Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Empty
PostSubject: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:30 am

This popped up in my email from Amazon as a recommendation, have any of you heard about this and your thoughts? I am not familiar with Gary Moore other than I know that he had a prolific solo career and was in Thin Lizzy for a short while. I have heard several artists mention him as an influence. Beyond that I am clueless. I love live DVD's so this might be good.

Blues for Jimi: Live in London [Blu-ray] (2012)

This unique concert was filmed at the London Hippodrome on October 25th 2007. It formed a part of the launch for the Jimi Hendrix Live At Monterey program and featured Gary Moore and his band performing classic Hendrix tracks. At the end of the night Gary was joined by Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox of the Jimi Hendrix Experience for 3 tracks. Gary Moore was one of the finest British guitarists of all time and is one of the few players who could pay homage to Jimi Hendrix's groundbreaking and truly distinctive guitar style. This is a stunning tribute from one master guitarist to another. / Line-up:
Gary Moore (guitar, vocals); Dave Bronze (bass); Darrin Mooney (drums) with Billy Cox (bass on tracks 9-11) and Mitch Mitchell (drums on tracks 9-11) / Track Listing:
1) Purple Haze 2) Manic Depression 3) Foxy Lady 4) The Wind Cries Mary 5) I Don t Live Today 6) My Angel 7) Angel Cool Fire 9) Red House 10) Stone Free 11) Hey Joe 12) Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 am

Very cool, I knew he had done this but I had no idea it had been filmed
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am

Pretty cool. If this gets a cd release, I'd probably get it. I like Gary's take on the blues moreso than his rock stylings. And I'm a sucker for a good covers album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pretty cool. If this gets a cd release, I'd probably get it. I like Gary's take on the blues moreso than his rock stylings. And I'm a sucker for a good covers album.

There is a CD only version as well. I think it is like $9 on Amazon right now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 am

jettafiend wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

There is a CD only version as well. I think it is like $9 on Amazon right now.

Neat-o! Looks like the dvd and cd both come out tomorrow (Sept. 25th). *BAM* On the want-list it goes.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 pm

They got it right too, he is one of the few who can pay homage and it works.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Sweet! I will check it out then. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?   Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gary Moore covers... Hendrix?!?
Page 1 of 1