Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Randy Blythe Arrested

Go down 
+14
steelerbrian
Tur-Thalion
DallasBlack
Andy
Required Fields
Hamer12
The_Jayroh
exact33
Gilbert
manny
Eyesore
EmoElmo
mc666
Grimmo
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

Randy Blythe Arrested Empty
PostSubject: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:59 pm

I've just read that Randy Blythe, the vocalist of Lamb of God, has been arrested and charged with the manslaughter of a fan. The fan died after injuries sustained from a 2010 concert in the Czech Republic.

Story here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/randy_blythe_arrested_for_manslaughter.html

Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:37 am

after the whole Dimebag thing, i don't blame Randy one bit. unfortunate that the guy died, but he was apparently there to start trouble, & Randy was there to entertain.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am

Ahh, they just want some settlement money probably...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:06 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Ahh, they just want some settlement money probably...

Sounds like this is a criminal case, not a civil case, so money would have nothing to do with it.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:51 am

If he beat the guy and it contributed to his death...well, breaks of the game.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 am

Apparently he just pushed the guy, he hit his head but it is still under investigation
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:39 am

Money has to do everything in it, even in a criminal case.

I hope Randy is innocent.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:02 pm

manny wrote:
Apparently he just pushed the guy, he hit his head but it is still under investigation
Apparently their definition of a fight is different from mine. Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Money has to do everything in it, even in a criminal case.

I hope Randy is innocent.

there may be a civil case later for the money but this is a criminal case.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah, I would've probably pushed the guy off stage myself if he was up there pissing me off. I'd bet that the guy's family are the ones pressing charges.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:22 pm

That sucks. He should be arrested for impersonating a singer!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
That sucks. He should be arrested for impersonating a singer!!
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 pm

It was the third time the fan had jumped on the stage. Security had removed the guy from the stage the first two times - they were just caught 'on the hop' third time around.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

I do feel bad for the fan's family, but what Randy did was understandable and justifiable. He didn't intend to kill the fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 am

Good. One less groove band to worry about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 am

Andy wrote:
Good. One less groove band to worry about.

I was thinking of saying this all along lol! they suck anyways

But then maybe they could hire Chuck Billy's services as a temp. singer, I'd buy their CD in a heartbeat, i believe his vocal style fits perfectly with their sound Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Well, suck or no suck, the charge is bogus.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Why is the charge bogus?

First off, even in a "post-Dimebag" world, the people on stage do not have authorial power. They're not law enforcement.

Second, if you walk outside right now, push someone off a wall or a roof or a sidewalk and that person hits his or her head and then dies as a result, you are at fault. So why is this charge bogus?

I am not a fan of root-cause justice, so blaming the fan doesn't work for me. Sure, he shouldn't have gotten on stage, but Randy shouldn't have thrown him off the stage. If the kid hit his head as a result of that, then died, Randy isn't at all to blame?

Tell me this, if that kid got on stage, pushed Randy off the stage and then he died, would you guys think charges against the kid to be bogus?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Tell me this, if that kid got on stage, pushed Randy off the stage and then he died, would you guys think charges against the kid to be bogus?
Randy was authorized to be on that stage, the kid was not. so i don't think that would be exactly the same.

Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Why is the charge bogus?

First off, even in a "post-Dimebag" world, the people on stage do not have authorial power. They're not law enforcement.

Second, if you walk outside right now, push someone off a wall or a roof or a sidewalk and that person hits his or her head and then dies as a result, you are at fault. So why is this charge bogus?

I am not a fan of root-cause justice, so blaming the fan doesn't work for me. Sure, he shouldn't have gotten on stage, but Randy shouldn't have thrown him off the stage. If the kid hit his head as a result of that, then died, Randy isn't at all to blame?

I think what you say is fair, though I noticed today that video has now emerged of the three times the kid jumped up and got pushed off. While it is certainly hard to be absolutely certain due to the quality of the footage, it looks like Randy's involvement is not as strong as originally was suggested.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 pm

So it looks like he jumped himself the first time. Concrete swan dive by what it looks like. The second time a roadie or someone else gave him the real hard shove. And the third time either security or fans did it.

In light of that evidence, I will now say the charges are bogus. =)
Back to top Go down
steelerbrian
Metal novice
Metal novice
steelerbrian

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 am

Free Randy Blythe story/info...
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-randy-blythe.html
Back to top Go down
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 am

As this isn't really a music thread, moving it to unsound mind.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 am

I'm kinda surprised that he's still in jail. I would have thought by now that the record company would have stepped in and greased a few palms to get this guy out. It's the Czech Republic, right? Couldn't they just trade a coupla chickens and a goat for his release?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 am

Randy has been released from prison...

Quote :
Randy Blythe has been freed from prison in the Czech Republic, a spokeswomen for the Prague Court has confirmed. He will arrive home in the United States later today (Friday).

The Lamb of God singer was arrested on June 27 in connection with the death of Daniel Nosek, a fan alleged to have sustained a fatal head injury when he invaded the stage while Blythe performed.

Blythe was never charged and posted bail of $200,000 a few days later. However, under legal proceedings in the former Soviet nation prosecutors can object to a suspect’s freedom, which happened in his case. Although objections were not accepted, his bail was raised to $400,000. This again was paid, but another objection was lodged.

The spokeswoman said Blythe’s freedom was confirmed yesterday (Thursday) after a 16-hour closed session, and there were no conditions related to his being released, except for the bail payment. He was freed later in the afternoon and boarded a flight for the US today.

It’s believed the manslaughter case will be heard in November. Experts say Blythe has a strong case in his favour.

PostSubject: Re: Randy Blythe Arrested   Randy Blythe Arrested Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Blythe Arrested
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next