Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Metropolis has been updated

Go down 
+9
GrandNational
mc666
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Rex
ultmetal
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Metropolis has been updated Empty
PostSubject: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 4:51 am

Enjoy

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:19 am

Dude! Stop beating me to the updates! :angry:

BTW, like your first sentence describing "United Abominations": "the album friggin' kicks a$$!" Nice!

Nice "Black Rain" review as well. Wish I could get my hands on that version with that cover. If you find a cheap used copy, snag it for me kmorg. The U.S. version sucks!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 am

Hey Ult, I read somewhere that Black Rain is going to be re-released here in the US soon with the full album artwork.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 9:22 am

Cool. I own the 1988 version of the EP, the one with "Prophecy" on it. Weird how now, "Prophecy" now appears on The Warning instead. (I own the remasters of The Warning and Rage for Order, and the original Operation: Mindcrime.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:08 am

Rexorcist wrote:
Hey Ult, I read somewhere that Black Rain is going to be re-released here in the US soon with the full album artwork.

That's correct, although I haven't seen a release date for this version. Apparently "fan outrage" over the cheap cardboard version sparked this, however, the cynic in me thinks was the record companies (and Sharon's) plan all along to release 2 versions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:

That's correct, although I haven't seen a release date for this version. Apparently "fan outrage" over the cheap cardboard version sparked this, however, the cynic in me thinks was the record companies (and Sharon's) plan all along to release 2 versions.

That is so unlike Mrs. Osbourne! Smile Yeah right.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 am

I agree (among other things) with the Unia assessment. I love it and don't understand all the lukewarm or even negative reviews. Sure it's not lightning fast at times like some of their earlier stuff, but it's great anyhow. Look forward to seeing them in 2 days!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Dude! Stop beating me to the updates! angry

lol! Every time I see someone asking you for an update, I rudh mine! Laughing very hard

ultmetal wrote:
BTW, like your first sentence describing "United Abominations": "the album friggin' kicks a$$!" Nice!
Yeah, I was thinking it might be a little harsch for some of the American readers, but what the heck, this is what I feel!

ultmetal wrote:
Nice "Black Rain" review as well. Wish I could get my hands on that version with that cover. If you find a cheap used copy, snag it for me kmorg. The U.S. version sucks!

Didn't know it had a different cover in the US. Yeah, I'll try to snag you one.

[quote=scottmitchell74"]I agree (among other things) with the Unia assessment. I love it and don't understand all the lukewarm or even negative reviews. Sure it's not lightning fast at times like some of their earlier stuff, but it's great anyhow. Look forward to seeing them in 2 days![/quote]

Isn't it cool when initial holdbacks get blown to pieces? I love the album! Have a blast at the concert!

Required Fields wrote:
Cool. I own the 1988 version of the EP, the one with "Prophecy" on it. Weird how now, "Prophecy" now appears on The Warning instead. (I own the remasters of The Warning and Rage for Order, and the original Operation: Mindcrime.)

I own that version too, but I'll trade/sell it as son as possibel. I also have the remastered "The Warning", and it will be added to the site on the next update.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Dude! Stop beating me to the updates! angry

They've reissued it in a jewelcase, I've seen it at Wal Mart. No bonus tracks though.

I got the Jap copy when it came out Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nice "Black Rain" review as well. Wish I could get my hands on that version with that cover.

My copy has the same the same cover as Kmorgs, you can have it, I'll send it to with the Gama Bomb 7", It's Mint
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:06 pm

i'm still waiting on you to review the last Dying Fetus cd. i know you have it.

thanks for the reviews of Accept, the original Queensryche, & the live DT. the rest, well...to each their own.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:17 pm

Locky wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Nice "Black Rain" review as well. Wish I could get my hands on that version with that cover.

My copy has the same the same cover as Kmorgs, you can have it, I'll send it to with the Gama Bomb 7", It's Mint

Thanks. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Locky wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Thanks. 🤘

No bother,

Hey did Bob the builder ever get them CD Covers to you to sign ? Only wondering as I haven't recieved the CDs yet, no panic, just askin'
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:29 pm

No, but we are getting together tonight, so he may bring them then.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Nice Circus Maximus review. That band if frickin' awesome! And I'm surprised you've dubbed Unia the best Sonata Arctica CD. Not that it's bad, I think the reviews and fan reactions were wrong, but I don't think it's close to their best. Very good album, though.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:49 pm

Nice update. The "Unia" album is good, I agree.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm still waiting on you to review the last Dying Fetus cd. i know you have it..

lol! You joker, you....

mc666 wrote:
thanks for the reviews of Accept, the original Queensryche, & the live DT. the rest, well...to each their own..

and that's whats so cool about metal!

Eyesore wrote:
Nice Circus Maximus review. That band if frickin' awesome! And I'm surprised you've dubbed Unia the best Sonata Arctica CD. Not that it's bad, I think the reviews and fan reactions were wrong, but I don't think it's close to their best. Very good album, though.

I'm guessing Silence is your favorite? Circus Maximus rules!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Great to see XENTRIX, SOLDIER and HELSTAR. I will read your updates tomorrow because today i dont have much time. HAIL TO YOU FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:19 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'm guessing Silence is your favorite? Circus Maximus rules!
Nope. Silence is my least favorite. Haha. I've never been able to pick a favorite; I can't decide between Ecliptica or Winterheart's Guild.

I just got a CD from lala by a band called Harmony the other day. They remind me of Circus Maximus a lot! A bit more power metal than progressive metal, but killer nonetheless. Check out these clips:

ETERNITY
DREAMING AWAKE

Another band that reminds me of Circus Maximus is Stride. See if you agree:

FACE THE DAY
ALIVE
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:36 am

since you enjoyed this last Megadeth so much, i really wish you'd go back & give Rust In Peace another listen. i know it's not as radio friendly as Countdown To Extinction, or United Abominations, but i really think you missed some great stuff before. it was indeed their last thrash album.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:45 am

mc666 wrote:
since you enjoyed this last Megadeth so much, i really wish you'd go back & give Rust In Peace another listen. i know it's not as radio friendly as Countdown To Extinction, or United Abominations, but i really think you missed some great stuff before. it was indeed their last thrash album.
He was looking for "fuzz". That's why he was disappointed.

By the way, looks like you've heard Harmony already, so disregard my suggestion, or revisit that album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:13 am

I'll check out Stride later. Have the tunes downloaded now. I don't think Harmony sounds like CM though. CM are way more progressive.

mc666: I'll do that soon. I actually own all the remastered Megadeth albums, but haven't had time to add any of them yet. So when it's time for that, I'll revisit Rust In Peace. I don't dislike the album, I just never got the same attatchement to it that most fans seem to have.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:24 am

Nice Kmorg,I love Helstar!You dont hear much mention of them.Great Band
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:47 am

kmorg,
in your Ozzy review you say, "So I am not sure what all the negative fuzz is all about." Did you mean "negative fuss"?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg,
in your Ozzy review you say, "So I am not sure what all the negative fuzz is all about." Did you mean "negative fuss"?

Probably. Just like Eyesore was making fun about in my Rust In Peace write-up. lol!

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Metropolis has been updated
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next