Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Sharknado! It was amazing. Did you know that you can find shotgun-wielding stripper/bartender chicks inside a shark? True story.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm

"Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2" (2012)

The animated version of Frank Miller's graphic novel concludes, and the second half is even more brutal and violent than the first. Now that Batman's taken care of the "Mutants" street gang, he turns his attention to a final (and I do mean final) battle with the Joker, then takes on Superman, who's been sent in by the President to put a stop to Batman's reign of terror... and oh yeah, a global nuclear war just happens to break out for good measure, which throws Gotham City into even more chaos than usual.  

Once again, nicely animated with tons of mayhem and great voice work. Definitely worth a look for all Bat-Fans.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Fringe, almost done with season 3...woah, they kind of pulled a jump the shark and, I admit, it frustrated me more than slightly. For those who have seen: soul magnets? Really? Come the F*ck on.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18834

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 am

Over the past few nights:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Deserto_rosso_monica_vitti_michelangelo_antonioni_007_jpg_kxea

Isolation, existentialism, mental illness, social illness, in a rich Italian post WWII tapestry, one of my very favorites.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:16 am

Boy Meets World, season one. I nostalgia'd all over the place.

Started season 4 of the Office the other day.

I'm also gonna re-watch Freaks and Geeks soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:28 am

"Sharknado" (2013)

(If the above trailer doesn't make you weep with joy, then you have no soul.)

SyFy and The Asylum present their most awesomely absurd co-production yet (and that's really sayin' somehting!!). When a freak hurricane pounds Southern California, a tidal wave floods the streets, bringing hordes of hungry sharks with it. As if things weren't bad enough already, the high winds then create waterspouts which pick up the sharks and hurl them around the city in an angry, razor-toothed, whirling maelstrom of doom.

Shorefront bartender Finn (Played by Ian "Steve from "90210" Ziering) and his bikini-clad, shotgun-toting barmaid (Cassie Scerbo) survive the initial disaster and then have to make their way across the flooded, shark-infested streets of L.A. in order to rescue Finn's family, including ex-wife Tara Reid. Lots of munching, shooting, crashing, exploding, and chain sawing -- yes, chain sawing! - ensues.

Needless to say, "Sharknado" is hilariously terrible in the best possible way, with some of the most ridiculous CGI ever. Nuke some popcorn, turn off your brain, and enjoy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Keith, I'm taking your advice and seeing Sharknado since it sounds like it may change my life, but until I tell the world about it, I have a recommendation for you, if you haven't seen it yet. Now keep in mind that I share your appetite for cult, grindhouse, b-movies, and z-movies of all genres. That said, I present to you--IMO--the worst bad movie ever made.

Trust me on this one. It doesn't get worse than this. Etc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:13 pm

^^ Ahhh yes, the infamous "Birdemic!!"... we had a thread about that one here awhile ago. I've never seen it but have read/heard much about it. I'm sure that if I ever come across it in my travels, my curiosity will override my common sense and I'll end up checking it out...and then hating myself when it's over... Haha.

Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Sharknado" (2013)

SyFy and The Asylum present their most awesomely absurd co-production yet (and that's really sayin' somehting!!). When a freak hurricane pounds Southern California, a tidal wave floods the streets, bringing hordes of hungry sharks with it. As if things weren't bad enough already, the high winds then create waterspouts which pick up the sharks and hurl them around the city in an angry, razor-toothed, whirling maelstrom of doom.

Shorefront bartender Finn (Played by Ian "Steve from "90210" Ziering) and his bikini-clad, shotgun-toting barmaid (Cassie Scerbo) survive the initial disaster and then have to make their way across the flooded, shark-infested streets of L.A. in order to rescue Finn's family, including ex-wife Tara Reid. Lots of munching, shooting, crashing, exploding, and chain sawing -- yes, chain sawing! - ensues.

Needless to say, "Sharknado" is hilariously terrible in the best possible way, with some of the most ridiculous CGI ever. Nuke some popcorn, turn off your brain, and enjoy.

This. Looks. AWESOME! There is absolutely no logic that supports this premise at all, but boy does that look like fun! I appreciated the "We're going to need a bigger chopper" reference to Jaws. Beautiful!Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Sharknado" (2013)

This. Looks. AWESOME! There is absolutely no logic that supports this premise at all, but boy does that look like fun! I appreciated the "We're going to need a bigger chopper" reference to Jaws. Beautiful!Laughing very hard 

Well there sorta is some logic to support the premise. When I lived in Connecticut I lived right on the shore of the Long Island Sound. Every so often a waterspout would form and drift onto shore. When it was over, you'd go outside and find crabs and fish on your car. Nothing anywhere near the size of a shark mind you but I have seen "Crabnados" several times.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Quote :
Well there sorta is some logic to support the premise. When I lived in Connecticut I lived right on the shore of the Long Island Sound. Every so often a waterspout would form and drift onto shore. When it was over, you'd go outside and find crabs and fish on your car. Nothing anywhere near the size of a shark mind you but I have seen "Crabnados" several times.

