Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming

Go down 
+23
exact33
CRIMSONMASK
Vexer6
bgsully
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
tohostudios
T-Roy
Addy
scottmitchell74
Boris2008
Wurthless
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
iamrockerfun
adrian
James B.
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

The trailer I saw for Kick Ass 2 in the theaters was very different then this one, it had much more emphasis on humor with no hint of any angst whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:56 am

Looks like hero David O. Russell is at it again to make movie of the year:

This looks incredible. And Amy Adams...Amy Freaking Adams...pause at 0:42 is all I gotta say.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:16 am

corplhicks wrote:
Looks like hero David O. Russell is at it again to make movie of the year:

This looks incredible. And Amy Adams...Amy Freaking Adams...pause at 0:42 is all I gotta say.
I like Adams, but David O Russell. oh wow is that guy crazy, he went ballistic on the set of Three Kings and it took George Clooney punching him to get him to quit being such a jerk, you'd think he would've learned a lesson, but nope he went back to being an asshole while filming I Heart Huckabees(one of the absolute worst films i've ever seen BTW)and it was captured on video, it's a primary example of how not to direct a film.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:32 am

I don't care how crazy he is, the dude makes some amazing movies. Really looking forward to that, plus with both Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence it won't be hard to look at.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:35 am

S.D. wrote:
I don't care how crazy he is, the dude makes some amazing movies.  Really looking forward to that, plus with both Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence it won't be hard to look at.
I agree, Three Kings was a great film and this film looks pretty impressive(I'm also holding out hope that one day he finishes that Jessica Biel film Nailed), but I absolutely despised I Heart Huckabees, it was just painfully unfunny and badly acted.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:27 am

Vexer6 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I don't care how crazy he is, the dude makes some amazing movies.  Really looking forward to that, plus with both Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence it won't be hard to look at.
I agree, Three Kings was a great film and this film looks pretty impressive(I'm also holding out hope that one day he finishes that Jessica Biel film Nailed), but I absolutely despised I Heart Huckabees, it was just painfully unfunny and badly acted.

Now this we can agree on. It took me three times to get through all of Huckabees. I am not a fan. However, Spanking the Monkey, Flirting with Disaster, Three Kings, and Silver Linings Playbook were winners. Haven't seen The Fighter yet.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:56 am

corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Now this we can agree on. It took me three times to get through all of Huckabees. I am not a fan. However, Spanking the Monkey, Flirting with Disaster, Three Kings, and Silver Linings Playbook were winners. Haven't seen The Fighter yet.
The Fighter was a pretty compelling drama with brilliant performances from both Wahlberg and Bale. I'd recommend you check it out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 am

That's a great trailer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 am

Quote :
Only the shark in the original Batman movie has impressed me. I've found all other movie sharks to be less than convincing.

"Quick, Robin! The shark repellent Bat-Spray!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:47 pm

After a summer filled with mostly brain-dead fare at the movies (with a few exceptions) I'm REALLY excited about the fall as the studios will start rolling out some more serious films and hopeful Oscar contenders.

Her - Directed by Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation)
Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Rooney Mara, Olivia Wilde, Amy Adams and the voice of Scarlett Johansson as "Her".  

Last edited by S.D. on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing We're The Millers, Elysium, Kick Ass 2, and Getaway this month.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Was glimpsing at a review of The Butler with Forest Whitaker playing, well, a White House butler spanning several presidencies. Movie looks fairly good, but that's not what brought me here. Check this out:

John Cusack as Richard Nixon
Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower
James Marsden as John F. Kennedy
Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan
Minka Kelly as Jackie Kennedy
Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson

...wut? That's some bizarre casting right there. Severus Snape as Reagan?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Was glimpsing at a review of The Butler with Forest Whitaker playing, well, a White House butler spanning several presidencies. Movie looks fairly good, but that's not what brought me here. Check this out:

Considering how the idiots in Hollywood view Reagan, I'm surprised it's not someone even more crotchety.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Considering how the idiots in Hollywood view Reagan, I'm surprised it's not someone even more crotchety.
What do you mean how they view him? Personally i'm not too fond of some of the policies he came up with that we're still feeling the effects to this day, but that's a discussion for another thread. Anyways The Butler looks blatant Oscar bait to me so I have little interest in seeing it.

