Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collecting sealed blank tapes.

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Collecting sealed blank tapes. Empty
PostSubject: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I was looking at random google image pics of metal cassette collections, for fun.

I stumbled upon some pics of a rather large, and current (2009) collection of sealed blank tapes. The dude collected them. Tons of different companies and tape lengths and packaging were represented.

This intrigued me, but it really seemed like the most useless thing to collect. I really assume he has no intention of recording anything onto them, so it's just nostalgia of course.

Whatever makes him happy, of course.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Talk about an exercise in futility. I think this may be what you are talking about....

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=327282

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Talk about an exercise in futility. I think this may be what you are talking about....

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=327282

Yep, there ya go. Somewhere in that thread, he says he plans to start using them to transfer his stuff (I can't really imagine what he is doing exactly--maybe re-dubbing old tapes for preservation). But he said he'd been collecting for a few years and spent $3,000 to $6,000 on them, and had over 800 unopened tapes.

That just defies...everything, to me.

Man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Everybody's gotta collect something, I guess. But geez, spending 3 to 6 grand on unopened blank cassettes? Must be nice to have that kinda money to piss away, huh??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm moving my stuff into my new music room and I found a few unopened blank tapes that will probably never get used.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm moving my stuff into my new music room and I found a few unopened blank tapes that will probably never get used.

Maybe some weird collector will buy them from you.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 pm

This guy has inspired me. I think I shall start collecting blank CD-Rs. They are more expensive than blank tapes were so imagine how much they will be worth in the future!
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:09 pm

3 to 6,000 on blanks!?! Should've just gone down to his local Salvation Army. I always see hundreds of them there. Along with the sealed VHS tapes.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:42 pm

i think i have some blank audio tapes somewhere - although not even approaching 6000 Smile

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:50 am

I've started my own tape collection.

Collecting sealed blank tapes. Industrial_duct_tape_cloth_tape_1

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Are you one of those "doomsday prepper" guys? I seem to remember seeing one of those guys on TV sayin' that the two most important things (after food and water) that you should stock up on are duct tape and ammunition.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Are you one of those "doomsday prepper" guys? I seem to remember seeing one of those guys on TV sayin' that the two most important things (after food and water) that you should stock up on are duct tape and ammunition.

Nah. Tha's crazy. I buy it for it's durability, strength and far superior ability over tinfoil to disrupt the government brain waves.

Collecting sealed blank tapes. Duct_Tape_Man23

PostSubject: Re: Collecting sealed blank tapes.   Collecting sealed blank tapes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting sealed blank tapes.
Page 1 of 1