Get The Asylum on the phone!! "Crabnado" could be the sequel!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard 
These were little crabs. The seagulls loved it though; they must have thought it was home delivery.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Over the past few nights:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Deserto_rosso_monica_vitti_michelangelo_antonioni_007_jpg_kxea

Isolation, existentialism, mental illness, social illness, in a rich Italian post WWII tapestry, one of my very favorites.

Man are you playing to the wrong crowd! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard 
These were little crabs.  The seagulls loved it though; they must have thought it was home delivery.

I actually read an interview with the "Sharknado" screenwriter, who said the story was inspired by stuff he'd read about various sea creatures being picked up by waterspouts and then deposited onto dry land.

...of course, that doesn't explain why the waterspouts in this movie seem to pick up sharks exclusively, and leave all of the other aquatic species behind. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard 
These were little crabs.  The seagulls loved it though; they must have thought it was home delivery.

I actually read an interview with the "Sharknado" screenwriter, who said the story was inspired by stuff he'd read about various sea creatures being picked up by waterspouts and then deposited onto dry land.

...of course, that doesn't explain why the waterspouts in this movie seem to pick up sharks exclusively, and leave all of the other aquatic species behind. Laughing very hard

When I first heard about "Sharknado" I figured the genesis of the idea had to be waterspouts that have been known to pick up and deposit sea creatures on land. Of course the sea creatures I saw deposited on land were only several inches long at most. But I knew that had to be the kernel of the idea behind "Sharknado".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18834

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 am

The Lone Ranger, it was not a bad movie, its a summer popcorn flick.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:21 am

manny wrote:
The Lone Ranger, it was not a bad movie, its a summer popcorn flick.

I'll probably wait until Netflix gets it. Sometimes the "bombs" are actually fun movies - i.e. John Carter, which was considered a huge flop.... I liked it, fun flick.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:33 am

Double feature last night:

"Private School" (1983)

Phoebe Cates (siiiigh....!) followed up her epic turn in "Fast Times" with this plotless, generic sex comedy centered around the horny student bodies at an exclusive girls' academy, and the guys from the boys' school next door who love them. There's no story to speak of but there's plenty of half naked girls, a great early '80s soundtrack and plenty of cheap laughs. Fun in a "retro" kind of way if you grew up sneaking peeks at these movies on late night HBO like I did.

And then for something completely different:

"Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" (2010)

The Justice League gets a visit from the Lex Luthor of an alternate Earth...and on his planet, he happens to be the only surviving member of their Justice League. He enlists the J.L. to come to his Earth to help him fight back against a syndicate of evil superbeings bent on not only ruling their planet, but taking over the entire Multiverse as well. VERY cool stuff here, it's loads of fun watching "our" heroes fighting bad guys who are their "evil opposites." Another winner from the DC Animated Universe.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:21 am

Been wanting to see that Justice League. Why is it DC can't do shit with theatrical releases but kick ass when it comes to animated DTV?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Pacific Rim - Robots punch Monsters!  It was everything I wanted it to be.  It was also, much, much better than that horrific Star Trek movie and that complete trainwreck Superman movie.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Doctor Who - The War Games

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Pacific Rim - Robots punch Monsters!  It was everything I wanted it to be.  It was also, much, much better than that horrific Star Trek movie and that complete trainwreck Superman movie.

From what I'm gathering so far it seems that PR is the best action blockbuster of the year...and the most human.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Double feature last night:

"Private School" (1983)

Phoebe Cates (siiiigh....!) followed up her epic turn in "Fast Times" with this plotless, generic sex comedy centered around the horny student bodies at an exclusive girls' academy, and the guys from the boys' school next door who love them. There's no story to speak of but there's plenty of half naked girls, a great early '80s soundtrack and plenty of cheap laughs. Fun in a "retro" kind of way if you grew up sneaking peeks at these movies on late night HBO like I did.  

And then for something completely different:

"Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" (2010)

The Justice League gets a visit from the Lex Luthor of an alternate Earth...and on his planet, he happens to be the only surviving member of their Justice League. He enlists the J.L. to come to his Earth to help him fight back against a syndicate of evil superbeings bent on not only ruling their planet, but taking over the entire Multiverse as well. VERY cool stuff here, it's loads of fun watching "our" heroes fighting bad guys who are their "evil opposites." Another winner from the DC Animated Universe.

You should have watched Phoebe Cates' finest hour!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next