Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OVI SILENCE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:58 am

For years now, I've had to listen to all the endless criticism of Crosby from Ovechkin fans. I think we can all firmly say now there is no more doubt as to who is the better player.

For a few seasons, Ovi was the prolific goal scorer of the NHL. And he still is a top goal scoring threat. That's it. He is not a leader, and he is certainly not clutch. He's not even a offensive QB capable of running the offense. He never shows up when it's on the line and unlike Crosby, Ovi can be shut down and frequently is. The only defense I will give him is that currently, that team sucks around him. But that hasn't always been the case. Either way, the only prayer that AO has of winning a cup is getting the heck out of Washington and pulling an Iginla. So he'll have to try and steal a cup with someone else in the latter years of his career.

Crosby...is the exact opposite. He IS the leader and he's a prolific offensive player that comes through time and time again. And is almost impossible to shut down. Couple that with the team around him...he's arguably not even the best player on his team alongside Malkin. That team was built to win cups. But it starts with Sid. They remind me of the dynasty Edmonton teams. Just because Gretzky was on an all-star team where darn near all of them went on to the HOF, doesn't take away from his greatness....I said they "remind" me of that team as far as the talent and depth.

Last nights pathetic blowout and yet another early exit by "the best player in the world" (who was nonexistent yet again in a must win game), it's time to face the truth people.

Commence tantrums.... butt dance
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:10 am

Uh oh, starting all the Cindy comments in 3...2...1...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:12 am

laughing
007 wrote:
Uh oh, starting all the Cindy comments in 3...2...1...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Cindy is a crybaby.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:13 am

exact33 wrote:
Cindy is a crybaby.
Yeah, exactly. With a Stanley Cup, MVP, an Art Ross, a Richard trophy, playing through concussions from being head hunted and currently playing with a broken jaw.....and he's 25 years old to boot.

Dude's a whiner don't you know..... OVI SILENCE 499945
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:07 pm

He's impressed me this year, what with the hits and all he's taken. I think the real problem is, like you've said, he's not even the best on his team. Gretz went to a mediocre team and almost put the trophy on the shelf and that was at the end of his career. I put Crosby in the Sakic category.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:51 pm

T-Roy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Cindy is a crybaby.
Yeah, exactly. With a Stanley Cup, MVP, an Art Ross, a Richard trophy, playing through concussions from being head hunted and currently playing with a broken jaw.....and he's 25 years old to boot.

Dude's a whiner don't you know..... OVI SILENCE 499945

you and Cindy ought to be happy together!

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:02 am

As much as I couldn't stand Crosby for a time, he earned my begrudged respect a few seasons back when he took a fight (and won it). Plus I feel bad for anybody dealing with head injuries and still playing. Scary to think what the future after playing days may hold with multiple concussion victims.

As a Caps fan I've just become resigned to the fact that this is the team's fate - EVERY YEAR. Ovechkin for all his talent just isn't a play with heart/ win at all costs guy. And unfortunately playoffs come down to who wants it more. So the Caps are left with a guy they can't win in the season without and a leader who won't win in the playoffs. A complete lack of fire and heart. Or to be fair a inconsistent lack of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OVI SILENCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: OVI SILENCE   OVI SILENCE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OVI SILENCE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: