Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Movie Trilogy

Go down 
+19
QuothTheRaven
DallasBlack
Addy
Leatherface
exact33
Joe
James B.
stepcousin
Sutekh
Lari
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
manny
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Your Favorite Trilogy
Star Wars
Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Indiana Jones
Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Back to the Future
Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
The Godfather
Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Other
Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:38 am

Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
The original "Star Wars" trilogy for me too. The "new" trilogy (i.e. Episodes I thru III) don't exist on Planet Freddy.

technically the new trilogy is 7,8,9 hehehe

Yeah, but they haven't started rolling on the new "new" trilogy yet. Very Happy

On a related note, it drives me insane when I hear people referring to the original three Star Wars films by their "Episode" numbers nowadays. I'm like "It's NOT 'Episode IV: A New Hope,' it's f**king STAR WARS dammit!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:52 am

Lari wrote:
Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 215px-Nakedguntrilogy

Dang! I forgot about those. They get an honorable mention. I never saw the sequels to LotR and The Matrix. Since I could barely get through the first installments on both, no way was I going to attempt the sequels.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
The original "Star Wars" trilogy for me too. The "new" trilogy (i.e. Episodes I thru III) don't exist on Planet Freddy.

On a related note, it drives me insane when I hear people referring to the original three Star Wars films by their "Episode" numbers nowadays. I'm like "It's NOT 'Episode IV: A New Hope,' it's f**king STAR WARS dammit!"

Exactly!!!!!!! The "prequel" can be called Episodes 1,2,3... The original will ALWAYS be Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi to me!

I "get" why Lucas changed the official titles.... much like Raiders Of The Lost Ark is now Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost ark - so all the movies are found on the same spot on the shelf of Best Buy...... but I don't agree with it and I will never refer to Raiders and Indy and.......
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Exactly!!!!!!! The "prequel" can be called Episodes 1,2,3... The original will ALWAYS be Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi to me!

I "get" why Lucas changed the official titles.... much like Raiders Of The Lost Ark is now Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost ark - so all the movies are found on the same spot on the shelf of Best Buy...... but I don't agree with it and I will never refer to Raiders and Indy and.......

This.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 pm

I went with Indiana Jones today. If I voted tomorrow, I might go Star Wars. I like the other two, but they wouldn't be in my top movies. Loved Lord Of The Rings as well, but I'm a bit of a fanboy when it comes to the books. I've read them two or three times and will probably read them two or three more times before I'm done. Very excited for the Hobbit to come out too!

Though not a trilogy, I enjoyed watching the Harry Potter series with my kids when they came out. My boys were the right age to want to see (and read) the entire series. I watched and read right along with them!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 pm

This gives me an idea for a new poll.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 pm

OK, new pool up, not limited to trilogies......

No back to the topics.....

Still feel strongly about the Star Wars trilogy....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25771

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Star Wars gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 am

Does the "Dollar trilogy" count? Sergio Leones masterpiece. Even though "A Handful of Dollars" was just a remake of Yojimbo, it was a great movie. The Sequel ("For a few Dollars more") was also great and it ended with "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".

It's one of those "I like it" trilogies where the second one is a weak point. Just like Rambo/First Blood (First Blood Pt.2 isn't that great in my oppinion) or Die Hard (Die Hard 2 is a weak rip-off of the first one, i know that Die Hard with a Vengeance was never planned to be a Die Hard movie but it was a lot more interesting)
With George Lucas it's "third movie isn't great" for me: Star Wars...awesome, but Return of the Jedi leaves a lot to be desired. Indiana Jones...awesome, but Last Crusade is too much slapstick and dumbed down characters (Sallah went comic character and Brody turned from educated historian to bumbling fool who gets lost in his own college and can suddenly only speak english...)
Same goes for Back to the Future, two awesome movies, followed by a lack-luster third movie

If Star Wars 4-7 counts i will throw in Star Trek 2-4, a great trilogy with Spock dying, his rebirth, the planet Genesis and the "Voyage Home" into 1980's LA. 2 and 4 are just awesome, 3 is great
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:14 am

James B. wrote:
Wonder how I forgot about Lord Of The Rings ?

That would of made my choice other, rather than The Godfather

yeah - i would have chosen it above Indiana Jones.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Back to the future..its the 80s in me Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 pm

The Godfather... hands down.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I love Back to the Future, Star Wars and while I dont consider Indiana Jones a trilogy I like them too, another one I dig is the Lord of the Rings, and the Matrix trilogy and I am sure when the 2nd and 3rd movies of the hunger games are done Ill like that one too

LotR is awesome!!!!! I wonder how The Hobbit trilogy (yes, they are making 3 mocies out of it) will stack up..... cant wait to see it! Loved the first Matrix, but the second and third where kind of a mess.... I liked them at first, but they just don't hold up to multiple viewings.

BTW - They are making 4 Hunger Games, as is now common place (thanks to Harry Potter, which worked but that book was almost 1000 pages) they are splitting the last book into two movies......

I thought they were only doing 2 for the Hobbit.... It looks really good I cant wait to see it.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 am

Quote :
BTW - They are making 4 Hunger Games, as is now common place (thanks to Harry Potter, which worked but that book was almost 1000 pages) they are splitting the last book into two movies......

Odd the last book wasnt any longer than the first 2, I was disappointed they omitted stuff out of the first book it would have given the movie a bit of a darker twist
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Addy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I love Back to the Future, Star Wars and while I dont consider Indiana Jones a trilogy I like them too, another one I dig is the Lord of the Rings, and the Matrix trilogy and I am sure when the 2nd and 3rd movies of the hunger games are done Ill like that one too

LotR is awesome!!!!! I wonder how The Hobbit trilogy (yes, they are making 3 mocies out of it) will stack up..... cant wait to see it! Loved the first Matrix, but the second and third where kind of a mess.... I liked them at first, but they just don't hold up to multiple viewings.

I thought they were only doing 2 for the Hobbit.... It looks really good I cant wait to see it.

I am stoked to see the hobbit. From all the previews, it looks awesome!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Movie Trilogy   Your Favorite Movie Trilogy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Movie Trilogy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: