Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Empty
PostSubject: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Dig/dp/B00C96TIEC/ref=sr_shvl_album_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367199607&sr=301-3
Band is Heaven and Earth, album is called Dig.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks. Hope the CD is as good as the samples.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am

If you like this one, check out their previous effort, Heaven & Earth Featuring Stuart Smith. Also known as Stuart Smith's Heaven & Hell.

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Earth-featuring-Stuart-Smith/dp/B002IR0UTE/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

Stuart Smith is the guitarist, it's more or less his band and he has a serious Blackmore style of playing and writing. That Heaven & Earth album has a few different guests on there too. Really good album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm

I think I like that album MG posted better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 pm

I vaugely remember reading an online review of it then a short time later, finding a copy of it in the FYE discount bin for like $2 bucks or something.

Fast forward a bit and I find another copy in a thrift store. This one is the re-released version with bonus tracks AND it's autographed by Stu himself to someone named Stephanie. I kept that one and traded away my original copy to Spec for some magic beans.

I don't have the booklet in front of me, but I know there are a bunch of guest musicians and vocalists on the H&E cd. Richie Sambora shows up on a coupla tracks. He was (at the time) Stuart's brother-in-law. Heather Locklear's sister was (is?) married to Stu.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:53 pm

In the other youtube clip Kelly Keeling is a guest vocalist for the Windows to the World album.

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:12 pm

It does. How have I missed this until now?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It does. How have I missed this until now?

Stop spending so much time in the bathroom. Get out there and live a little. 🚽

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Embarassed

Well, this is a good find what with BCC probable done.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:30 am

Yea, I might give this new disc a shot. The samples sound promising. Here's a video for the first single, 'No Money, No Love'.

Deep Purple fans should check these guys out.

PostSubject: Re: Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore    Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dig-the band that sounds like Blackmore
Page 1 of 1