Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
David Panzer
Witchfinder
EvyMetal
CRIMSONMASK
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
springozzy
Boris2008
ShadowAngel
Sutekh
kmorg
Ricky
jstate
Wurthless
SpectreFate
nevermore
DallasBlack
Required Fields
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
thejokeriv
manny
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Hollywoodland

Just got this one from the library a day or two ago, probably going to get to it sometime this weekend.

Its a great movie, and the ending leaves it open ended
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Jack The Giant Slayer

I am getting burned out on computer graphics

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm

James B. wrote:
Jack The Giant Slayer

When there is a good story and a reason for CGI I don't mind it. A movie like Avengers is a good example, the dialogue is well-written, the actors are good and the film is entertaining even when no action is happening.

But too many films these days ignore the writing and acting and put all the emphasis on the CGI, to the point where you might as well just play a video game instead.

That's why I focus most of my attention on independent films these days.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
James B. wrote:
Jack The Giant Slayer

When there is a good story and a reason for CGI I don't mind it. A movie like Avengers is a good example, the dialogue is well-written, the actors are good and the film is entertaining even when no action is happening.

But too many films these days ignore the writing and acting and put all the emphasis on the CGI, to the point where you might as well just play a video game instead.

That's why I focus most of my attention on independent films these days.

I have to agree with you, if the story is great I don't even notice the CGI too much, or at least distract me from the movie, but most movies relies on CGI on not enough on telling a good story
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Some NCAA basketball.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Lockup: San Antonio
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 pm

NCAA conference tournaments. All day. Tomorrow too.

Just so I can watch my brackets blow up by next weekend.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:48 pm

"Wreck-It Ralph" (2012)

Disney's latest smash hit is kinda like a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the video-game generation. The villain of a vintage '80s arcade game is tired of being the bad guy so he goes "game jumping" hoping to find a way to be the hero for a change. When he gets stuck in a racing game called "Sugar Rush" (imagine a Strawberry Shortcake version of Mario Kart) he befriends a fellow misfit and helps save the day when some giant angry alien bugs crash the party, too.

My kids and I all loved "Wreck It Ralph," it was beautifully animated, packed with action, funny as hell and had a warm heart. If you've ever played video games, you need to see this movie, it's a blast!

Watch for the cameos by tons of vintage game characters including Q-Bert, DigDug, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and many more!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 12:31 am

Total Recall

Although it had two nice lookin Betty's in it (Kate and Jessica) A very, very predictable story line, to say the least.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am

James B. wrote:
Total Recall

Although it had two nice lookin Betty's in it (Kate and Jessica) A very, very predictable story line, to say the least.

Two attempts by Hollywood and still nobody has done justice to the original Phillip K. Dick story.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:42 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Life-of-pi-poster-full1
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 am

Pit Boss
AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Wreck-It Ralph" (2012)

Disney's latest smash hit is kinda like a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for the video-game generation. The villain of a vintage '80s arcade game is tired of being the bad guy so he goes "game jumping" hoping to find a way to be the hero for a change. When he gets stuck in a racing game called "Sugar Rush" (imagine a Strawberry Shortcake version of Mario Kart) he befriends a fellow misfit and helps save the day when some giant angry alien bugs crash the party, too.

My kids and I all loved "Wreck It Ralph," it was beautifully animated, packed with action, funny as hell and had a warm heart. If you've ever played video games, you need to see this movie, it's a blast!

Watch for the cameos by tons of vintage game characters including Q-Bert, DigDug, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and many more!

Last night's viewing at the Joker residence also
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 am

"DAY OF THE DEAD" (2008)

Been home sick watching zombie movies this weekend. Last night I've finally got around to 2008's
"remake" of Day Of The Dead. First off, this is NOT a remake in any fashion. The only
similarity between this movie and the original Romero classic is a character named "Bud" that
becomes a sort of intelligent zombie. That's it. If you disassociate this movie from the original, it isn't half bad.
The zombies are runners which isn't my favorite type of zombie, but the makeup and SFX work for me. The best part of the movie for me is Mena Suvari. I think she's cute as a button and she actually played her
part well. The biggest downfall is Nick Cannon. He plays the token young black man with a
mouth like Richard Pryor and the attitude of a hip-hop artist. Completely worthless. All in all
not a bad movie when not associated with its namesake.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:40 pm

'Sunshine Cleaning"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:43 pm

manny wrote:
'Sunshine Cleaning"

LOVE that movie!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Clue

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39176

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Pens vs Bruins game
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:15 pm

A10 Tournament Championship game. Bils win!!!! (I can't stand VCU)

Look out for SLU in the tourney; it'll be interesting to see where they're seeded now that they've won their conference championship AND their conference tourney (not to mention beating Butler 3 times and VCU twice in the process).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Once Upon A Time
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:43 am

Incredible Hulk
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 am

"Moon" (2009)

Quirky "2001"-esque sci-fi story of a lonely corporate corporate drone (Sam Rockwell), stationed at a solitary lunar mining station. His three-year "hitch" is almost up and he can't wait to get back home to Earth, but when his replacement suddenly arrives, it opens up a mystery that I can't really reveal without spoiling the whole thing. Props to Rockwell, who carries the bulk of the film as a solo performer (and also to Kevin Spacey, who provides the voice of the HAL 9000 style computer). Offbeat and interesting. Useless trivia, the director (Duncan Jones) is David Bowie's son.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Moon" (2009)

Quirky "2001"-esque sci-fi story of a lonely corporate corporate drone (Sam Rockwell), stationed at a solitary lunar mining station. His three-year "hitch" is almost up and he can't wait to get back home to Earth, but when his replacement suddenly arrives, it opens up a mystery that I can't really reveal without spoiling the whole thing. Props to Rockwell, who carries the bulk of the film as a solo performer (and also to Kevin Spacey, who provides the voice of the HAL 9000 style computer). Offbeat and interesting. Useless trivia, the director (Duncan Jones) is David Bowie's son.
I really enjoyed that one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39176

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Moon" (2009)

I really enjoyed that one.

Same here. A rare thing nowadays, an actual out and out science fiction flick without all the flash and bang.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 HVOzo

At the bargain theater. Usually only got to late Sunday night showings but 7:45 was the latest showing. Too many damn people. I had three giggling teenage girls sitting behind me, one person whose cell phone rang (at top volume) about five times, and a mentally retarded kid (about 12 years old) who kept clapping and yelling. I don't blame the kid, he can't help it, but his parents were totally irresponsible. When they tell you to take unruly children out of the theater, it applies to the mentally handicap as well. I'd love to be rich and just watch DVDs on a super large screen and expensive stero system, I can't stand watching movies with the public.

I was still able to enjoy the movie despite these distractions, but it took a lot of consentration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next