Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got the new Overkill.

Go down 
+17
7thSecond
brontotex
DallasBlack
Chairman_Smith
criss3o
Wargod
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
Thrasher73
INVADERS
mc666
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
OK, new Overkill was officially released today. Who has it. What do you think?

Only given it two or three spins thus far but I'd say it may be their best since NECROSHINE

Wow i'm surprised you think it's better than Killbox 13.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:39 pm

troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
OK, new Overkill was officially released today. Who has it. What do you think?

Only given it two or three spins thus far but I'd say it may be their best since NECROSHINE

Wow i'm surprised you think it's better than Killbox 13.

Killbox 13 was good too, but NECROSHINE and FROM THE UNDERGROUND... are my favorites out of Overkill's more recent stuff. Hell, FROM THE UNDERGROUND is one of my favorite Overkill records from any era.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm really feeling this album, probably one of my favorites for a long time.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:05 am

I've got it. Though it's the first Over Kill album I've bought since I Hear Black I like it. I had kind of lost interest in this band for a while for some reason.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:39 am

7thSecond wrote:
I've got it. Though it's the first Over Kill album I've bought since I Hear Black I like it. I had kind of lost interest in this band for a while for some reason.

I used to have all albums from I Hear Black through Coverkill but eventually got rid of it when I became a Christian. I lost interest in thrash until earlier this year but so far the only Overkill album I've recovered is I Hear Black. Unfortunatly due to limited spending money and a want list a mile long it will be a while til I get around to getting ANY Overkill album. I tried to get Limewire so I could get some songs for the time being but my Windows Vista won't let me download it off the net. Oh well, it aint easy (or cheap) being a metal head.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:59 am

7thSecond wrote:
i've heard alot of people say they gave up on Overkill after that album or WFO, due to them falling into more of a groove metal thing. it's all good though.

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:03 am

I love the latter day albums.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 4:16 pm

Did any of you buy it from ebay.com? I was just searching on for it, but it seems that none of them come with a DVD from Wacken 2007 (possibly the best show I've witnessed! Smile )? Maybe the DVD come just in European version? Which is expensive as usual, and even a bit more this time (Usually new CDs cost 15 - 18 EUR)

http://cgi.ebay.de/Overkill-Immortalis-Limited-Edition-CD-DVD-2-DVD_W0QQitemZ130162997700QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1574QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:32 am

According to Blabbermouth, the "Live At Wacken 2007" DVD that was packaged with the German pressing of the IMMORTALIS CD is going to be released in the US as a stand-alone DVD in February '08.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
According to Blabbermouth, the "Live At Wacken 2007" DVD that was packaged with the German pressing of the IMMORTALIS CD is going to be released in the US as a stand-alone DVD in February '08.

Finally we get one over on those Germans! just kidding
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:26 pm

This CD is is smokin'! This is a great thrash album and I'm glad I picked it up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
This CD is is smokin'! This is a great thrash album and I'm glad I picked it up.

So Sick! seeing them in October at the Penny Arcade in Rochester, NY with Warbringer!Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Headbang
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:48 pm

HellofromtheGutter91 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

So Sick! seeing them in October at the Penny Arcade in Rochester, NY with Warbringer!Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Headbang

just noticed yesterday epicurean is touring w/ them (and warbringer) now, instead of toxic holocaust; haven't heard that band yet...
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Welcome Vanillaviking
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm

many thanks for the welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:32 pm

got it back when it first came out and listened too it over and over again. especially loved head on, I scare the crap outta my brothers every time blaze and I would yell togather,
"Running head on into the wall!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got the new Overkill.   Just got the new Overkill. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got the new Overkill.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: