Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'

Go down 
+6
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
jstate
BillRoxx
exact33
10 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Empty
PostSubject: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 pm

From Sleazeroxx:

Frontiers Records is proud to announce the release of the first new album in 18 years from New Jersey rockers Tyketto. 'Dig In Deep' is due out on April 20th in Europe and April 24th in North America and features the original line-up of Danny Vaughn (lead vocals), Brooke St. James (lead guitar/backing vocals), Jimi Kennedy (bass/backing vocals) and Michael Clayton (drums/backing vocals). With recent appearances at Sweden Rock, Download, Firefest, Hard Rock Hell and Hard in Rio, the band realized they still had a huge fan base worldwide and the timing was perfect for a new album.

The first single, "Faithless", can be exclusively streamed on Frontiers Records' web radio now at www.frontiers.it/webradio.

Formed in New Jersey in 1990, Tyketto released their major label debut 'Don't Come Easy' in 1991. The album contained the hit AOR songs "Forever Young" and "Seasons" as well as "Wings" and "End Of The Summer Days", whose respective videos, along with "Forever Young", were in heavy rotation on MTV. Tyketto has sold hundreds of thousands of albums worldwide.

In a November interview with SleazeRoxx.com Danny Vaughn stated, "It's a double edged sword, the 'Don't Come Easy' thing, because there will always be some people who, if you try to remake that exact feel, exact vibe and write songs just like those songs, will say 'they're just trying to do what they did and make it sell, they've got nothing new and it's the same stuff regurgitated'. If you go out and do something totally different then some people will complain that 'it's nothing like 'Don't Come Easy', what do these guys think they are doing?' So I guarantee there is going to be somebody unhappy."

"The thing with us is I think we walk both lines, because obviously it's many years later, so our musicianship is different and the music we've been exposed to has changed", continued the singer. "But we are not going to try and make Tyketto sound like ... I can't think who ... but I think it will sound like us. It will have some more maturity to it. I think there are going to be some differences, but I'm not going to change the way I sing. My harmony structures will be similar and my belief in what makes a big chorus is still there. What I do know is that this album is going to be pretty damn aggressive -- not in a thrash metal sense. Some of the songs are making me think of Def Leppard. There is a ballad, but I don't know if there will be more than one. I think it's going to be a very fast-paced and aggressive record. Now we are starting to throw in the elements that will make it more like what people know of Tyketto -- the acoustic guitar will blend in at certain points. I think it will be exactly what it is, people will hear it and go 'yes, that is Tyketto' and 'yes, that is not old Tyketto, that is Tyketto 2011'."

Visit Tyketto at www.tyketto.de and www.frontiers.it.

'Dig In Deep' track listing:
01. Faithless
02. Love To Love
03. Here's Hoping It Hurts
04. Battle Lines
05. The Fight Left In Me
06. Evaporate
07. Monday
08. Dig In Deep
09. Sound Off
10. Let This One Slide
11. This Is How We Say Goodbye

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 pm

the first single

BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Pretty good! I'm looking forward to this one! Thanks for sharing I didn't even know this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Pretty good! I'm looking forward to this one! Thanks for sharing I didn't even know this!

Did you know Trixter is back as well??

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 am

Always loved Strength In Numbers, and when I find one for a decent price hope to someday get Don't Come Easy. Currently it would be in the top twenty wants. Like the sound of the single, so this is probably an easy pick-up for me.

Also am so grateful for Frontiers (and not just for new Tyketto either) since I couldn't take another kickstarter thread on a band I like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 am

Quote :
Also am so grateful for Frontiers (and not just for new Tyketto either) since I couldn't take another kickstarter thread on a band I like.

Laughing very hard I was about to say "Thank God! Someone who isn't using Kickstarter!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 am

I vaguely recognize the name from back in the day, but wouldn'd say I know them. Good for them. New songs not bad. Is it similar to their old sound?

I thought the same thing Freddy, how is it they can get a record deal and Vixen has to sell wh0re themselves out on Kickstarter? Razz

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am

"Forever Young" is a great Tyketto song...

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

jstate wrote:
Always loved Strength In Numbers, and when I find one for a decent price hope to someday get Don't Come Easy. Currently it would be in the top twenty wants. Like the sound of the single, so this is probably an easy pick-up for me.

I found Dont Come Easy at Goodwill awhile back.

I was kinda surprised they are doing another recording as I figured they had drifted off into music oblivion but that new track has some promise to it.

and like everyone has said, it is a novelty not using kickstarter!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

"Forever Young" is the only Tyketto song I can remember. scratch

I seem to recall that they had a lot of hype when they first appeared (Geffen was clearly positioning them as their next "Sell A Zillion Records" great white hope ala Guns N Roses) but they kinda came and went without making much impact.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

"Forever Young" is the only Tyketto song I can remember. scratch

I seem to recall that they had a lot of hype when they first appeared (Geffen was clearly positioning them as their next "Sell A Zillion Records" great white hope ala Guns N Roses) but they kinda came and went without making much impact.

