Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EX Christian here

Go down 
+13
kmorg
nevermore
GrandNational
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
manny
bassman
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
exact33
tohostudios
James B.
Zze
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

EX Christian here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 am

Troublezone wrote:
A lot of bands made their careers from either proclaiming or bashing Christianity. From Slayer to Stryper... Whether for it or against it... Religion is a big topic in metal.

#like#

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:58 am

I think the posts after his initial one were cival and am surprised he bailed. His opinion of religions to me is just like how alot on this board like one band and others don't. Just mere opinion.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 am

James B. wrote:
I think the posts after his initial one were cival and am surprised he bailed. His opinion of religions to me is just like how alot on this board like one band and others don't. Just mere opinion.

i am amused at the 'because others think Stryper is no longer Christian because of the Covers I am dumping my whole religious belief thing'. We have argued over and over and over about whether Metallica is really still metal but I don't see people going country because of it. I didnt see people running to classical music because Amorphis dumped cookie monster. Like James said, music is wide open to opinion and if you cannot take others opinions than maybe the whole internet thing isnt for you.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
A lot of bands made their careers from either proclaiming or bashing Christianity. From Slayer to Stryper... Whether for it or against it... Religion is a big topic in metal.

True but I know for one if I were to go to a metal/music forum I wouldnt have posted what ZZe posted I would have um introduced myself and go into the music I like. Now if I wanted to go start something I would have posted what ZZe posted thats just me

I think it was James B who said it best
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

To say that "Christians are too closed minded and conservative to use rock" is a totally elitist statement.

And it's wrong. Here in Germany we had several priests who are active in rock bands. I remember an article in Rock Hard Magazine about a priest who plays lead guitar in a metal band and even played Highway to Hell.

Overall, in my opinion, Religion is the worst invention humanity ever made and why people in the 21st Century still believe in fairy tales is beyond me. When you believe God exists, Duke Nukem, Donald Duck and Sonic the Hedgehog may exist too. It's all crap to me used to keep people dumb (earth is flat and the center of the universe!) and to make money (look at the vatican) but if someone wants to believe in god or the bible, he has all rights to believe in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Thanks for sticking up for us and slamming us at the same time. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 am

ShadowAngel wrote:

Overall, in my opinion, Religion is the worst invention humanity ever made and why people in the 21st Century still believe in fairy tales is beyond me. When you believe God exists, Duke Nukem, Donald Duck and Sonic the Hedgehog may exist too. It's all crap to me used to keep people dumb (earth is flat and the center of the universe!) and to make money (look at the vatican) but if someone wants to believe in god or the bible, he has all rights to believe in it.

i would imagine the 100 million or so killed by the atheist purgings of Stalin and Mao, in the attempt to establish a religion-free utopia, would take a different position.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:59 am

Yay! It's the CMR II - Retarded Boogaloo!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:05 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

headbanger

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

EX Christian here - Page 2 Folder

Dude, Ozone's moves were WAY fresher than Boogaloo Shrimp's Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Yo, K...you be illin', aiiiiight?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Yo, K...you be illin', aiiiiight?

Word is bond!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Word is bond!

surprised

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EX Christian here   EX Christian here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EX Christian here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2