Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Required Fields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Empty
PostSubject: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:55 pm

I just read on another board that Disciples of Power (who disbanded back in 2006) are going to be performing for a handful of Canadian dates.. However, the band's key member, Hart Bachmier, won't be able to take part because of mental health problems.

Either way, Disciples of Power ruled, and this is cool news.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:53 pm

They were a pretty popular band back in NY/NJ back in the day.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Odd that you say that, as from what I've gathered, they never really got any recognition (even in death metal circles) outside of Canada.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:

They were? surprised

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They were? surprised
sure they were. on the underground scene anyway.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They were? Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour 685534

Yes in the club scene they were.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They were? surprised

I've been in NJ my whole life and I don't think I've ever heard of em. I must live under a rock.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They were? Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour 685534

I've been in NJ my whole life and I don't think I've ever heard of em. I must live under a rock.

That's because I was thinking of someone else all together. Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour 472591

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 am

Quote :
That's because I was thinking of someone else all together.

I've heard of Circus of Power, and I've heard of Disciples of Mockery, but I've never heard of Disciples of Power.

Soooo...somebody wanna clue me and Ult in?? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Never really have been a fan of the whole "reforming for a tour" thing.
Until I hear of plans for a new album from bands that reform, I really couldn't care less about the tour.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Fat Freddy and ultmetal, Disciples of Power were a death metal band with progressive tendencies from Canada.

Their first album was death metal-ish thrash metal. Here is the song Crisis off of their first album:

The second album saw the band move in a progressive death metal direction. Here is the band's best song (in my opinion), Nature's Fury (Betrayed Earth):

A few more good songs of theirs:

And ultmetal, who was it you were thinking of? Was it Disciples of Mockery, Circus of Power, or another band entirely?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanx for the info, R.F. ... no wonder I never heard of 'em, I'm not much of a death metal guy.

Ult's (mistaken) comment that they were popular in the NY/NJ area only served to confuse the issue even further, cuz then I thought they were a local band that had somehow slipped past my radar. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:00 pm

They're from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have no idea if they've ever even performed outside of Canada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour   Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disciples of Power are thinking of reforming for a mini-tour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: