Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Empty
PostSubject: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:13 am

God, its a hard life. These lads have a great sense of humour and you'd really need it to get through these tours. Some awesome Spinal Tap moments in this. Like when Gary Holt talks about jumping off the drum riser and goes straight through the floor.

Its a great watch - very funny, great sounds: get in the pizza and beers for it.

PS: The South American nutter at the end is a laugh riot. Wait till you see his head. Exodus describe him as the most metal guy they have ever met. Laughing very hard

Please watch it as I'd love to get feedback and know you got as much fun as I did out this film. It really is a must watch.

Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 pm

I was really hoping to get some more comments on this Vid. Its one of those moments you've watched a brilliant MOVIE and you can't wait to spread the word and to have others share your experience.

It really is that GOOD. Some of the moments are so funny - its more Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap. The lead singer is moaning about Gary Holts lyrics as he writes chapters basically - and there is this part where the singer can't stay in time with the lyrics, and Gary is yelling at him, and he's relaying this - it an absolute panic. There are so many moments like that in it, and the utter slog of doing these tours in a shitty little tour bus. Its fun.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Is this the documentary from the Shovel Headed Tour Machine DVD?

I really liked that one. It was really funny, and a good look at one of my favourite bands.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:08 am

Does Gary Holt go off on any political or anti-Christian rants? Those are the two main reasons (much more the latter than than the former) I avoid post Force Of Habit Exodus.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Does Gary Holt go off on any political or anti-Christian rants? Those are the two main reasons (much more the latter than than the former) I avoid post Force Of Habit Exodus.

No, he doesn't say anything anti-Christian -- its just a funny look at a couple of tours they did. Those South American fans are absolute nutters - I'm too old for moshing, but I'd be terrified getting into a mosh pit in South America. These guys are complete maniacs. I've never seen such dedicated fans. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

No, he doesn't say anything anti-Christian -- its just a funny look at a couple of tours they did. Those South American fans are absolute nutters - I'm too old for moshing, but I'd be terrified getting into a mosh pit in South America. These guys are complete maniacs. I've never seen such dedicated fans. Brilliant.

All right, cool. I'll try to check it out later.

I'd be terrified to get into any mosh pit. My first concert was Fear Factory/Maiden and I was in the front middle of the stage until a group of 250 lb gorillas came moshing towards me (for Fear Factory obviously), forcing me to the left of the stage. At the time I was about 145-150 lbs. and while I'm closer to 200 now (I am still a smaller guy as most of my weight is fat and I stand at about 5'8") I will never allow myself to be in a mosh pit.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.    EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXODUS DOCUMENTARY - so u want to be in a metal band, check this out.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: