Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spinal Tap on The Simpsons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Empty
PostSubject: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:45 am

:lol!:

"Marge I went to thousands of heavy metal concerts and it never hurt me."
*Ringing while marge talks*
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 8:22 am

One of my favorite episodes ever...

Comic Book Guy Selling T-shirts outside the Spinal Tap show: "Spinal Tap kicking Moammar Kaddafi in the butt! The timeless classic, now three for a dollar"

:lmao:
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 am

Bump for a little interesting factoid...

This morning Harry Shearer was on the Howrad Stern Show. If you don't know the name Harry Shearer, you have no business reading a thread about both the Simpsons or Spinal Tap.

Anyway, Richard Christy asked him point blank if there was any band in particular that Spinal Tap was parodying (sp?) and Harry replied "not anyone in particular, but I did travel with Saxon on tour before we filmed".

I thought that was interesting because for years, people have speculated that the guys in Tap had to have some sort of "inside knowledge" to write that movie. So while Saxon may not have been a direct inspiration, they certainly gave Harry some band insight. He also said that Derek Smalls hairstyle was inspired by Lemmy, but interesting enough, not the mustache.

Long Live The Tap!!

Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Dereksmalls

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:58 am

Hail Derek Smalls!! Spinal Tap on The Simpsons 11840 David St. Hubbins and Nigel Tufnel have long been considered the Tap's "fire" and "ice" while Derek was the "lukewarm water" that held them together.

I read somewhere years ago that Harry was friends with someone on Saxon's road crew so he got to attend a whole mess of Saxon shows, studying the bassist (Steve Dawson) to get the stage presence down pat.

Derek's hair may be Lemmy's, but the mustache was definitely Dawson's.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hail Derek Smalls!! Spinal Tap on The Simpsons 11840 David St. Hubbins and Nigel Tufnel have long been considered the Tap's "fire" and "ice" while Derek was the "lukewarm water" that held them together.

I read somewhere years ago that Harry was friends with someone on Saxon's road crew so he got to attend a whole mess of Saxon shows, studying the bassist (Steve Dawson) to get the stage presence down pat.

I had read that too and that Dawson taught Harry to play Bass
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:02 am

I'm tryin' to find a video clip of Tap on "The Simpsons" now but comin' up empty on YouTube (probably cleaned out by the Copyright Police).... I love that episode. (Derek Smalls: "HAIL TO YOU, OUR HALF-INFLATED DARK LORD!")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Richard Christy mentioned the mustache being copped from Saxon's bassist, but Harry said he couldn't remember, so that could be right.

PostSubject: Re: Spinal Tap on The Simpsons   Spinal Tap on The Simpsons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spinal Tap on The Simpsons
Page 1 of 1