Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Empty
PostSubject: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 pm

This came up on rotation for me the last couple days and I'm reminded of how awesome this album is. I don't need a lot of BM, but I am craving one or two more albums of top-knotch BM that's as close to The Forsaken as possible. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Most late Dimmu Borgir is like The Forsaken.

Maybe a little bit of Covenant

Maybe Apostasy?

The Forsaken was a very unique album in itself, so all I can really do is recommend good Melodic Black Metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:42 pm

get Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane, or Naglfar - Harvest. they're not christian releases, but i don't know of too many good christian black metal bands.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
i don't know of too many good christian black metal bands.
Sadly, they are all few and far between. And even then, most of them (even the bigger ones among the scene) hardly ever release any material, and some like Frosthardr haven't even released albums yet.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 7:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
get Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane, or Naglfar - Harvest. they're not christian releases, but i don't know of too many good christian black metal bands.

Been listening to Naglfar lately...that's a really good suggestion, MC666.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:21 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Been listening to Naglfar lately...that's a really good suggestion, MC666.

Yeah they're really melodic & moody. Yet they know how to craft some very catchy hooks.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken   Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Direct me to Black Metal like Antestor - The Forsaken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: