Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flying Colors

Go down 
+5
exact33
Dark Horseman
James B.
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Flying Colors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Did anyone do all of this crying when Kevin Moore left? If anything he's the one thats been missing since he left.

I did and still do(I see Shawn does as well)!!! And yes he is missed!!! I've pretty much dug all of Moore's projects.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Live dvd/cd coming soon for those interested...

Quote :
Deep Purple guitarist Steve Morse is joined by Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Casey McPherson and Dave LaRue in a show that was shot during their appearance in the Netherlands in September last year. They performed their full self-titled album, along with classic tracks from their own current and previous bands including Dream Theater, Spock’s Beard and Dixie Dregs.

Steve Morse says: “This is an uplifting tune from our last Flying Colors show. Everybody is having a great time because it is such a unique and talented group. Have a listen – I hope you enjoy hearing it as much as we did making it.”

Flying Colors Live In Europe is released on October 14 via Music Theories Recordings. It will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD, limited-edition triply vinyl and digital. The DVD and Blu-Ray editions include a 45-minute documentary and there’s a bonus track on the 180g coloured vinyl version, which is available for pre-order now.

Tracklist

Blue Ocean
Shoulda Coulda Woulda
Love Is What I’m Waiting For
Can’t Find A Way
The Storm
Odyssey
Forever In A Daze
Hallelujah
Better Than Walking Away
Fool In My Heart
Spur of the Moment
Repentance
June
All Falls Down
Everything Changes
Infinite Fire

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 pm

The studio album didn't really hit me, but I'd be interested to see some live footage.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Live dvd/cd coming soon for those interested...

Quote :
Deep Purple guitarist Steve Morse is joined by Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Casey McPherson and Dave LaRue in a show that was shot during their appearance in the Netherlands in September last year. They performed their full self-titled album, along with classic tracks from their own current and previous bands including Dream Theater, Spock’s Beard and Dixie Dregs.

Steve Morse says: “This is an uplifting tune from our last Flying Colors show. Everybody is having a great time because it is such a unique and talented group. Have a listen – I hope you enjoy hearing it as much as we did making it.”

Flying Colors Live In Europe is released on October 14 via Music Theories Recordings. It will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD, limited-edition triply vinyl and digital. The DVD and Blu-Ray editions include a 45-minute documentary and there’s a bonus track on the 180g coloured vinyl version, which is available for pre-order now.

Tracklist

Blue Ocean
Shoulda Coulda Woulda
Love Is What I’m Waiting For
Can’t Find A Way
The Storm
Odyssey
Forever In A Daze
Hallelujah
Better Than Walking Away
Fool In My Heart
Spur of the Moment
Repentance
June
All Falls Down
Everything Changes
Infinite Fire
I might have to get this. That album is something i have enjoyed repeatedly.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This sounds slightly more interesting to me than the Adreneline Mob project, but nothing knocking my socks of either. Sorry Mike, strike 2
I'm going to adjust that previous statement.

Having now heard the full album and not just a track or 2, I can say that this is a very enjoyable listen. Still not knocking my socks off, but I like it. More than I thought I would anyway. So for the record...

Adreneline Mob - pass.
Winery Dogs - meh.
Flying Colors - good.

What else does Portnoy have in the works that we can dissect? Razz 

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
This sounds slightly more interesting to me than the Adreneline Mob project, but nothing knocking my socks of either. Sorry Mike, strike 2
I'm going to adjust that previous statement.

Having now heard the full album and not just a track or 2, I can say that this is a very enjoyable listen. Still not knocking my socks off, but I like it. More than I thought I would anyway. So for the record...

Adreneline Mob - pass.
Winery Dogs - meh.
Flying Colors - good.

What else does Portnoy have in the works that we can dissect? Razz 

i love the harmonies on Flying Colors. Tis a thing of beauty.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Bump for new album info...

FLYING COLORS — the band featuring Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals), Dave LaRue (bass), Neal Morse (keyboards, vocals), Casey McPherson (vocals, guitars) and Steve Morse (guitar) — will release its second album, "Second Nature", in Europe on September 29 via Mascot Label Group's Music Theories label.

Flying Colors - Page 2 Flyingcolorssecondnaturecd

"Second Nature" track listing:

01. Open Up Your Eyes
02. Mask Machine
03. Bombs Away
04. The Fury Of My Love
05. A Place In Your World
06. Lost Without You
07. One Lost Forever
08. Peaceful Harbor
09. Cosmic Symphony
I. Still Life Of The World
II. Searching For The Air
III. Pound For Pound

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the debut, so this will be a certain purchase. I just hope it gets a US distro/release date.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 pm

I just saw the debut at the used store for $5.95...not sure about grabbing it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

For $6 bills, it's definitely worth it. On the more mellow side of prog, but an enjoyable listen all the way through. Nice vocal harmonies too. I just played it over the weekend in the car with the wife and she never even objected once.  Razz

Of the multiple projects Portnoy has been involved in since his departure from Dream Theater, this one has been my favorite by far.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Not sure? Why not? It's a damn fine album, man. I'm actually surprised you don't already own it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Not sure? Why not? It's a damn fine album, man. I'm actually surprised you don't already own it.

ken is totally right. I know people were expecting a prog fest but the album is great rock.

The second one is a blind buy for me.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 12:24 am

The new album is really great. Better than the debut, I think.

New video.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:18 am

Not a bad little ditty!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:39 am

I've been hearing that the new album is a definite improvement over the debut. A lot of the guys on this prog board I frequent that didn't like the first album, say they really like Second Nature. I'm going to check it out this weekend on Spotify and see how it strikes me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:07 am

I really enjoyed the debut, so I'm greatly looking forward to getting this new one. I thought I might have a copy this morning, but I got outbid in the last few seconds on ebay. Oh well. I'll get this sooner than later.

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 pm

I like the album slightly better than the debut, but it's still not really my cup of tea despite the amount of obvious talent on display.

It's well-executed American Prog, but my preferences have always leaned toward the European variety.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:11 pm

I just got a copy this week, so I haven't had a chance to let it really sink in yet, but first impressions were promising.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 pm

I love it. I loved the first one and this is a more proggy dose of the same.

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 8:19 pm

exact33 wrote:

The longer tracks that bookmark the album were the ones I liked the most.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 am

exact33 wrote:

Yea, I think this 2nd one is just as good as the first one. It just seems like a natural progression. The longer, proggier songs aren't a distraction or overly indulgent. The whole album has a nice flow to it. It makes a nice companion piece to the first and overall a very pleasant listen.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Yea, I think this 2nd one is just as good as the first one. It just seems like a natural progression. The longer, proggier songs aren't a distraction or overly indulgent. The whole album has a nice flow to it. It makes a nice companion piece to the first and overall a very pleasant listen.

yep. I cannot wait for the next release!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:09 am

Anyone seen my copy of their s/t debut? I've seemed to misplace mine.

PostSubject: Re: Flying Colors   Flying Colors - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying Colors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2