Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar buying advice - what should I get?

Go down 
+11
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
Thrasher73
Troublezone
jettafiend
adrian
bassman
scottmitchell74
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Guitar buying advice - what should I get? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar buying advice - what should I get?   Guitar buying advice - what should I get? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

This is taking forever, but I have time. I've narrowed my choices down between:

Schecter:

C-1 series - really, any in my price range.

Or, a Schecter Devil Custom I've found at a pawn shop. I like it a lot. It feels good and I like how it responds, but it's used and the g string buzzes a lot. I'll have to learn how to set up and correct guitars if I'm going to go the used/pawn route.

Ibanez:

The RG and the Art series. I still have some things to think about, but I like the look, feel, and reputation of these two Ibanez lines.

It will come down to a price-is-right thing in the end.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Guitar buying advice - what should I get?   Guitar buying advice - what should I get? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

I would say something like the Jackson RX-10 D Randy Rhoads
I have an older Jackson Randy Rhoads (RR3) and even though it was a low budget (Still way better than the Yamaha Pacifica i had before) it does it's job.
The RX-10 should be about 300$ or maybe a bit more, not more than 350 at least and it's reliable.

As for Ibanez and Schecter: Try Schecter. They have a better build quality while Ibanez is...well, Ibanez, not that great in terms of quality for the lower priced guitars in my experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Guitar buying advice - what should I get?   Guitar buying advice - what should I get? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Scotty, we really liked the C-1 series as well. And infact we would of most likely ended up with one if that Solo Special lefty hadn't of popped up on ebay. If you think something's not right with that Devil, you might wanna steer clear...that's more money you may end up having to fork out to fix it.

Do you have a Guitar Center near you? They were absolutely wonderful to us at the Indy store, and they have a tech/service center and they fix any and everything. Maybe give them a call and tell them what you found and they'll probably tell you what it might be. They were very helpful to us even though we didn't buy there. We did get the amp there.

Ibanez makes great stuff too.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Guitar buying advice - what should I get?   Guitar buying advice - what should I get? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:01 pm

SURVEY SAYS!!!????? impatient
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar buying advice - what should I get?   Guitar buying advice - what should I get? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar buying advice - what should I get?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2