Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season

Go down 
+5
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Empty
PostSubject: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Here's the story from the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c0dd9/article/nfl-suspends-williams-indefinitely-saints-payton-one-year-?module=HP11_breaking_news

This is actually the first time I heard about the Saints "bounty program" which rewarded players for injuring members of the opposing team...offering different level rewards for either a "knock out hit" or a "cart off hit".

Despicable is too good of a word for this. I'm glad they suspended his ass.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:44 pm

The absolutely had to - they gave Gregg Williams a lifetime ban (the guy who put the program into effect in NO as well as with his previous teams).

I'm glad the NFL came down hard - they had to, especially with player safety all over the news. That kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed in the NFL. Hits, yes. Take a player out and you get bug bucks? No. Payton is Captain of the ship - his responsibility.

I wish they had come down on harder on Bill Bilicheat and the Patriots. Those Super Bowl wins are suspect to me. Did you know that The Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since they got caught cheating? The two times they made it to the big game, Brady lost two super bowls to Eli........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I don't know about the Patriots/Giants thing, both of those games were very close and Giant's wouldn't have won the first time if it hadn't been for that "miracle catch". I don't think "not" cheating had anything to do with those losses.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
I don't know about the Patriots/Giants thing, both of those games were very close and Giant's wouldn't have won the first time if it hadn't been for that "miracle catch". I don't think "not" cheating had anything to do with those losses.

It's the Football Gods, the put a curse on The Patriots. It won't go away until Billachek retires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:11 pm

"ain'ts" fans (sorry, Saints fans) are in an uproar over the suspensions, calling for a boycott of the NFL.

Quite humorous.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
The absolutely had to - they gave Gregg Williams a lifetime ban (the guy who put the program into effect in NO as well as with his previous teams).

I'm glad the NFL came down hard - they had to, especially with player safety all over the news. That kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed in the NFL. Hits, yes. Take a player out and you get bug bucks? No. Payton is Captain of the ship - his responsibility.

I wish they had come down on harder on Bill Bilicheat and the Patriots. Those Super Bowl wins are suspect to me. Did you know that The Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since they got caught cheating? The two times they made it to the big game, Brady lost two super bowls to Eli........

Totally agree with you on all counts. Goodell wasn't playing around with them here. They got what they deserved.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 pm

How is it possible S.D. that you hadn't heard of "BountyGate" until today???? The sports world has been yacking about it for a month.

The Saints got nuked today but it should have been worse because this is opening up the liability floodgates for the NFL. Players will sue like crazy.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I almost never read about sports or watch sports shows, so I just hadn't run across it until today.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:20 pm

It's stupid but I bet there a bunch of other teams that do this.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:05 pm

My Rams are the ones who really get screwed by this. They just hired Williams to be their Defensive Coordinator a couple months ago. Now what do they do?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My Rams are the ones who really get screwed by this. They just hired Williams to be their Defensive Coordinator a couple months ago. Now what do they do?

tear up his contract and not pay him another cent.

I think the penalty for this bounty thing is a bit harsh (Sean Payton one year? wow) but I understand that Darth Goodell has to set a precedence for the rest of the league.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 pm

I think the saints got hit hard because they lied after being told to stop doing it. I think the year ban for Payton might be a tad too harsh but the NFL is in CYA mode after the lawsuits and the Saints were dumb enough to get caught.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 pm

The Saints got raped, but hey, that's the breaks. As already pointed out, they lied.

The Rams should be compensated with draft picks. I think they will be okay though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Joe wrote:
The Saints got raped, but hey, that's the breaks. As already pointed out, they lied.

The Rams should be compensated with draft picks. I think they will be okay though.

I dont see why the Rams should get compensated. Sure they suffered loss because williams is suspended but thats what happens.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 pm

I guess it depends on the length of the suspension. Who knows how long "indefinite" will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Joe wrote:
I guess it depends on the length of the suspension. Who knows how long "indefinite" will be.

Goodell said he wouldn't review the case until after the end of the 2012 season, so it's at least a year.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, then yeah, I thought the Rams should've been compensated. But, thinking about it more, it would be the same as if a player were to go to a different team and get busted for something he did in the past. The new team wouldn't get compensated in that situation either.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
Joe wrote:

Goodell said he wouldn't review the case until after the end of the 2012 season, so it's at least a year.

yep. Williams knew what he was doing and he knew it was against league rules. I think anything longer than a year though is just being spiteful. The commish has made his point and anything more is punitive.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

I think they're trying to cover for the lawsuits coming they're way. Aikman says the thinks football could be ruined by the attempt to protect the players because of being sued. Players are going to have to sign a waiver soon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think they're trying to cover for the lawsuits coming they're way. Aikman says the thinks football could be ruined by the attempt to protect the players because of being sued. Players are going to have to sign a waiver soon.

i would think that they go into the sport knowing full well what is going to happen. I love people who go into something knowing what goes on and then try to act dumb. You are being paid to hit other people who are trying to hit you. What do you think is going to happen?

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

I think the suspensions were justified. The league told them to stop. The Saints lied about it and were caught.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season   Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saints' Coach Sean Payton suspended for the 2012 season
Page 1 of 1