Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+87
assault_attack
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
ZombieHavoc
anthrax_fan
fingers
Highway Star
Heavy Metal Ninja
Lari
moonspell67
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Aaron_D
BloodWinter
Eyesore
muckie
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Medieval Torture Device
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
Glower
Hadley
Dr8breed74
Troublezone
Required Fields
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
SAHB Healer
Vexer6
mikeinfla
Runicen
AmongTheRest
AutumnShantel
glassprison
Thelemech
rajah
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
metalinmyveins
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Locky
MetalRob331
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
martinsane
Chrome Locust
corplhicks
RAIDwarden
Leatherface
bass63
dirtracin1
sovdat
thejokeriv
bgsully
mlotek
brokentulsa
MoonChild
CRIMSONMASK
Orion Crystal Ice
David Panzer
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Gryphon-kl
EvyMetal
exact33
Witchfinder
chilejay7
Wurthless
ShadowAngel
SideShowDisaSter
Wallace2112
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Addy
Andy
jettafiend
SpectreFate
manny
nevermore
Sutekh
DallasBlack
91 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 am

I've had my hands full at work - with two narcs -
I read " Snakes in Suits " - very spot on stuff -
Going to give to the book to my nephew,
entering college next year, as a Christmas present.

I also just bought a book today, on Ebay,
"What Every Body Says " -
A poker player - suggested it to me - an ex-F.B.I guy talks about Body Language.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 3:12 am

Started reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Picked it up years ago and never finished it, so figured I'd give it another go.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Wife surprised me with a copy of Lemmy's White Line Fever for Christmas. Started it last night.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 6:27 pm

The Spider-Man Vault by Peter A. David and Robert Greenberger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Just finished Frankenstein, and started reading The Turning of the Screw, by Henry James.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 8:55 pm

glassprison wrote:
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Great author, but I've only read two of his so far.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 pm

The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene.

Got the Thieves World series for Christmas and plan to start that soon.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 6:18 pm

DC Comics Covergirls by Louise Simpson
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2019 9:15 pm

The Gospel According To Luke by Steve Lukather
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 am

Just started reading book 4 in the Song of Fire and Ice series, A Feast for Crows. I've read the first three twice now, but always seem to stop after I'm done with those. I keep waiting for him to finish them before I finish what I have, but at this point I just want to read them and compare them to the show.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 8:31 am

All the Way with LBJ: The 1964 Presidential Election by Robert David Johnson
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 pm

The China Study
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 4:51 am

The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 9:57 pm

Don't Panic!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 pm

The Sadness Of Beautiful Things by Simon Van Booy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 9:29 pm

AC/DC: Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be by Mick Wall
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 am

I'm reading We Gotta Get Out of this Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War and it is fantastic.

They talk to people from all walks of life, all political leanings, all whatever, who all have two things in common: they were in Vietnam and music was part of what helped them survive and continiue to survive.

Reading the vets' emotional connection to Hendrix, as well as his music being used to great effect in Ken Burns' The Vietnam War documentary series has sent me down a serious Hendrix rabbit hole. I was always pretty indifferent to him. I didn't hate him, but didn't see the big deal. I've now consumed album after album and a pile of live shows and I am now in love with Hendrix.

That documentary series is fantastic too, and I feel like a more complete person for having watched it. The people they follow throughout--which includes everyone ranging from US vets, draft dogers, anti-war activists, anti-war vets, Viet Cong vets, South Vietnamese Army vets, POWs, and on and on--are all amazing in different ways and put so much in perspective. No side is let off the hook, when it comes to the higher powers pulling the strings. JFK, LBJ, Nixon, leadership in North and South Vietnam, all held accountable for the roles they played in so much senseless death.

I'm lefty as hell and assumed I'd automatically side more with the anti-war crowd, but the series does a good job of making you understand where all sides--not the politicians per se, but the people on the ground--were coming from in their stances, actions and reactions.

Highly recommend both the book I mention above and the 10-part docuseries.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 am

I picked up Roger Daltrey's autobiography Thanks A Lot, Mr. Kibblewhite, from the library this past weekend, but haven't had time to start it yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 8:46 pm

Blood Fire Death : The Swedish Metal Story by Ika Johannesson and Jon Klingberg
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm

King's X : The Oral History by Greg Prato
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 6:47 pm

nevermore wrote:
King's X : The Oral History by Greg Prato

NICE!!! Tell us what you think. I am still stuck on "What You Make It". But, you can only take so many craps in a day [yes, I DO have reading glasses next to my toilet....]
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 7:27 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I'm reading We Gotta Get Out of this Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War and it is fantastic.

They talk to people from all walks of life, all political leanings, all whatever, who all have two things in common: they were in Vietnam and music was part of what helped them survive and continiue to survive.

Reading the vets' emotional connection to Hendrix, as well as his music being used to great effect in Ken Burns' The Vietnam War documentary series has sent me down a serious Hendrix rabbit hole. I was always pretty indifferent to him. I didn't hate him, but didn't see the big deal. I've now consumed album after album and a pile of live shows and I am now in love with Hendrix.

That documentary series is fantastic too, and I feel like a more complete person for having watched it. The people they follow throughout--which includes everyone ranging from US vets, draft dogers, anti-war activists, anti-war vets, Viet Cong vets, South Vietnamese Army vets, POWs, and on and on--are all amazing in different ways and put so much in perspective. No side is let off the hook, when it comes to the higher powers pulling the strings. JFK, LBJ, Nixon, leadership in North and South Vietnam, all held accountable for the roles they played in so much senseless death.

I'm lefty as hell and assumed I'd automatically side more with the anti-war crowd, but the series does a good job of making you understand where all sides--not the politicians per se, but the people on the ground--were coming from in their stances, actions and reactions.

Highly recommend both the book I mention above and the 10-part docuseries.

Thanks for posting that.  I just ordered the Ken Burns series on DVD.  I enjoy his work.  And since the Viet Nam war happened mostly when I was a kid, I don't remember much before the US got out of there (and even that is pretty fuzzy).  So I'm anxious to learn what was going on from the people who were actually there.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Not to take away from Ken Burns pocketbook, but that whole docu-series is on youtube, if interested. ZH got me into watching it. I need to conclude it [takes a lot of time!!].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next