Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*Favorite Films of 2012*

Go down 
+14
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
adrian
iamrockerfun
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Wurthless
jettafiend
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
Fat Freddy
James B.
SpectreFate
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

*Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 pm

1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Smurf the film critics. This movie is incredible)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man
3. Skyfall
4. The Avengers
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Prometheus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Edited my list to add the wonderful "Liberal Arts", one of the best drama/comedies of the year.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Prometheus
Expendables 2
Total Recall 2
The Words
Taken 2
Sinister
Grave Encounters
Chronicle
Avengers
American Pie Reunion
John Carter
Intouchables
Underworld 4
Contraband
Devil Inside
Safe House
ROCK OF AGES
LAWLESS
HEADHUNTERS
Haywire

newly added: Jack Reacher
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 am

Finally got around to seeing "Skyfall" and loved it! Added it to my list.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:58 pm

My favorites:
Prometheus
Amazing Spiderman
The Hobbit
Skyfall

Also enjoyed:
Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm

No one mentioned Cloud Atlas? Argo and Ted are also pretty good, and obviously Expendables.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 pm

The Hobbit
Looper
The Dark Knight Rises
Wreck It Ralph
Madagascar 3
Ice Age 4
The Avengers
Prometheus
Hotel Transilvania
Expendibles 2
Men In Black 3
Pirates! Band Of Misfits
Brave
The Watch

There are others I enjoyed but those were the ones I will watch over again for years to come. I'm relatively easy to please when it comes to movies but there is one I just didn't like and that was Total Recall.

There are several I still need to see, but most have not reached the bargain cinema yet.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm

I need to pick up that Ice Age 4; I have the first 3. And where is Skrat's first starring movie? That thing has been rumored for years.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I need to pick up that Ice Age 4; I have the first 3. And where is Skrat's first starring movie? That thing has been rumored for years.

Not sure, but it should be the next one as I think the series is coming to an end. I doubt they will come out with Ice Age 5: The Extinction. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

In a very rough order (the first six could be put in just about any order):

Avengers
Secret World of Arriety
Wreck-It Ralph
Looper
Skyfall
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Dark Knight Rises
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 pm

I need to add the wonderful "Hitchcock" to my best-of list for 2012. Anthony Hopkins BECAME Hitchcock, just an amazing performance. Casting Helen Mirren as Alma was another stroke of genius. Great movie!

*Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Hitchcock_film_poster
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
I need to add the wonderful "Hitchcock" to my best-of list for 2012. Anthony Hopkins BECAME Hitchcock, just an amazing performance. Casting Helen Mirren as Alma was another stroke of genius. Great movie!

*Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Hitchcock_film_poster

I have that one downloaded. Can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 am

Have to go back and add "Argo" to the very top of my "best of 2012" list. Brilliantly entertaining dramatization of how the CIA snuck 6 Americans out of Iran during the hostage crisis...by using the cover story of doing location scouting for a sci-fi film called "Argo". Ben Affleck's assured direction effortlessly captures the vibe of mid-70s thrillers like All The Presidents Men and Three Days Of The Condor, making a film that works both as historical drama and knuckle-biting suspense. He also assembled a dream cast of heavyweight character actors including Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston and many others. Impressive film.

*Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 51O1xxy2M6L._SX500_
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
Here is my list (in no particular order) of my favorite films in 2012.  

Best:

Argo
Silver Linings Playbook
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Safety Not Guaranteed
Liberal Arts
Ruby Sparks
Skyfall
Django Unchained
Hitchcock
The Cabin In The Woods
Looper
Moonrise Kingdom
Salmon Fishing In The Yemen
End Of Watch
The Avengers
Ted
Haywire
The Five-Year Engagement
Your Sister's Sister
People Like Us
On The Road
The Dark Knight Rises
Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World
Pitch Perfect
This Is 40

Flawed but still enjoyable:
Prometheus
Deadfall
Butter
Snow White & The Huntsman
Dark Shadows
Damsels In Distress
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Campaign

Worst:
Resident Evil: Retribution
Lockout
The Apparition
Battleship
Wrath Of The Titans
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Still haven't seen Lincoln yet, but going to have to be in a very specific mood for that.  I also need to eventually watch Life of Pi.
I've been meaning to post my best of 2012 since February. S.D, you have great taste in movies. I will add a few different titles as a caveat to my list.

Brilliant

The Impossible
Argo
Silver Linings Playbook
People Like Us
Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Zero Dark Thirty
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The First Time
Life of PI
Salmon Fishing In the Yemen (I can't believe I forgot to add this one)
Liberal Arts
Ruby Sparks
Stuck In Love

Almost Brilliant

Now Is Good
Safety Not Guaranteed
Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding
The Hunger Games
Brake
Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Lincoln
Chasing Mavericks
End of Watch
Looper
50/50
Prometheus
Ted
Robot & Frank
Your Sister's Sister

Flight
Man On a Ledge
The Campaign
Deadfall
Skyfall
The Tall Man
Arbitrage
Total Recall
The Words
Why Stop Now
Five Year Engagement
Seeking a Friend For the End of the World
This Is 40
Trouble With the Curve
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Bourne Legacy
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer
Cheerful Weather for the Wedding

Average: Go to your local library to rent

The Lucky One
21 Jump Street
The Watch
Premium Rush
Girl In Progress
The Vow
Red Tails (Almost forgot this one....This is borderline don't bother. Great C.G.I., but terrible dialogue)
To Rome With Love

Awful: Don't bother

Playing For Keeps
Lockout
Gone
American Reunion
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Lay the Favorite (Absolutely the worst movie I've seen in a long time)

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Nice list, I need to go back and fill in some movies I've caught up with since.  

