Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Empty
PostSubject: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Sad, guy has a ton of skill. Although I'm looking forward to the project with Corpse Grinder.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Portnoy to the rescue Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm

James B. wrote:
Portnoy doing blast beats? Something like that could get pretty crazy, I don't think the world is ready for it!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Portnoy doing blast beats? Something like that could get pretty crazy, I don't think the world is ready for it!

IMHDO the "blast beat" has ruined drumming. Ya used to be able to play fast and have some "feel" to it, but this trend makes the playing too mechanical.

Don't get me wrong, the technical aspect of it takes alot of practice and ability.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:19 pm

James B. wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
James B. wrote:

IMHDO the "blast beat" has ruined drumming. Ya used to be able to play fast and have some "feel" to it, but this trend makes the playing too mechanical.

Don't get me wrong, the technical aspect of it takes alot of practice and ability.
I can kind of agree with you. While I love death metal, fast drumming, all that jazz. It seems that blast beats have come to be almost like a crutch, where a technical drumming area could be thrown in, it is instead filled with blast beats. It doesn't sound horrible, but its repetitive and extremely over used in modern death metal, not to mention almost like a hamper on creativity for a current generation of young musicians.

just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Hasn't this band kind of had a revolving door with drummers?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder   Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shannon Lucas steps down as drummer for The Black Dahlia Murder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: