Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:36 am

Somebody photoshopped a fake memorial pic for Michael Cole after Brock destroyed everything. Better yet, somebody edited his wikipedia page as well.

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 CBY5qPQUMAEDzSu

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 CBZDHLtXIAApopH
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am

Lol! Brock is over like rover now.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Raw was good too. And it's been awhile.

The crowd was hot. No Michael Cole, and all those "New... Day sucks!" chants and singing "John Cena sucks" to the tune of his entrance theme are, despite the negative articulation, signs that people care and are into it.

I also loved:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Wank_Pheasant_Roman

People are clearly hating the babyfaces. Are we ready for another attitude era where it's cool to be bad? Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins both got great reactions.

There was also some pretty damn good wrestling. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler is a dream matchup and with proper build-up could have been a top PPV main event. And John Cena vs Dean Ambrose was awesome, too. Ambrose is my favourite wrestler right now and he can do no wrong, but I also have to give it to Cena - he's done some pretty good matches for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:18 pm

This is just sad!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/567743-report-wwe-officials-not-happy-with-hbk-and-alundra-blayze-hof-speeches-more-backstage-reaction-to-hof

So HBK says wrestler and strap and that upsets the powers that be? I can understand maybe Madusa's language being a problem, but aren't they being a little anal?

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Somebody photoshopped a fake memorial pic for Michael Cole after Brock destroyed everything. Better yet, somebody edited his wikipedia page as well.

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 CBY5qPQUMAEDzSu

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 CBZDHLtXIAApopH

That's ironic as the Mexican wrestler that died recently did so as a result of the king of injury Cole was said to have had. As a matter of fact, WWE has gotten a lot of flack because of it.

Lari wrote:
Ambrose is my favourite wrestler right now and he can do no wrong

I like him too, but according to Mark Madden, he needs to learn how to throw a punch. Personally, I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 12:05 am

It's now been reported that AJ Lee has announced her retirement from the WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:48 pm

How many of you are aware that Sting was in a Laaz Rockit video?  I can only assume it was because his bares a passing resemblance to their mascot Captain Krunch.  

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:06 am

WWE Network is free again for April.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Lari wrote:
WWE Network is free again for April.

Got the Network for WM and the only thing I'm not happy with is that it does not work on the Google Chrome Operating System (Chromebook). I got one to stream video and still work on my laptop but found out that the Network is incompatible with it and there is of yet, no solution for it. A lot of people found out about this and when they tried to contact WWE network, they were told they were SOL because it states in the fine print that it is not compatible.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm

I've had the WWE Network since November and it's never worked in Chrome (the browser) for me. It worked in Opera until January, I think. Now it only works in Explorer.

Doesn't really bother me though - as long as I can watch somehow. If I get the big TV (if the old lady allows it), I use the XBox a lot of times, too. It's easier since it's already hooked up. Or sometimes casually on tablet - the WWE Network App for Android.

The best part about the Network is that massive archive of theirs. I've been watching old Saturday Night's Main Events from 1986-onwards. Takes me back.

I've also watched random WCW Monday Nitros and WCW PPVs. Along with the newer WWE PPVs and documentaries and what have they. Great package of history right there.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:29 pm

It's Google Chrome for Chromebooks that won't work. I watch the network exclusively on Chrome for Windows and I have since the day it launched.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm watching Smackdown.  Man, this Neville guy is fun to watch.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching Smackdown.  Man, this Neville guy is fun to watch.

There was a rumor of giving that guy a Mighty Mouse gimmick. Sounds like that that was just a rumor. I do know he has the nickname, "The Man Gravity Forgot". Havent' watched Raw yet, so no idea how good he is, but I did see his Imploding 450° splash on youtube. Pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 9:07 pm

He does a lot of handsprings during his match like RVD did in his prime.  And the dive he did to Axel tonight over the top rope to the outside of the ring rivaled anything a Luchadore would do and Neville's a lot bigger than that. And yeah, that finisher from the top rope is awesome.

And that's the tagline they're giving him in WWE; "The Man Gravity Forgot".  He sure is fun to watch; I'd like him as a face or a heel because his moves are fantastic.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 9:30 pm

And finally...the payoff on the Mizdow feud.

I loved Sandow as the arrogant heel who used to bring fans into the ring and ask them two simple questions and then one practically no one could answer and then mock them. 

