Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+87
assault_attack
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
ZombieHavoc
anthrax_fan
fingers
Highway Star
Heavy Metal Ninja
Lari
moonspell67
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Aaron_D
BloodWinter
Eyesore
muckie
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Medieval Torture Device
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
Glower
Hadley
Dr8breed74
Troublezone
Required Fields
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
SAHB Healer
Vexer6
mikeinfla
Runicen
AmongTheRest
AutumnShantel
glassprison
Thelemech
rajah
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
metalinmyveins
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Locky
MetalRob331
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
RAIDwarden
Leatherface
bass63
dirtracin1
sovdat
thejokeriv
bgsully
mlotek
brokentulsa
MoonChild
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
David Panzer
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Gryphon-kl
EvyMetal
exact33
Witchfinder
chilejay7
Wurthless
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Wallace2112
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Addy
Andy
jettafiend
SpectreFate
manny
nevermore
Sutekh
DallasBlack
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4596

What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Just wrapped up:

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

and am about to start:

Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Has anyone read the Steve Lukather book?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 am

I'm about to start Vietnam's American War, which as I'm sure you can guess is about that war from the perspective of those on the other side, living and fighting foreign occupation.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I have. Pretty good read! It's amazing how many hit records that he's played on!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 am

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have. Pretty good read! It's amazing how many hit records that he's played on!!

Cool! I might pick it up, or listen to the amazon “Audible” version.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Cool! I might pick it up, or listen to the amazon “Audible” version.

I think you'd enjoy it.

Now reading:
Heavy Tales by Jon Zazula
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 6:15 pm

The Book Of Abramelin by Georg Dehn
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 4:14 pm

That's Not All Folks! My Life in the Golden Age of Cartoons and Radio by Mel Blanc, with Philip Bashe

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 10:45 pm

No Celebration: The Official Story Of Paradise Lost by David Gehlke
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Just started reading Heavy Duty: Days and Nights In Judas Priest by KK Downing.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 11:02 am

Picking this one up from the library (they have it on hold for me) on the way home tonight:

Ticket Masters: The Rise of the Concert Industry and How the Public Got Scalped, by Dean Budnick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 9:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Picking this one up from the library (they have it on hold for me) on the way home tonight:

Ticket Masters: The Rise of the Concert Industry and How the Public Got Scalped, by Dean Budnick
I honestly don't know why Ticketmaster never has been sued for scalping. Them and stub hub work together screwing people left and right. I wouldn't mind reading that, but it would probably piss me off too much.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 5:31 am

2 books !

" Too Tough To Love " - woman who intimately knew Johnny Ramone for 7 years or so.

" Bon " by Jesse Fink. Bon may have done heroin. Sleazy rocker. Hardcore alcoholic.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 7:43 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I honestly don't know why Ticketmaster never has been sued for scalping. Them and stub hub work together screwing people left and right. I wouldn't mind reading that, but it would probably piss me off too much.

I started this over the weekend and so far it's been pretty dry. I'm only about 50 pages in so it's still in the mid 1960s, with two different companies scrambling to be the first to market their computer-aided ticket reservation systems.

I'm assuming at some point these two companies will merge to form Ticketron, which later became Ticketmaster, but the techie mumbo jumbo is getting to be a bit much. If this doesn't start getting more interesting in the next 50 pages of so, I will probably bail out.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 11:19 am

^^ I gave up on that "Ticket Masters" book. It wasn't getting any better so I returned it this morning.

Moving on to something that I hope will be more interesting/entertaining:

The Yugo: The Rise and Fall of the Worst Car in History by Jason Vuic

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 10:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ I gave up on that "Ticket Masters" book. It wasn't getting any better so I returned it this morning.

Haha my grandmother had a Hugo for a couple years. Looking back, I still can't figure out why. She was into being classy. She always had nice cars. Lincoln Continentals, Cadillacs, etc. Then one day a Hugo came into our lives. Then she had a friend that lived with us driving the other ugliest car in the world....a Pacer. The property value in the neighborhood dropped by half when those POS'S showed up in our yard lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 6:44 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Haha my grandmother had a Hugo for a couple years. Looking back, I still can't figure out why. She was into being classy. She always had nice cars. Lincoln Continentals, Cadillacs, etc. Then one day a Hugo came into our lives. Then she had a friend that lived with us driving the other ugliest car in the world....a Pacer. The property value in the neighborhood dropped by half when those POS'S showed up in our yard lol

Haha, one of my friends had a Yugo for awhile when were in high school. I'm over six foot so I could barely fit in the damn thing. If we went anywhere in it, I felt like my head should be sticking thru the roof like Dino on "The Flintstones."

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 8:30 am

Lita Ford: Living Like A Runaway. This was a surprise gift from the wife at Christmas. 30 or so pages in and it's good.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 10:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Haha, one of my friends had a Yugo for awhile when were in high school. I'm over six foot so I could barely fit in the damn thing. If we went anywhere in it, I felt like my head should be sticking thru the roof like Dino on "The Flintstones."
Damn auto correct changed YUGO to HUGO lol

That's funny though, you should have cut a hole in that thing, would have been an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

That's funny though, you should have cut a hole in that thing, would have been an improvement.

This book is a lot more fun than the Ticketmaster book so far. Each chapter starts with a Yugo joke, like these:

Q: How do you get a Yugo to go from 0 to 60 in ten seconds?
A: Push it off a cliff.

Q: How do you double the value of your Yugo?
A: Fill the gas tank.

Q: What do you call a Yugo with a flat tire?
A: Totaled.

Q: What do a Yugo and a ceiling fan have in common?
A: They have the same motor.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Forever Nerdy by Brian Posehn
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

This book is a lot more fun than the Ticketmaster book so far. Each chapter starts with a Yugo joke, like these:

Q: How do you get a Yugo to go from 0 to 60 in ten seconds?
A: Push it off a cliff.

Q: How do you double the value of your Yugo?
A: Fill the gas tank.

Q: What do you call a Yugo with a flat tire?
A: Totaled.

Q: What do a Yugo and a ceiling fan have in common?
A: They have the same motor.

Laughing very hard
Having driven one quite a few times, I can confirm all of that is factual lol
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm

Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next