They were one of those bands who, had the scene managed to linger on longer, would have been more popular but the whole grunge thing swept them into oblivion. Dont Come EAsy is a good album. I remember having it on tape and giving it some serious playing time.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:25 am

exact33 wrote:
From Sleazeroxx:

Frontiers Records is proud to announce the release of the first new album in 18 years from New Jersey rockers Tyketto. 'Dig In Deep' is due out on April 20th in Europe and April 24th in North America and features the original line-up of Danny Vaughn (lead vocals), Brooke St. James (lead guitar/backing vocals), Jimi Kennedy (bass/backing vocals) and Michael Clayton (drums/backing vocals). With recent appearances at Sweden Rock, Download, Firefest, Hard Rock Hell and Hard in Rio, the band realized they still had a huge fan base worldwide and the timing was perfect for a new album.

The first single, "Faithless", can be exclusively streamed on Frontiers Records' web radio now at www.frontiers.it/webradio.

Formed in New Jersey in 1990, Tyketto released their major label debut 'Don't Come Easy' in 1991. The album contained the hit AOR songs "Forever Young" and "Seasons" as well as "Wings" and "End Of The Summer Days", whose respective videos, along with "Forever Young", were in heavy rotation on MTV. Tyketto has sold hundreds of thousands of albums worldwide.

In a November interview with SleazeRoxx.com Danny Vaughn stated, "It's a double edged sword, the 'Don't Come Easy' thing, because there will always be some people who, if you try to remake that exact feel, exact vibe and write songs just like those songs, will say 'they're just trying to do what they did and make it sell, they've got nothing new and it's the same stuff regurgitated'. If you go out and do something totally different then some people will complain that 'it's nothing like 'Don't Come Easy', what do these guys think they are doing?' So I guarantee there is going to be somebody unhappy."

"The thing with us is I think we walk both lines, because obviously it's many years later, so our musicianship is different and the music we've been exposed to has changed", continued the singer. "But we are not going to try and make Tyketto sound like ... I can't think who ... but I think it will sound like us. It will have some more maturity to it. I think there are going to be some differences, but I'm not going to change the way I sing. My harmony structures will be similar and my belief in what makes a big chorus is still there. What I do know is that this album is going to be pretty damn aggressive -- not in a thrash metal sense. Some of the songs are making me think of Def Leppard. There is a ballad, but I don't know if there will be more than one. I think it's going to be a very fast-paced and aggressive record. Now we are starting to throw in the elements that will make it more like what people know of Tyketto -- the acoustic guitar will blend in at certain points. I think it will be exactly what it is, people will hear it and go 'yes, that is Tyketto' and 'yes, that is not old Tyketto, that is Tyketto 2011'."

Visit Tyketto at www.tyketto.de and www.frontiers.it.

'Dig In Deep' track listing:
01. Faithless
02. Love To Love
03. Here's Hoping It Hurts
04. Battle Lines
05. The Fight Left In Me
06. Evaporate
07. Monday
08. Dig In Deep
09. Sound Off
10. Let This One Slide
11. This Is How We Say Goodbye

I LOVE "Faithless" and got that single! Danny has a great voice and could easily be the next lead vocalist for Survivor!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am

I got Danny's solo album "Traveller" and really loved it! For some reason, I never got into Tyketto back in the day, but now I am finally ready to give their music a fighting chance!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:31 pm

I picked this one up. I like it a lot. Don't Come Easy is a 10/10 all-timer for me, and this one isn't quite that good, but it's a real solid 8.5+. They've done a good job on this album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:23 pm

to be honest i was really disappointed with this one. I didnt think it sounded much like Tyketto.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:48 pm

I've liked some of Vaughn's stuff and Tyketto back in the day but this new one seemed bland from what I heard.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I've liked some of Vaughn's stuff and Tyketto back in the day but this new one seemed bland from what I heard.

bland is very accurate for this release.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Which is too bad, they had something a little different in their sound which made it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
jstate wrote:

I found Dont Come Easy at Goodwill awhile back.

I was kinda surprised they are doing another recording as I figured they had drifted off into music oblivion but that new track has some promise to it.

and like everyone has said, it is a novelty not using kickstarter!

Actually when they do shows in Europe, they do really well, and Danny Vaughn has had a pretty good solo career. He released a bunch of albums, and played on a bunch of other people's stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 11:34 am

New Tyketto song if anyone cares...

New album, Reach, coming in October.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm

Yay! I care, deeply. Thanks for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'   Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyketto Return After 18 Years With 'Dig In Deep'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: