Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Benson/Victor Griffin

Go down 
+6
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
bgsully
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

David Benson/Victor Griffin Empty
PostSubject: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:56 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on these samples?

I'm a huge Victor Griffin fan. Love his Place of Skulls, In-Graved and Pentagram stuff.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Clip isn't bad. Some great guitar riffs in there headbanger The vocals need to be focused in on more IMO. They seem to be behind the music.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Victor has a killer doomy guitar tone.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I've never listened to any of those bands you've mentioned above. If his riffs are that heavy and killer I might have to check out some of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Not too shabby, I could probably listen to more of this. The vocals do sound a little weird though. Like Ozzy, but after sucking in a balloon full of helium. That could get on my nerves for prolonged periods.

I'm familair with Victor, but I never heard of David Benson. Does he always sound like that?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not too shabby, I could probably listen to more of this. The vocals do sound a little weird though. Like Ozzy, but after sucking in a balloon full of helium. That could get on my nerves for prolonged periods.

I'm familair with Victor, but I never heard of David Benson. Does he always sound like that?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:13 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I've never listened to any of those bands you've mentioned above. If his riffs are that heavy and  killer I might have to check out some of them.

Place Of Skulls is killer! I haven't heard In-Graved yet, but I'm sure I will be purchasing it soon.

As far as these samples...sounds pretty good to me; though Benson's Ozzy-ish vocals have never really been my forte....I'd probably buy it for Griffin's guitar work alone.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Still sounds Ozzy-like in those clips but not so nasally or higher pitched. Maybe it's a production issue?

Might need to check out some other David Benson while I'm at it too.

EDIT: No Benson cd reviews on your site, Ult?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:26 pm

The music is great! The vocals are not. I like classic Ozzy, but Benson just sounds weird in the samples. Hopefully he can fix it with some studio magic before the album is released. If he were to sound more like 1970's Ozzy, it would be perfect!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

EDIT: No Benson cd reviews on your site, Ult?
Nope.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Love the music but I can't listen to Benson's vocals very long without wanting to harm monkeys.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:51 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I've never listened to any of those bands you've mentioned above. If his riffs are that heavy and  killer I might have to check out some of them.
I suggest grabbing Pentagram's first few albums right away. Excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

All Place of Skulls is awesome! I also like In-Graved but it's more 70's heavy metal than doom. (Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Blue Cheer type stuff.)

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 pm

When Benson first came out, I kind of dug him. But after a while I tire of his voice. Some of his music is absolutely great. Like Premonition of Doom:

Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Love the music but I can't listen to Benson's vocals very long without wanting to harm monkeys.
You wouldn't dare!!

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 am

Emulating Ozzy overall is a nonsensical idea. That said, the music is quite good. Don't think I'll buy it because that vocal will send me to my grave.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:44 am

Quote :

Dark Horseman wrote:

You wouldn't dare!!
It's why I don't listen, don't want you going ape poop around here. Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
I also like In-Graved but it's more 70's heavy metal than doom. (Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Blue Cheer type stuff.)
The description of that album sounds a lot more interesting than the samples for this Benson/Griffin record. I don't want to hear a full-length album with this guy singing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:55 am

S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I also like In-Graved but it's more 70's heavy metal than doom. (Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Blue Cheer type stuff.)
The description of that album sounds a lot more interesting than the samples for this Benson/Griffin record.  I don't want to hear a full-length album with this guy singing.
You can hear it on Spotify.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:46 pm

The vocals need to come up and they need to remove lots of that shitty reverb! Sounds decent otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Benson/Victor Griffin   David Benson/Victor Griffin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Benson/Victor Griffin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: