Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!

Go down 
+3
nevermore
tohostudios
Chrome Locust
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Empty
PostSubject: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I feel ill, just got an invite to see Thin Lizzy in Dublin; the drummers son is a mate of mine. I can't make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Picking up the wife at the airport . Back stage, the lot - I feel ill thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Ouch, that sucks. How about hiring a limo service to pick your wife up?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 pm

I would feel ill about it too!!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ouch, that sucks. How about hiring a limo service to pick your wife up?

she arrives at 11.pm -- oh God, I want 2 puke. I'm very close mates with the drummers son, and he lays this on me about 5 mins ago.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 pm

TWho wants 2 kick me in the balls first. I'm dying here,
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

I'd still look into hiring a service to pick her up.

You know, some guy in a fancy suit standing at the airport with a sign that says "Mrs. Chrome Locust" who then whisks her away into a limo to take her home.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 am

tell her to take a taxi like a grown up Razz Laughing

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Can't you get one of your other mates to do you a favor and pick her up. It's Thin Lizzy. I'm always taking/picking up people at the airport just so when such an occasion comes I can be ready to call in the favor. It's Thin Lizzy.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm

jstate wrote:
Can't you get one of your other mates to do you a favor and pick her up. It's Thin Lizzy. I'm always taking/picking up people at the airport just so when such an occasion comes I can be ready to call in the favor. It's Thin Lizzy.

I wouldent go without her - thats love, I guess.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:46 am

You are a better man than I.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 3:35 pm

jstate wrote:
You are a better man than I.

Not really, I just put myself in her shoes. Me hamming it up with Lizzy, and her thinking about all those groupies around the place. I'd hate it if the situation was reversed. I have reports that Lizzy are looking well good rehersal - could be a comeback for em.

Its not everyday u get an offer like that - considering the price of tickets nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:28 pm

I thought I just read recently that they had decided NOT to continue doing the Thin Lizzy thing for fear of backlash from people (like me) who believe Thin Lizzy couldn't/shouldn't exist without Phil Lynott.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
I thought I just read recently that they had decided NOT to continue doing the Thin Lizzy thing for fear of backlash from people (like me) who believe Thin Lizzy couldn't/shouldn't exist without Phil Lynott.

I believe they were not going to release any new music under the Lizzy name, but they'd still continue to play live. They supposedly have a whole albums worth of material but need to find a new name. I suggested "Scott Gorham's Thin Lizzy" but I yet to recieve a reply.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I believe they were not going to release any new music under the Lizzy name, but they'd still continue to play live. They supposedly have a whole albums worth of material but need to find a new name. I suggested "Scott Gorham's Thin Lizzy" but I yet to recieve a reply.

I'll ask my mate for you, he should know considering his dad is Brian Downey. But Brian Downey formed that band with Phill, so I wonder where the issue is? I know they had some problems in 1983, but as far as I know they gave the record company the required albums in their remaining contract.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Brian Downey is one of my favorite players and a huge influence on my playing style. (The others on the list are Tommy F'n Aldridge, Andy Parker, Alex Van Halen, Phil Ehart, Terry Bozzio, and John Bonham)

Tilt a Guiness with his boy for me and tell him to tell pops "thank you" from a grateful fan and fellow drummer.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

James B. wrote:
Brian Downey is one of my favorite players and a huge influence on my playing style. (The others on the list are Tommy F'n Aldridge, Andy Parker, Alex Van Halen, Phil Ehart, Terry Bozzio, and John Bonham)

Tilt a Guiness with his boy for me and tell him to tell pops "thank you" from a grateful fan and fellow drummer.

I will, mate, I promise. I don't know Brian myself, but I grew up beside Graham his son, and we've been mates a long time. We used to hate other, but Graham is a bassist, his younger brother is the drummer, and pretty awesome I might add. Takes after his old man. Graham lent me one of Lynotts bass guitars when we were kids and I lent him my Washburn bass. That's how we became mates - before that we used to glare at each other lol. Damn shame u r not over here, as Brian plays in a local band 'Talk To Strangers' and they do a weekly gig (or did) in a small pub in Dublin. You'd be able to meet him no sweat, and I know he'd let u bash on his kit. I've met him once or twice, but, I don't know him, but he'd answer all the questions for me. I'm an AC/DC fanatic, and he knows DC quite well and turned down the drum stool for the 91 tour that Slade got on the DC drum stool. He was sick of touring, and Lizzy pretty much burned themselves out TBH, and the fallout was tough. I think Brian needed a few years to recover from Lizzy, and playing with AC/DC on a world tour is not what the doctor would order.

Any questions u want to ask Brian about drums, shoot. I'll pass them on. I can't promise a quick reply but you will get a reply, put it that way. From what I've met of him, he has no rock star ego and would gladly answer any questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!   Kick yourself in the balls, thread.  I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kick yourself in the balls, thread. I just got invited to the Thin LIzzy show!
Page 1 of 1