Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
*** DUN ***

- slight pause -

*** DUN ***

- slighter pause -

*** DUN DUN ***

- slight pause again but also someone screaming -

**voiceover on black screen**

*random snippets of 'Inception', 'Star Trek', and 'Dark Knight' themes*

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 25679 That pretty much sums it up. And nowadays the voiceover is a vague portion of dialogue from the film instead of an actual narrator.

I miss the days when the name of the movie was announced at the beginning. WITH FLAIR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm glad they've basically dumped the narration now, that got really tired and is essentially unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

"Galaxy of Terror" (1981)

Also known as "Mindwarp," this is one of two sci-fi/horror pix released by Roger Corman's New World Pictures in the early 80s to cash in on the success of "Alien" (the other was "Forbidden World" aka "Mutant.") In this one, a crew of astronauts on a rescue mission to a hostile planet become victims of their own fears and get picked off one by one.

More elaborate than your average Corman production, this one suffers from a muddled story but features some cool set design, some nasty ass gore, and a cast that includes a young Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund, Erin "Joanie Cunningham" Moran, and Ray "My Favorite Martian" Walston. Oh, and there's a scene where a chick gets raped to death by a giant slimy space slug, which is worth the price of admission all by itself.....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:21 am

I saw Galaxy Of Terror at the drive-in.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:30 am

Grey's Anatomy, season finale. God, I hope the chief isn't dead.

Galaxy of Terror is one of my favorite Corman flicks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:59 am

"Alien Contamination" (1980)

AKA "Contamination," this Earth-bound Italian-made "Alien" variant from Luigi "Starcrash" Cozzi starts out strong but eventually peters out into utter WTF territory. When a ship drifts into New York harbor with all the crew dead and a cargo hold full of seemingly extraterrestrial eggs, a government scientist, an NYPD cop and a former astronaut travel to South America (?) to unravel the mystery and save the Earth from being overrun by alien goons. Some decent gore but not much else. Skip it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Alien Contamination" (1980)

AKA "Contamination," this Earth-bound Italian-made "Alien" variant from Luigi "Starcrash" Cozzi starts out strong but eventually peters out into utter WTF territory. When a ship drifts into New York harbor with all the crew dead and a cargo hold full of seemingly extraterrestrial eggs, a government scientist, an NYPD cop and a former astronaut travel to South America (?) to unravel the mystery and save the Earth from being overrun by alien goons. Some decent gore but not much else. Skip it.

Dude. I had to buy this on ebay back in the day. I HAD to see it after reading about the exploding guts etc. Plus I've always been a big fan of Starcrash. It was cut pretty bad, though, with most of the gore at a minimum. Was glad to see the DVD release years later with the full cut. Anyway, yeah it's awful stuff, and the monster FX at the end are just crap, but something cultish in me loves this movie. Glad to see someone else got to "enjoy" it.

Cannot un-see that exploding mouse...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:16 am

Pirate Radio (2009)

Fun nostalgia trip set aboard a ship that's a floating pirate radio station in 1966. Great cast led by the always incomparable Bill Nighy (and including Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Kenneth Branagh) make up for a rather scattered and overlong script. Still, the exuberance of the cast wins out in the end. Look quickly for Gemma Arterton (Quantum Of Solace) and January Jones (Mad Men) in small roles.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:01 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:25 am

Quote :
Dude. I had to buy this on ebay back in the day. I HAD to see it after reading about the exploding guts etc. Plus I've always been a big fan of Starcrash. It was cut pretty bad, though, with most of the gore at a minimum. Was glad to see the DVD release years later with the full cut. Anyway, yeah it's awful stuff, and the monster FX at the end are just crap, but something cultish in me loves this movie. Glad to see someone else got to "enjoy" it.

Cannot un-see that exploding mouse...

Anyone who's a big fan of "Starcrash" is OK in my book. That's my favorite Eurotrash B-Movie ever. It introduced me to the wild, weird world of Italian exploitation cinema when I was a wee lad. Very Happy

The version of "Contamination" I watched last night (it's on YouTube in its entirety) appeared to be the full cut, all of the gore and exploding bodies were included.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:07 am

Penguins - Senators game. Then finished watching the Pirates-Astros game with the Pirates winning on a walk-off error !?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Bonnie and Clyde
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25771

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Watched the Dodgers/Braves game last night.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Last night:

The Three Musketeers
Golden Girls

Today:

NCIS
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Season 1 of Skins (UK).

Season 3 of Archer.

The Inbetweeners Movie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Reds vs Phillies

This is what happens when I force myself to root for the Phillies. 5-0 Reds in the 8th. Moving over to the Cardinals/Brewers game.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Superman/Batman:Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:42 pm

BTW, WWE is in STL tonight for tomorrow's PPV. Mick Foley took batting practice tonight and the Bella Twins threw to some of the players. David Freese is critiquing Foley's swing right now on the pregame show. Tomorrow afternoon Chris Jericho throws out the first pitch.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Season 1 of Skins (UK).

The Inbetweeners Movie.

Two really good choices Skins goes downhill after the first two seasons but The
Inbetweeners is great fun.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
Season 1 of Skins (UK).

The Inbetweeners Movie.

Two really good choices Skins goes downhill after the first two seasons but The
Inbetweeners is great fun.

Skins, in my opinion, is good up until series 5. I personally like the first two groups, but the third completely lost me.

The Inbetweeners though, is as you said, just great fun. I love how damn awkward those dudes (and the situations they get into) are.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:04 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:59 am

Zero Dark Thirty
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:38 am

Django Unchained
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:49 am

Wurthless wrote:

I love how damn awkward those dudes (and the situations they get into) are.

That's not awkward, that's English!! lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:54 am

Saw one of Sylvester Stallone's earliest movies today, a flick called Rebel. The movie was originally called No Place To Run, and released in 1973 (even Imdb gets this wrong!). However the movie failed to make impact, so the director re-edited the film, and added some footage, and rereleased it in 1980 under the title Rebel.

It' s an unusual film for Sly, as he plays a terrorist torn between his mission with an underground political groups plans to blow up a NY building, and his newfound love of a young hippie girl. The movie is terribly slow, and doesn't even make much sense, even though the plot should be quite easy to follow. Absolutly one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next