Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And the new Dr Who is.............

Go down 
+4
Wurthless
Citanul
Sutekh
Boris2008
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

And the new Dr Who is............. Empty
PostSubject: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:41 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23570354

A surprising but interesting choice, not sure how it will go down with the younger fans but I think he is superb! Very Happy 

I'll start taking more interest again now, there was just something a bit annoying about Matt Smith.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 am

I'm happy with that choice. He will bring something very different to the role.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:12 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I'll start taking more interest again now, there was just something a bit annoying about Matt Smith.

For me the problem was more with the way they wrote the Eleventh Doctor. He's over 900 years old and has travelled with a lot of humans yet at times seemed to lack any understanding of basic human interaction. I realise the Doctor's an alien yet I feel they overdid the quirkiness to some extent, although I still enjoyed it.

I like the choice of Peter Capaldi. Going with someone that age is a brave move, but as Sutekh said, will bring something different to the role. And while he's an established actor, which means he's got a good track record, he's not such a big name that he'll overshadow the role i.e. people won't end up watching the show just because it's him rather than because it's Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:32 pm

I was kind of disappointed with series 7. I also don't really care for the fan base that the show's been attracting recently, but I'll definitely give this a shot. Peter Capaldi, in what I've seen, is a great actor and a cool choice for the Doctor.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:22 am

Hopefully he'll bring a bit of Malcolm Tucker to the role. Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:49 am

I hope they do away with the ridiculously convoluted story lines that are clearly made up as they go along. I preferred Russell t. Davies as head writer. And David tennant is still the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 am

Wurthless wrote:
I was kind of disappointed with series 7. I also don't really care for the fan base that the show's been attracting recently, but I'll definitely give this a shot. Peter Capaldi, in what I've seen, is a great actor and a cool choice for the Doctor.

I hear ya! Series 7 had some great stuff, and some awful, being much more uneven than other seasons. It felt like Matt Smith was playing a caricature, not a character, through most of the last half a series. Peter Capaldi will bring some gravitas, and will change the dynamic within the TARDIS considerably.

Having been a fan for 32 years, I'm stoked at the profile that the series has attained, with a live show just to announce the new Doctor.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:45 am

Roger Daltrey M.D

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:12 pm

James B. wrote:
Roger Daltrey M.D
He's already written the theme song forty years ago!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:22 pm

He kinda looks like Jon Pertwee. I still prefer the original series to the new one.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Do they all have to wear the scarf or was that a one-time thing?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
it was a one time thing that Tom Baker adorned. He actually had two different scarves.

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Every Doctor has a different 'look', but Tom Baker, with teeth, curls and scarf, is probably still the most recognised look today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 am

Sutekh wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Every Doctor has a different 'look', but Tom Baker, with teeth, curls and scarf, is probably still the most recognised look today.
That's the only one I know. I've never watched the show, but I recognize that particular one. I remember way back in grade school, a kid used to wear a "Dr. Who" scarf in winter that his grandmother made for him. He got a lot of wedgies too if I recall. Laughing 

PostSubject: Re: And the new Dr Who is.............   And the new Dr Who is............. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And the new Dr Who is.............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: