Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Starr's Land of the Dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Jack Starr's Land of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Jack Starr's Land of the Dead   Jack Starr's Land of the Dead Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Jack Starr is king, nay god of the term underrated. If the dictionary ever needed a graphical representation of the word underrated it would probably be Jack Starr shredding on guitar.

In any case, I recently picked up a copy of Jack Starr's Burning Starr latest album "Land of the Dead". This was a blind buy based solely on the album artwork which I thought was simply too awesome to pass up. I had hope the music would live up to the artwork design and it so damn well does that it is criminal how Jack Starr is not better known in the metal world.

Land of the Dead retains the traditional 80s power metal sound with slightly better production. The songs are epic and catchy, just what you would expect to hear of a classic metal band but it is the vocals that really won me over. Todd Michael Hall has one of the most unique voices in metal. He has been actively singing since the mid 80s but unfortunately never found the success or recognition he deserves.

Rather than describing his voice I would encourage everyone to check out the links below (which are all songs off Land of the Dead)

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Jack Starr's Land of the Dead   Jack Starr's Land of the Dead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:27 am

Very nice traditional album. While Manowar is releasing some mediocre "Battle Hymns" leftovers, I listen to Jack Starr. Melodic, epic, powerful and with the right amount of cheese. The only Jack Starr album which sucked was "Under a Savage Sky".
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Jack Starr's Land of the Dead   Jack Starr's Land of the Dead Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 am

I just got a big box of those babies for the distro. Will break one to listen to while working later today
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Jack Starr's Land of the Dead   Jack Starr's Land of the Dead Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 1:26 am

Will order this one tomorrow. Love the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Starr's Land of the Dead   Jack Starr's Land of the Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Starr's Land of the Dead
Page 1 of 1