I just saw Kick Ass 2 tonight and it was every bit as good as the first one, pretty hypocritical of Carrey to refuse to do press for the film though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:04 am

Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

What do you mean how they view him?  Personally i'm not too fond of some of the policies he came up with that we're still feeling the effects to this day, but that's a discussion for another thread.  Anyways The Butler looks blatant Oscar bait to me so I have little interest in seeing it.

I just saw Kick Ass 2 tonight and it was every bit as good as the first one, pretty hypocritical of Carrey to refuse to do press for the film though.
I think DB is just stating the obvious; most those who work in Hollywood are liberal and therefore have a general dislike for Reagan's handling of the nation at the time. It is true that not all liberals feel this way--Neil Young was an avid supporter of Reagan--but the vast majority conflict with his work, as you do. I personally am not fond of any politician's policies and despise both party's concrete idealism, but like you said, that's best for another thread--

(--that the mods won't let us have. sign )
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:11 am

corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

What do you mean how they view him?  Personally i'm not too fond of some of the policies he came up with that we're still feeling the effects to this day, but that's a discussion for another thread.  Anyways The Butler looks blatant Oscar bait to me so I have little interest in seeing it.

I think DB is just stating the obvious; most those who work in Hollywood are liberal and therefore have a general dislike for Reagan's handling of the nation at the time. It is true that not all liberals feel this way--Neil Young was an avid supporter of Reagan--but the vast majority conflict with his work, as you do. I personally am not fond of any politician's policies and despise both party's concrete idealism, but like you said, that's best for another thread--

There are plenty of conservatives in Hollywood as well though, and there are some Hollywood liberals that i'm not particularly fond of like Jim Carrey and Sean Penn.

Anyways next week i'm planning on finally getting around to seeing The Wolverine and maybe Elysium as well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:24 am

Vexer6 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

There are plenty of conservatives in Hollywood as well though, and there are some Hollywood liberals that i'm not particularly fond of like Jim Carrey and Sean Penn.
You're absolutely right, it's just the ratio weighs more to the left, and even these tend to be outspoken.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Back to The Butler, it looks like I was right about the bizarre casting choices. The movie is getting positive reviews but heavily criticized for the miscasting. The worst is John Cusack as Nixon. He's getting a lot of flak for this, and I can understand why, but I certainly wouldn't say it's his fault.

The movie itself looks very Forrest Gump. Doesn't matter to me since I probably won't see it, but wish I was a fly on the wall when casting decisions were made. It's like they picked blind from a hat full of SAG names.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Toho and I are probably the only two people here who would honestly be interested in this, but I'm posting it just cuz I love the artwork Laughing very hard

From Charles Band's legendary Full Moon Pictures... Halloween 2013
2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Gingerdead-man-vs-evil-bong

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Toho and I are probably the only two people here who would honestly be interested in this, but I'm posting it just cuz I love the artwork Laughing very hard

From Charles Band's legendary Full Moon Pictures... Halloween 2013
2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Gingerdead-man-vs-evil-bong
Laughing very hard   And that artwork pretty accurately depicts what the titular characters look like in the movies.  I can guarantee this will make "Sharknado" look like Oscar material.  lol!

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:22 pm

WHAT THE F*ck.

Band used to put out some crazy movies that were pretty cool but this...?!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:43 pm

......I wish I had that on a shirt..a poster.....a box of business cards..something..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

corplhicks wrote:
WHAT THE F*ck.

Yeah, unless you are a connoisseur of crap like Freddy and me stay far, far, FAR away from Charles Band movies these days. His newer releases make Puppetmaster look like Jurassic Park FX-wise.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
WHAT THE F*ck.

Yeah, unless you are a connoisseur of crap like Freddy and me stay far, far, FAR away from Charles Band movies these days.  His newer releases make Puppetmaster look like Jurassic Park FX-wise.
I think that's it. The older 'crap' is what I go for. Newer b-movies don't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
WHAT THE F*ck.

Yeah, unless you are a connoisseur of crap like Freddy and me stay far, far, FAR away from Charles Band movies these days.  His newer releases make Puppetmaster look like Jurassic Park FX-wise.
I think that's it. The older 'crap' is what I go for. Newer b-movies don't do it for me.
Trust me, Band isn't even trying anymore. He's got a niche audience like Freddy and me and that's who he's aiming his movies at.

PostSubject: Re: 2013 at the movies - what is upcoming   2013 at the movies - what is upcoming - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 at the movies - what is upcoming
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next