I did finally see "The First Time" and it would definitely make my best-of list, very honest take on a very familiar subject, expertly performed by the two young leads.

You should definitely check out Ruby Sparks, one of the most unique films I saw last year.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
Nice list, I need to go back and fill in some movies I've caught up with since.  

I did finally see "The First Time" and it would definitely make my best-of list, very honest take on a very familiar subject, expertly performed by the two young leads.

You should definitely check out Ruby Sparks, one of the most unique films I saw last year.
"The First Time" resonated with me, because it's one of the only films to capture those teen angst years in a very mature fashion. So much of what we've seen over the years, paints kids as total dolts. It was refreshing to see our youth captured in a different light. I found myself rooting for these two as a couple, which I can't say that I do with characters in most films. They were just that likable...

I will look for Ruby Sparks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

"The First Time" resonated with me, because it's one of the only films to capture those teen angst years in a very mature fashion. So much of what we've seen over the years, paints kids as total dolts. It was refreshing to see our youth captured in a different light. I found myself rooting for these two as a couple, which I can't say that I do with characters in most films. They were just that likable...

I felt very much that way about The Perks Of Being A Wallflower as well. It was nice to have a couple movies in the same year that well written and that respectful of their subjects, especially since all too often teenagers are portrayed as 2-dimensional stereotypes instead of 3-dimensional people.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 am

S.D. wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I felt very much that way about The Perks Of Being A Wallflower as well. It was nice to have a couple movies in the same year that well written and that respectful of their subjects, especially since all too often teenagers are portrayed as 2-dimensional stereotypes instead of 3-dimensional people.
Ditto on my feelings about this movie as well. I think the only thing that was driving me a little batty at first, was the fact that we the viewer never really were told the time period. I remember the music reflecting anywhere from the early 70's to that of the mid 90's (I don't remember kids ever having that much of an eclectic music taste while I was growing up), but nothing regarding the vehicles, home decor, fashion or dialogue used between the characters allowed me to pinpoint the time period. It was as if all those things were an amalgamation from their various decades, and it was the director's way of saying all of these issues involving the movies central characters have been present within the walls of our schools for a very long time. Great ensemble, but I have to say Ezra Miller stole the show.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:22 pm

From the films I've seen:

Best:

Les Miserables
Prometheus
Argo
Looper
The Cabin In The Woods
Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Snow White And The Huntsman (I really was won over by this one overall despite the awful CGI forest)

Ted
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hunger Games
The Hobbit (first half)

Worst:

Cloud Atlas
The Hobbit (second half)
The Devil Inside
The Dictator
Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (this could have been good)
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
From the films I've seen:

Best:
Snow White And The Huntsman (I really was won over by this one overall despite the awful CGI forest
Would someone be able to enjoy this if they can't stand Kristen Stewart?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:46 pm

There was that hurdle too, but I thought it just went without saying. lol! A lot of scenes she had were very good though, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
There was that hurdle too, but I thought it just went without saying. lol! A lot of scenes she had were very good though, to be fair.
I loathe Kristen Stewart, Liv Tyler, & Anna Faris. If I see them on the cover of anything, it immediately makes me set the movie back down.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:08 pm

That's Stewart, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore for me...lol! 

If you want me to see the movie right away, Jennifer Connelly, Julianne Moore, possibly Anne Hathaway.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
That's Stewart, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore for me...lol! 

If you want me to see the movie right away, Jennifer Connelly, Julianne Moore, possibly Anne Hathaway.
Interesting regarding Jennifer Aniston. Though I never watched "Friends", I seem to enjoy her in movies. I liked her in "Picture Perfect", "Office Space", "Along Came Polly", "The Break-Up", "The Switch", "Just Go With It", "Horrible Bosses", "Derailed", and she was fine in "Rock Star" & "Bruce Almighty". The only movie I didn't like with her, but I think that had more to do with the movie, was "The Bounty Hunter", which was bad...

I totally get the Drew Barrymore thing. I did really like her in, "E.T" (obviously she was a little kid),"The Wedding Singer", "Donnie Darko", & "Going the Distance", but I get what you mean. She's not the most versatile of actresses, and she's been in plenty of bombs. My brother can't stand her!

I like Jennifer Connelly, Julianne Moore, and have discovered that I was very wrong about Anne Hathaway. In Anne Hathaway's defense, I think I didn't like her as this supposed sex symbol (which is totally unfair & has nothing to do with her acting). Not only have I taken a 180 degree turn on her looks, but I find her to be an accomplished actress. I just watched a movie with her and Jake Gyllenhaal last night, called "Love & Other Drugs". I really enjoyed it... I loved her in the movie "One Day", which I saw a few months back, and of course she was great as the Cat Woman in the latest Batman installment.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm

I would gladly look at Jennifer Aniston all day long but her movie career has been hit-and-miss...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Favorite Films of 2012*
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next