I'm willing to accept him as a face but I wish they'd go back to that gimmick because it was hilarious IMO.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 12:24 am

I wouldn't say CM Punk is bitter but:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/570389-cm-punk-talks-wrestlers-to-mma

I agree with the first quote. How many of their better stars get stuck in the mid-card? As for the second part, that's kind of unfair to guys who want financial security and are trying to provide for their families.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 1:44 am

Ever wonder what a 21-time world champion and a guy who just had involvement in Wrestlemania two weeks ago are doing an a Saturday night?  That's right, Ric Flair and Kevin Nash (along with Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer, and Evan Bourne) were all in Meadville PA in a high school gym. Meadville is a tiny little town about 80 miles north of Pittsburgh.  I drove up with a friend to see the show and it was a great time.

Flair was only there for a signing, but Kevin Nash wrestled in the Main Event and the dude is jacked!  He's bigger than he was 15 years ago.  Insane.

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 KKoCtrR
WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 9jxMKow
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Watched Extreme Rules. Just like Hell In A Cell, ER without blood is pretty pointless. The closest thing to blood was two small bruises on Rusev's head from the chain. There was nothing remotely extreme last night. I think it's time to change the name of the PPV.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:52 pm

No, it's time to give up the PG rating. I'm so sick of the no blood rule. They don't have to go to the extremes of ECW but good grief, when somebody gets thrown forehead first into a steel post a little blood sure adds to the willing suspension of disbelief.

But I totally agree, if you're going to have a PG rating forget HitC and Extreme Rules, forget cage matches, street fights, last man standing matches, etc.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Ever wonder what a 21-time world champion and a guy who just had involvement in Wrestlemania two weeks ago are doing an a Saturday night?  That's right, Ric Flair and Kevin Nash (along with Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer, and Evan Bourne) were all in Meadville PA in a high school gym.  Meadville is a tiny little town about 80 miles north of Pittsburgh.  I drove up with a friend to see the show and it was a great time.

Flair was only there for a signing, but Kevin Nash wrestled in the Main Event and the dude is jacked!  He's bigger than he was 15 years ago.  Insane.

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 KKoCtrR
WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 9jxMKow

I told a guy at work about this and he thought it was ultra cool. We always talk about weightlifting but he recently found out I used to be a huge wrestling fan. So now I give him info of the old days of Widham and Rotundo and about seeing Savage's and Hillbilly Jim's first matches. Since he's only 22, the guys like Big Van Vader and the 90's are the old days. Ha.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 am

Looks like Billy Corgan is now employed by TNA. I have enjoyed Impact on Destination America. I still FF thru a lot of it, but not near as much as Raw. I can watch the 3 hr Raw in about 20 minutes. I never watch it live because there is too much crap so I always watch it on Tuesday. In fact I think I need about a 6 month break from Raw. I do that periodically, normally when they cram the same people down our throats.... I was listening to a Jim Ross Podcast recently and he had some valid points 1. Bring back the time limits to the match and 2. define and enforce the rules. I always remember how a "closed fist" could result in a DQ because it was against the rules. There is no mention of it now and Roman Reigns even uses it as his finishing move. So are they encouraging a good guy to use a rule breaking move? It is also as unrealistic as Hogan's leg drop. Mainly because, I don't care WHO you are, if Roman is going to hit someone like that they are more than likely going to be knocked out cold. So, as Hogan's move wouldn't stop anyone but does, Roman's WOULD stop someone and doesn't.

Let me know when Brock comes back, I'll start watching again but for now I think I am gonna take a break from Raw.

Oh -- Verne Gange passed away yesterday. 89 years old and suffering from dementia. I had no idea he killed him roomate in 2009 at a nursing home. He picked up a 97 year old man and body slammed him on the floor. The guy ended up dying but the family didn't want to press charges because of Verne's condition.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Speaking of unrealistic finishing moves, anyone remember "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Eric's? Like spinning around and then throwing a punch was supposed to have more impact than a regular punch.

Sad to hear about Verne Gange, but he lived a long life though and his suffering is over now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:38 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Speaking of unrealistic finishing moves, anyone remember "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Eric's? Like spinning around and then throwing a punch was supposed to have more impact than a regular punch.

Sad to hear about Verne Gange, but he lived a long life though and his suffering is over now.

Kerry Von Erich was so much more interesting in WCCW.  I used to love watching that federation's shows.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 pm

I always hated the Texas Tornado in the WWF. It just didn't make sense he was immediately inserted into the Intercontinental title picture (back when it actually mattered), against Mr.Perfect of all people, who was amazing in the ring and equally entertaining. Hennig, Bret Hart, DiBiase, Randy Savage and Demolition (especially Smash) were my favourites of the era.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Oh and Rick Rude. He was great.

I also hated George "the Animal" Steele. He didn't really even wrestle. But I understand that was the whole point. I guess it was mostly the fact I really liked Savage, so disliking Steele was automatic. Come to think of it, I used to like bad guys more often than the babyfaces.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 pm

I always thought that Rowdy Roddy Piper was the man back in the day. Piper's Pit was a riot !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: