Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
shamgar75
MetalH
kmorg
DallasBlack
Rex
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Empty
PostSubject: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Anyone heard this yet? Any good? Does Chaz still come around here?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm waiting on my copy to come in the mail

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:17 pm

I listened to most of at work on Spotify the other day. I couldn't give it my full attention since I was at work, but it seemed solid.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 pm

It's about time. I totally forgot about the thread from all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 am

I really like it! More soloing Smile

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm

The songs are really good, but the production is terrible. It's a hard listen all the way through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 pm

I took my time listening to this album over and over again.................and the verdict is I really like this album! I love Chaz's voice - it's in real good form here. It has some variety among the songs. Not going to do a proper review here but it is solid and worth the wait. Nice to have some solos on this album Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:37 pm

samples?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 pm

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=69181523&ac=now

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
samples?
The whole album is on Spotify.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 am

Rex wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
samples?
The whole album is on Spotify.

Any I love how there is another band(?) that plays techno/electronic(?) music named BioGenesis bunched in with the real BG. Maybe one day Spotify will get it right Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 am

I'm with Metalh, the production hurts it. Just like the last couple of Jacob's Dream albums they really need to fix this.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:15 am

First of all Id like to thank everyone for talking about this. Much to my shock and dissapointment, I have yet to find even "one" album review and its been out since August. I was hoping to see a little more interest than what Ive seen thus far.

As far as the production goes.....I dont really know what else to tell you guys other than the truth. The fact that this record even exists at all was a miricle from God. All of us are working husbands and fathers and we simply do not have the financial backing of a big label or any type of large empire. Therefore we simply do not have the money to pay a mega studio and or producer to make us sound like Killswitch Engage. We did the best we could with the little amount ofmoney we had and the little amount of producer skills as none of us are producers.

To be honest, I can definately say Ive heard worse. That being said, it kind of sadens me to a point that the tech side of things have become so huge that some of us cannot enjoy the songs for the sake of the songs. Sure Id love a huge production and if anyone has any ideas Im all ears for the next one. You put your heart and soul on those recordings and simply because of money some people will not get into it and that is hard for me to hear. Thanks again for all the comments and thank you all for the support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:01 am

The production isn't that bad. It's got a reverb-y sound, but it's decent enough.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 am

MetalChaz wrote:
First of all Id like to thank everyone for talking about this. Much to my shock and dissapointment, I have yet to find even "one" album review and its been out since August. I was hoping to see a little more interest than what Ive seen thus far.

As far as the production goes.....I dont really know what else to tell you guys other than the truth. The fact that this record even exists at all was a miricle from God. All of us are working husbands and fathers and we simply do not have the financial backing of a big label or any type of large empire. Therefore we simply do not have the money to pay a mega studio and or producer to make us sound like Killswitch Engage. We did the best we could with the little amount ofmoney we had and the little amount of producer skills as none of us are producers.

To be honest, I can definately say Ive heard worse. That being said, it kind of sadens me to a point that the tech side of things have become so huge that some of us cannot enjoy the songs for the sake of the songs. Sure Id love a huge production and if anyone has any ideas Im all ears for the next one. You put your heart and soul on those recordings and simply because of money some people will not get into it and that is hard for me to hear. Thanks again for all the comments and thank you all for the support.

I was one of the few that could get past the production of the last Jacob's Dream to thoroghly (sic) enjoy it. Production is just not something that bothers me like other people. I just found out about the album being out recently, if I hadn't been layed off, I would have ordered it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 am

We are already writing for a new Biorecord and will be hoping to find ways tomake it sound as good as possible.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 am

Use Pro Tools. I'm sure there's people out there that can do what Andy Sneap does for half the cost.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:04 am

Pro Tools is exactly what we recorded with as does JD.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 am

MetalChaz wrote:
Pro Tools is exactly what we recorded with as does JD.

I don't know who did the actual recording on the last album. Maybe you could bring in someone new to handle the production duties. Try asking Cliffy from the CMR for help or ideas.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 am

Good idea, Cliffy does a good job.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Haven't heard it. Does it seem like a good follow up to the 1st album? Chaz is a good singer, but that bassist is a DINKUS! I'll still fight that anal wart!

I'd like to hear it though.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 am

looks like we found a producer for the next album. Check out his work with a project i did with him..... www.reverbnation.com/letterstotheblind
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

My copy arrived. I'll be spinning it today! headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I don't think it's a production issue... but an issue of mastering.... or lack there of....

I've been spinning cursory the last week or so trying to get a feel for it so I can review it...

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 am

Ill take that. By the time it was all finnished we were way behind schedual and quite frankly out of money. Hopefully the next one will be another step forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next