Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release

Go down 
+8
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
thejokeriv
kmorg
speed101
nevermore
BillRoxx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 am

Surprised I have not seen much posted about this! Mine came today as I pre-ordered and today was the official release date!

Maybe it did not get much hype because a bootleg has existed of this for quite a long time and I have had that bootleg!

This is a million and one times better then that! 5.1 surround sound, beautifully restored! A true piece of classic Ozzy history!

Any one else pick this up or excited as I was?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085KGGLY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000897DC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YTRJHTZZ0RPRN24G911
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:42 am

I haven't picked it up yet but hope to soon.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:04 pm

I might get it.Any bonus features?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Bump tp remind myself to pick this up!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 am

Got a copy this week - cool show! Ozzy sounded great (I have my suspicions that he re-did his vocals in the studio). Brad Gillis did a great job stepping into an impossible task - filling in for Randy Rhodes. On a related note, when I saw Scorpions last month Night Ranger was the opening act (they were great!) and they were helping Brad pimp the DVD by playing Crazy Train:

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:00 am

Speak Of The Devil is my favorite live album. I was kind of bummed there weren't more of the Sabbath tracks on the dvd
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:05 am

Quote :
Ozzy sounded great (I have my suspicions that he re-did his vocals in the studio).

That's the rumor. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 am

I have this one the way right now.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:21 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Speak Of The Devil is my favorite live album. I was kind of bummed there weren't more of the Sabbath tracks on the dvd

The DVD is a completely different show than the album, I believe.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

The DVD is a completely different show than the album, I believe.

Correct - the album is from a show in NYC and this one was shot in LA
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 am

got mine but havent had time to check it out yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 pm

When I saw the year of the show I was hoping it had Randy Rhoads in it. I don't remember the exact date of his tragic death. I was disappointed to see it didn't. But then I read a little about the show in an interview with Rudy Sarzo, and it really sounds like an amazing show, and a tribute to Randy. So I got it.

Hearing Crazy Train on the radio back in 1981 was a turning point for me as far as discovering metal.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 am

I was at this show (up front...the only proper way to see Tommy F'n Aldridge) and was hoping for more shots of the audience in the DVD. oh well, they couldn't film every 17 year old long haired kid there Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Watched this today. It's pretty cool. One small complaint I had it that Rudy Sarzo can't not stand in a power-stance and flail around. Nothing wrong with that most of the time, but during Goodbye to Romance it looks out of place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Ozzy sounded great (I have my suspicions that he re-did his vocals in the studio).

That's the rumor. It wouldn't surprise me though.

He did re-record all his vocals for Tribute back in the 80s (soundboard bootlegs exist and it's easy to compare). Didn't really bother me because I bought tribute for Randy Rhoads and it was worth it.

I'm not sure if he could still do that now based on how he's sounded for the past several years. Even if the performance was rough I would rather hear Ozzy live in 1982 than Ozzy in the studio in 2012.

I'm not really interested in this particular video, I would rather hear Randy play these songs. If they find some previously unreleased Jake E. Lee stuff circa Bark At The Moon I'd be all over that.
Back to top Go down
gitters
Metal novice
Metal novice
gitters

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Speak of the Devil album is a totally different concert of all Black Sabbath songs. The Speak of the Devil dvd is a regular concert from the Diary of a Madman tour. Beware the vocals are overdubbed on the dvd. If you watch Ozzy's mouth it will be moving when he's not singing and singing when his mouth isn't moving. I watched the concert once and sold it. I'd rather have a bootleg with the original vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release   Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzy - Speak of the Devil (2012) DVD Release
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: