Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attention Annihilator fans

Go down 
+6
ghost
Thrasher73
Invader
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Smindas
10 posters

What is your favorite Annihilator studio LP?
Alice In Hell
Attention Annihilator fans Vote_lcap37%Attention Annihilator fans Vote_rcap
 37% [ 7 ]
Never, Neverland
Attention Annihilator fans Vote_lcap32%Attention Annihilator fans Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
Set The World On Fire
Attention Annihilator fans Vote_lcap5%Attention Annihilator fans Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
King of the Kill
Attention Annihilator fans Vote_lcap0%Attention Annihilator fans Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Refresh The Demon
 5% [ 1 ]
Remains
 0% [ 0 ]
Criteria of a Black Widow
 0% [ 0 ]
Carnival Diablos
Attention Annihilator fans Vote_lcap16%Attention Annihilator fans Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Waking The Fury
 0% [ 0 ]
All For You
 0% [ 0 ]
Schizo Deluxe
 0% [ 0 ]
Metal
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

Attention Annihilator fans Empty
PostSubject: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:08 pm

Another one of my top 10 favorite bands is Annihilator. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are one of the few bands (a relative term) that have stuck to their guns (for the most part) for over 20 years.

What is your favorite studio LP of theirs? Mine was always Never Neverland (my 1st Annihilator album) until I heard Refresh The Demon. While I like Coburn Pharr's vocals better on Never Neverland, the music on Refresh The Demon cannot be beat. Criteria of a Black Widow is a close number 3 for me.

Regardless, you must agree that Jeff Waters is one of the most talented guitarists ever in the genre.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:12 pm

I'm quite the fan of Never, Neverland. And yes, Jeff is ridiculously talented at guitar.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Love this band (up until Dave Padden joined anyway)... I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for CARNIVAL DIABLOS. Fantastic CD!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love this band (up until Dave Padden joined anyway)... I'm gonna go against the grain and vote for CARNIVAL DIABLOS. Fantastic CD!

Joe Comeau was Annihilator's best vocalist hands down. I love Carnival as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Joe Comeau was Annihilator's best vocalist hands down. I love Carnival as well.

I'm very curious to see what Tad Morose will sound like with Joe C. at the mic.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

If you are going against the grain, then I am going with you as I also voted for Carnival Diablos. Love most of their catalog though, save for perhaps "Remains", which just never really clicked with me.

ult
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Alice In Hell, one of the best albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

If you are going against the grain, then I am going with you as I also voted for Carnival Diablos. Love most of their catalog though, save for perhaps "Remains", which just never really clicked with me.

ult

Wow, a lotta love for Joe Comeau up in this piece, haha! CARNIVAL was actually the first Annihilator CD I ever bought. I was curious to hear Joe Comeau as a vocalist (I was already well familiar with his guitar skills in Overkill), I immediately smacked myself and said "Why have I been ignoring this band for the past decade-plus?" and collected the rest of the Annihilator catalog as fast as I could. Smile

REMAINS is a weird one for sure. There are a few tracks on that one I enjoy, but I have to be in the right mood for'em. It kinda reminds me of Shotgun Messiah's VIOLENT NEW BREED album, which also mixed metal and industrial (but REMAINS isn't nearly as good as V.N.B.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:25 pm

I own Remains, but have yet to make it past track 1. I suppose during a respite from buying new music (or my wife divorcing me for said actions) I will take it back out and check it out. But as for now, it exists only to complete a collection.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:27 pm

I went with Never,Neverland.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:34 pm

I voted for Alice in Hell
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:59 pm

"NeverNeverland"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:14 pm

"Alice In Hell" #1 .Randy Rampage is the man.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:16 pm

Alice In Hell for me.

I'm with ult, though. I enjoy almost their entire catalogue.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:44 pm

These guys were a late discovery for me and as I've stated in a previous post, as much as I've tried, nothing really clicks for me with these guys. Jeff's a talent, no doubt, but I think it's the rotation of lead singers that puts me off. There is no consistancy between albums, vocal wise. I own 6 of their releases, but I can't think of one that I reach for when I want to hear some Annihilator. There are particular songs that I like from each album, but no album as a whole. I guess I could make up a pretty decent compilation cd from what I own and ditch the rest.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:28 pm

Never, Neverland is the best! And for the record Remains had one good song - "Reaction"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Annihilator fans   Attention Annihilator fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention Annihilator fans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: