Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Empty
PostSubject: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes, one of those bands that decided to play speed metal in the vein of Scanner and Mephisto - aka good music - just to fade into obscurity giving its place to all sorts of crappy power metal bands we know and can't get into today. But thats okay cause people never cared for pure speed metal anyway. Heavenward are re-releasing their debut "Within These Dreams" this December. Lonely review at metal archives points at Metal Church, besides already mentioned bands, as an influence rating the album as 82. "At that time Heavenward were compared by media and fans with bands like Queensryche, Helloween, Exxplorer and Blind Guardian" . Not sure about this, but the only downside of the LP I noticed is it's production, which hopefully will be fixed with reissue. Still the sound is far from being terrible. If such thing as progressive speed metal exists, this band is the closest you can get. Give them a try.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:45 pm

not bad. I like it.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 am

That was really cool! Must try to remember to order the reissue, when it comes out.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 am

Divebomb has some re-issues that are pretty cool too:

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 am

An okay band, although I'd take Scanner, Mania, and Chroming Rose any time of the day
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:52 am

stormspell wrote:
An okay band, although I'd take Scanner, Mania, and Chroming Rose any time of the day

Scanner can't be topped by anyone.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

Scanner can't be topped by anyone.

In my books there are plenty of German classic power/speed bands above SCANNER, like but not limited to: RUNNING WILD, STORMWITCH, BLIND GUARDIAN, RISK, HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.   Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavenward - Teutonic classic you never heard about.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: