Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Required Fields
SpectreFate
manny
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Some of you know that I'm the leader of my son's Cub Scout den. They're almost at first-year Webelos rank at the moment, and I just registered them for a two-night weekend camp out at the end of April....at Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco in Blairstown, NJ.

If you know horror flicks, then you probably know that No-Be-Bo-Sco is the camp where they filmed the original "Friday the 13th" movie.

I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! 220px-Friday_the_thirteenth_movie_poster

Holy crap!! I'm going to CAMP Freakin' CRYSTAL LAKE!!!

...I already told my assistant den leader that I'm going to be totally useless for the entire weekend, cuz I'm going to be too busy geeking out. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Say hi to Jason's mother for us.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm

S.D. wrote:

Laughing very hard I totally wanna tell the kids about the legend of Jason while we sit around the camp fire....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Dude take plenty of pics but leave your hockey mask at home
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

That's great. Smile I always wondered if that little town in the beginning of Part 1 was in your neck o' the woods..........
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

manny wrote:

Laughing very hard I actually used to have a cheap, Halloween store hockey mask (it even glowed in the dark)... not sure what I did with that thing. Hmmm...

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Laughing very hard I actually used to have a cheap, Halloween store hockey mask (it even glowed in the dark)... not sure what I did with that thing. Hmmm...

I am sure your wife hid it from you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
That's great. Smile I always wondered if that little town in the beginning of Part 1 was in your neck o' the woods..........

Blairstown (and the town of Hope, which is nearby and also appears in some scenes of the movie) is about an hour's drive from me. If you get on Route 80 goin' West towards Pennsylvania, they're one of the last exits in Jersey before you hit the Delaware Water Gap.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28368

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:13 pm

S.D. wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Jason's mother won't show up and neither will Jason. It's a bunch of guys. Everybody knows that camp serial killers only show up when there are also a bunch of nubile young women on the premises.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Jason's mother won't show up and neither will Jason. It's a bunch of guys. Everybody knows that camp serial killers only show up when there are also a bunch of nubile young women on the premises.

This is true. And besides, even if Jason or Mrs. Voorhees did show up, they'd be facing dozens of eleven year old boys with access to archery equipment and BB Guns. I'd put my money on the Scouts. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 am

That's cool. Do you know if the camp actually acknowledges or plays up the Friday the 13th angle or do they pretend it never happened?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's cool. Do you know if the camp actually acknowledges or plays up the Friday the 13th angle or do they pretend it never happened?

From what I've heard they're kinda tired of talking about it after all these years, which I can understand. They must be like "Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is where they filmed the #$%@ing movie, can we move on now? It was over thirty years ago for cryin' out loud!"

If it were a privately owned campground instead of a Boy Scout faciliity, though, I bet they'd play the hell out of the connection. Imagine the possibilities for Halloween season "Haunted Camping" packages, complete with Jason and Mrs. Voorhees attacks in the middle of the night. They'd make a f*cking mint!!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If it were a privately owned campground instead of a Boy Scout faciliity, though, I bet they'd play the hell out of the connection. Imagine the possibilities for Halloween season "Haunted Camping" packages, complete with Jason and Mrs. Voorhees attacks in the middle of the night. They'd make a f*cking mint!!

That would be cool! I'd pay for that experience.

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 pm

I just drove by the American Horror Story house from Season 1 this morning (its on my way to work)...the house was also used in the Season 3 Halloween episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer as the fraternity house.

I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! DSCN2574

The house is located on Westchester Place near the intersection of Country Club drive in Hancock Park.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 pm

^^^ Way cool!

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 pm

That house is really flippin' cool!

ANd I know Keith your jazzed about the camping trip, did you not post a pick from a junk shop that had a sign from the movie that read Camp Crystal Lake?.???

Either way I am sure youll have a geeky great time and how will you not not go around doing the "chchchchchckakakaka" noise from the film...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:59 pm

martinsane wrote:
That house is really flippin' cool!

ANd I know Keith your jazzed about the camping trip, did you not post a pick from a junk shop that had a sign from the movie that read Camp Crystal Lake?.???

Either way I am sure youll have a geeky great time and how will you not not go around doing the "chchchchchckakakaka" noise from the film...
I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! 201269 I was trying to figure out a way to phonetically post that!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Quote :

Ooh yeah, that was a while ago. That was in a display of vintage Scout memorabilia at the local Boy Scout Council Center... it was the actual "Camp Crystal Lake" sign used in the movie.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 am

Very cool FF! Can't wait to see pictures of that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Very cool FF! Can't wait to see pictures of that.

There will be photos out the wazoo, rest assured.Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Have always regretted not making it out there when I lived back east and would make frequent trips through Jersey.

My brother lives in South Pasadena and is just around the corner from many of the Halloween locations. When visiting I take walks in the morning past the various locations and geek out with the Halloween soundtrack on the ipod.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 pm

My trip to No-Be-Bo-Sco is this weekend, and the weather report looks promising. No rain in the forecast and pleasant (not too hot, not too cold) temps. I'm stoked! Woohoo!

...never did get the chance to watch "Friday the 13th" again to prep for it, but hell, I've seen the movie so many damn times over the years that I'm sure I'll be able to pick out certain landmarks anyway...

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Lots of pictures please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!   I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Goin' To Camp Crystal Lake!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next