Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DP Made in Japan (help)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

DP Made in Japan (help) Empty
PostSubject: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Got a question for the audiophiles. I haven't owned Made in Japan on CD since my first copy was destroyed in the mid-90s, been listening to the vinyl ever since. Now I'm wanting to purchase the album all over again, but I'm noticing there are now several versions to choose from (I would buy them all at the same time but m budget won't allow it): the original, the remastered version, and the 3-disc Live in Japan. I'm wondering which of these is the best first choice. Remasters aren't always reliable, and I've heard there is a fair amount of compression, but the extra tracks look like a cool bonus. Live in Japan looks great but are missing the Smoke on the Water and The Mule tracks that are on Made in Japan. Either way, this is my favorite live album and I've been dying to listen to it again on my work trips, so any opinions and thought would be welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:18 pm

The 2-CD remastered version is fine, it has some compression but isn't brickwalled. That's the only version I have right now.

However, I should mention that a boxed set is in the works that will contain the complete performances from all 3 nights that the original album was culled from.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 pm

S.D. wrote:

However, I should mention that a boxed set is in the works that will contain the complete performances from all 3 nights that the original album was culled from.

Isn't that the Live in Japan set?

http://www.amazon.com/Live-In-Japan-Deep-Purple/dp/B000005RPX/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:50 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-In-Japan-Deep-Purple/dp/B000005RPX/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I believe a new version is being done for the US market as well (that is a UK only edition).

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I believe a new version is being done for the US market as well (that is a UK only edition).

Niiice. Wondering if a bonus DVD can be thrown in with all the live snippets from the History Hits Highlights DVD.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Made In Japan is one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 pm

'Space Truckin'. Why even go back to the studio version? headbanger
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'Space Truckin'. Why even go back to the studio version? headbanger

To be honest, I rarely do. Dat organ...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 am

I've seen a copy of this album in the used bins at FYE the last few times I was there, but skipped over it in favor of other stuff. Not sure if this copy is an original or remastered version.

Next time I stop in, I'll have to look for it. Which almost guarentees it will be gone. Smile

PostSubject: Re: DP Made in Japan (help)   DP Made in Japan (help) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DP Made in Japan (help)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: