Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Topic Reply Notifications

Go down 
+13
chewie
A Handful of Wayne
exact33
Leatherface
kmorg
mc666
James B.
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Topic Reply Notifications Empty
PostSubject: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:12 am

Hello, all

Am I the only one who keeps getting Topic Reply Notifications in my inbox from every single thread I post in? Even when I undo it, the damn notifications keep clogging up my inbox - It's not that big a deal, but does this happen to anyone else?

Mglaffas81
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:19 am

You may need to go into your profile and update your e-mail preferences (even if you already did it)... sometimes the system gets a hiccup and weird stuff like this happens.

It started doing the same thing to me about a month ago ... out of the blue, I was getting an e-mail telling me about every new posts in every thread.

I updated my preferences and the e-mails went away.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 am

Mglaffas81, same thing started happening to me out of the blue, follow FF"s direction and that will stop.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 am

I went into my settings and selected to NOT receive them...it's still saved & selected...and I still get them all the time.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 am

Okay, I'll update my preferences - thanks guys!

Hopefully it will stop, sure hope my account ain't cursed like Shawn's Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I went into my settings and selected to NOT receive them...it's still saved & selected...and I still get them all the time.

I had that problem too. Even if you set your preferences to NOT receive them, from that point on, you still have to go back to any topics you receive notice from and click to "stop watching this topic".

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have done that same thing a few times and they still come as well. I just tried the "other" other option and will see if that works.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 am

It took me a couple of tries before it finally stopped.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:59 am

If memory serves, I was getting the e-mails even though the e-mail notification thingy in my preferences said "no" ... so I changed it to "yes," waited about fifteen minutes, then went back and changed them back to "no" again and that seemed to take care of it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

Profile>Preferences> scroll down to "Always notify me of replies", tick "no" & save.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 am

Still getting them - I will try the Fat Freddy solution
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I had that problem too. Even if you set your preferences to NOT receive them, from that point on, you still have to go back to any topics you receive notice from and click to "stop watching this topic".

This!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Was happening to me as well by I corrected the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:34 pm

It wasnt by accident Razz

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Hahaha I thought it was just me. I've been meaning to ask about this too.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 7:56 pm

I think it defaults back after the new year. I had to fix it again in January.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:29 pm

I have tried everything mentioned and I am still getting notifications surprised

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 pm

have you tried the Spectrefate/Uncle Saxon method of deleting your account & re-registering with a different name?

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 am

mc666 wrote:
have you tried the Spectrefate/Uncle Saxon method of deleting your account & re-registering with a different name?

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

mc666 wrote:

Topic Reply Notifications 647664

I couldn't think of a new user name as kewl as the oe I have now

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 am

I've tried everything but still get them...my profile is set to not get them, but I do.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

This is getting way out of hand. The board must be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've tried everything but still get them...my profile is set to not get them, but I do.

You might want to also check to see if your are subscribed to any threads - I had to set my profile not to get them and delete the threads I was automatically subscribed by the system
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:06 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You might want to also check to see if your are subscribed to any threads - I had to set my profile not to get them and delete the threads I was automatically subscribed by the system

I just went thru the emails and then went to corresponding threads and clicked the "stop watching this thread" or whatever it states.

Thanks Leo and everyone else.

I only get about 5 o6 emails a week and then bam I had like 70 or so. It complicated my life beyond means and harshed my mellow.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:29 pm

I was having the same problem lately. I'll need to update the problem. Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic Reply Notifications   Topic Reply Notifications Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topic Reply Notifications
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next