Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Trailer for "The Avengers"

Go down 
+22
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
brokentulsa
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Sutekh
CRIMSONMASK
GrandNational
mlotek
sheets
exact33
metalinmyveins
manny
DallasBlack
Rex
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I will see the new MiB though when it's out on DVD. I just enjoy the crap outta the concept of that franchise. It's more like the comic books I read as a kid.

Didja know "Men in Black" was a comic book long before it was a movie? Tr00 chiz. It started out as a black & white indie book in 1990 before it eventually became part of the Marvel stable:
New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 MIBseries1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_in_Black_(comics)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I will see the new MiB though when it's out on DVD. I just enjoy the crap outta the concept of that franchise. It's more like the comic books I read as a kid.

Didja know "Men in Black" was a comic book long before it was a movie? Tr00 chiz. It started out as a black & white indie book in 1990 before it eventually became part of the Marvel stable:
New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 MIBseries1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_in_Black_(comics)

lol! That makes perfect sense! It's exactly the kind of comic books I used to buy as a kid; anything with monsters and/or aliens.

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Joss Whedon has now officially signed on to write/direct the next Avengers film.

Joss has also been hired to create a new "Marvel-based" TV series for ABC, no further details as of yet.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Here's what I've seen about the show :

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/

Doesn't sound too promising to me but it's still early and alot can be changed from now until the final product is revealed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 pm

they should do the series with other avengers...

CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 am

007 wrote:

Doesn't sound too promising to me but it's still early and alot can be changed from now until the final product is revealed.

Something like "Heroes For Hire", post-M Day "X Factor", or even "Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV. Or better yet...

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 QDKEG00Z
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

I'd be most interested in a SHIELD-based series if no super heroes would be involved. That seems to me to have the most potential.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
007 wrote:

Something like "Heroes For Hire", post-M Day "X Factor", or even "Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV. Or better yet...

New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 QDKEG00Z

I could go or WCA, but to be honest I would just rather them make Secret Wars into a movie Smile

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm

There is a ton of speculation going on surrounding this new TV series, but no official word from either Whedon or ABC. It could be in the very earliest stages of development so who knows when it will finally come out.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is one of the most rumored possibilities, the other most mentioned is AKA Jessica Jones, which was considered awhile back for a series but didn't pan out.

I've also heard mention of Heroes For Hire, Black Panther and several others.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I actually think the Black Panther would also be a great series and with no powers , no special effects needed, keeping the show's budget down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 am

So now it appears that Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel for the next 3 years. From IMDB:

“Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.”

That last sentence is very interesting, it most likely alludes to him having input into what Marvel projects go into development and also having a say into who writes/directs and possibly stars in them.

I bet he's getting paid a fortune because very few exclusive deals get signed by filmmakers these days.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
So now it appears that Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel for the next 3 years. From IMDB:

“Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.”

That last sentence is very interesting, it most likely alludes to him having input into what Marvel projects go into development and also having a say into who writes/directs and possibly stars in them.

I bet he's getting paid a fortune because very few exclusive deals get signed by filmmakers these days.

that is interesting. I think he will be good for Marvel.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 pm

"The Avengers" comes to DVD/Blu-Ray on Sept. 25th... so hey, cool, I'll finally get to see the damn thing. Very Happy I'll be first on line at the RedBox machine!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Maybe Heroes for Hire? Marvel Knights? Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, etc, oh yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Avengers" comes to DVD/Blu-Ray on Sept. 25th... so hey, cool, I'll finally get to see the damn thing. Very Happy I'll be first on line at the RedBox machine!!

There is an extended Director's Cut that should be included in the DVD & blu-ray sets and might also play in theaters later this month. The film was shortened (by Whedon) so that more screenings could happen in the theaters per day. The longer version is actually his preferred version and it was always intended to be included in the home release. The Director's Cut is 25 minutes longer and brings the running time to 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

There is an extended Director's Cut that should be included in the DVD & blu-ray sets and might also play in theaters later this month. The film was shortened (by Whedon) so that more screenings could happen in the theaters per day. The longer version is actually his preferred version and it was always intended to be included in the home release. The Director's Cut is 25 minutes longer and brings the running time to 3 hours.

nice! I am looking forward to it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Check this out. I'd love to have it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083SBMGW/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=collidercom-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&adid=1WRTJ558YGEZSSPW9YWC&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0083SBMGW
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

nice! I am looking forward to it.

So am I. I'm also ready to see it in the theater again as it should be at the discount matinee.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

exact33 wrote:

I would just rather them make Secret Wars into a movie Smile
Yes! That would be just awesome!
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Whedon is an awesome director! He's definitely up there with Brad Bird and Nolan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Whedon is an awesome director! He's definitely up there with Brad Bird and Nolan

Great director and a superb writer, particularly of dialogue. Whedon is definitely one of my favorites in Hollywood.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am

adrian wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I would just rather them make Secret Wars into a movie Smile
Yes! That would be just awesome!

yep. Talk about a gigantic action flick!!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

Quote :
"Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV

That could have lotsa potential. Noone thinks about the aftermath of a super hero showdown in mid-town.

A clean-up crew that has to restore things back to normal after super heroes trash the joint. Filling Hulk-sized potholes in the street, cleaning ekto-goo off of buildings after an alien explosion, scrapping used webbing off of cars. The possibilites are endless.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
"Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV.

"Damage Control" was a great comic series, I could definitely see it as a TV show!

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I just watched a horror flick last night written by Whedon called "A Cabin in The Woods", it was weird and fun, silight rip-off to "The Hunger Games" though, but overall it was a good movie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   New Trailer for "The Avengers" - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Trailer for "The Avengers"
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next