Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YOUTUBE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

YOUTUBE Empty
PostSubject: YOUTUBE   YOUTUBE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 pm

As much as I love going on youtube and watching videos of just about everything. I find youtube is really destroying the youth of today. Kids sit with their instruments and practice a song for hours on hours and then record a video and post it up. They get praised for such an amazing job...

Instead of practicing new techniques or working on things they aren't good at. They sit there and read all the positive comments and it starts a chain reaction of videos to follow..

Same goes to all the Call of Duty videos, it shows people doing all these trickshots and people praise them.. Trickshots are 100% LUCK, but getting that one lucky shot makes you get 300k views? People see the views and guess what? They begin to make videos and this causes you to get in a game lobby with a bunch of people trying to do trickshots to upload on youtube...

The whole point of this thread is that a lot of today's TRENDS are started from youtube.. Sure it's entertaining but it's also showing kids the wrong way to do things. You should make your own path in life, not follow that of another.

I say this because my 11 yr old son won't get off of youtube and follows all these trickshot videos and wants to be just like them hahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

YOUTUBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUTUBE   YOUTUBE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 pm

My stepson learned to play guitar thanks to youtube. We tried sending him to learn the old way, with a tutor, but he could not learn him anything he didn't already know off if youtube. The tutor wanted 50 bucks per hour. Youtube is free 24 hours a day.

so, there's that....

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

YOUTUBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUTUBE   YOUTUBE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:27 pm

kmorg wrote:
My stepson learned to play guitar thanks to youtube. We tried sending him to learn the old way, with a tutor, but he could not learn him anything he didn't already know off if youtube.  The tutor wanted 50 bucks per hour. Youtube is free 24 hours a day.

so, there's that....

youtube is great for a lot of things and there def is a lot of videos out there that help you with guitar playing. I watch them frequently myself.. $50 per hour? You got robbed my man.. I only charge $30 per lesson via Skype...

I was born into the WEBAGE.. The Internet rules the world now and most ppl sit at home ALL DAY online. Im glad I put that habit behind me. I just hope my son follows in my footsteps haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YOUTUBE Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOUTUBE   YOUTUBE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YOUTUBE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: