Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:30 am

If the Undertaker were to choose I am sure he would choose someone who he respects. Someone like Kane or Trips or the Rock I think would have been good. I am surprised that he lost I thought he would keep winning till he could no longer do it. Maybe he's retiring as he would only really wrestle the one match to keep the streak alive. End of an era I think
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:55 am

I've been reading the WM thread on a wrestling board, and there are already several pics all over the 'net of fans' reactions to Taker losing, including this guy:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Fan1.vadapt.620.medium.33
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Ive seen that, I have to say it was unexpected enough to almost renew my interest in professional wrestling.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:40 am

RIP Ultimate Warrior. Bad week for my 2 all time faves but this is worse than the streak being broken.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18940

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:48 am

Just read about UW passing.  Just a few days after being inducted into the Hall of Fame and the release of his new DVD.  Wonder if his years of steroid abuse had anything to do with it?

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 am

No idea but it is sad

speaking of the HOF I am glad they inducted Razor Ramone
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:52 am

He had just buried the hatchet with Vince and over the weekend Jake The Snake. WHat a shock

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 BkqnaCqIEAAuaIi
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:26 am

R.I.P. 

Shocking. My wife's going to be disappointed. She was always a big fan of his.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:43 am

Addy wrote:
He looks rough and Ive read so many things saying hes barely in health to compete in the ring, he pretty much makes a few appearances a year all around Wrestlemania time he always has 1 match and he always wins. Its to the point where its no longer mysterious because you know whoever is fighting the taker at Wrestlemania is gonna lose.

And if he agreed to have his streak broken, it is not gonna be by someone like Brock Lesnar a guy he has issues with

As far as I know they agreed before the match to have the streak broken. I just hope he is in good enough health to have a supposed match with Sting at Mania 31.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:44 am

Sting VS Kane in WCW. Recently found this, pretty cool

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:11 am

R.I.P. The Ultimate Warrior.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 am

I read where Warrior just signed a multi-year contract with WWE too. Would've been nice to see what he would have done. Time to induct Savage in 2015.... Another one we lost too soon. I wonder what happened with Warrior but I suspect maybe his heart. We'll see as details unfold. I remember just the other night watching RAW and thinking it was good to see him back shaking the ropes. Love that old school theme music too.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:50 am

According to TMZ, law enforcement officials that spoke to witnesses have stated that "clutched his chest" moments before he collapsed. Reports are that Warrior was walking down a hallway at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ and headed toward his car with his wife. AT one point he clutched his chest and then fell to the floor, and never recovered.

No official cause of death has been revealed, with officials noting that Warrior "catastrophic medical event," likely a heart attack. At this time, there is no sign that drugs or alcohol had anything to do with his death. The death is being investigated, and they are planning to do an autopsy and toxicology tests to confirm the cause of death.
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/319031/UPDATEDx5:-Ultimate-Warrior-Dead-At-54.htm#yVtd8sAgCRE2APyE.99
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:12 pm

RIP Warrior.

Just about everyong Hogan beat back in the day is dead - Warrior, Yoko, Savage, Big John Studd, etc..

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 am

It's always sad watching old stuff and counting the number of guys who are no longer alive.  Really depressing.  RIP The Ultimate Warrior.  Had the best entrance ever and the best call of Vince McMahon whenever he would say his name.  Was a fan of the UW dating back to his time in WCCW as the Dingo Warrior.  Horrible how many of those guys in that promotion are no longer with us too.  I may be the only one, but did I ever love 1986 World Class.  Probably even more than the glory days they had.  Was so excited when he came to the WWF.  More than even Hogan, for me he represented 80's WWF.  I'd still rank his match at SummerSlam 89 as one of my top five favorites of all time.

Here's a picture I took when he first came to the WWF.  It was at a taping for Saturday Night's Main Event at the old Capital Centre.  
WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 <a href=WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Unname36" />
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:10 am

This was shocking news indeed. I had all these feelings from watching Wrestlemania and all of them just became moot. WM was a show, Warrior was a human being. Yeah, one who made a lot of mistakes but who hasn't (I sure as hell know I have) but he mended the bridges he burned and was ready to make a come back of sorts (obviously not an in ring one) and this happens. Very sad news.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

Well...the earth just shattered.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:22 am

DallasBlack wrote:
This was shocking news indeed. I had all these feelings from watching Wrestlemania and all of them just became moot. WM was a show, Warrior was a human being. Yeah, one who made a lot of mistakes but who hasn't (I sure as hell know I have) but he mended the bridges he burned and was ready to make a come back of sorts (obviously not an in ring one) and this happens. Very sad news.

R.I.P.

Right after I posted that, I watched the Hulu version of Raw and got to hear the last words the Warrior ever said in public. It was extremely eerie as it sounded like he knew his time was up. Anybody who found out about his passing after that speech should revisit it. Very spooky.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Yeah, I thought the same thing; talking about his legacy and stuff. The word "prescient" comes to mind.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 am

Speaking of Taker's streak, I read that Vince made the decision that it should end. So probably HHH, Steph were the only other ones that knew. From what it said Taker did not protest at all. Personally, I was pulling for Brock but I have always been hoping someone would break the streak. I was really hoping Sting would've signed with WWE much earlier so he would get a shot at it.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:54 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Addy wrote:
He looks rough and Ive read so many things saying hes barely in health to compete in the ring, he pretty much makes a few appearances a year all around Wrestlemania time he always has 1 match and he always wins. Its to the point where its no longer mysterious because you know whoever is fighting the taker at Wrestlemania is gonna lose.

And if he agreed to have his streak broken, it is not gonna be by someone like Brock Lesnar a guy he has issues with

As far as I know they agreed before the match to have the streak broken. I just hope he is in good enough health to have a supposed match with Sting at Mania 31.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard Sting was gonna wreslte Taker at WM I would have enough money to literally buy a box set of some kind Smile I wouldnt mind seeing it happen because I am a HUGE Sting fan I mean if Sting vs HHH ever happened I love Trips but Id be rooting for Sting. SO yeah if it happens at WM 31 I want a Sting Victory I would be very surprised if Taker wrestled again as I said before he only has 1 match a year which is WM and it was to defend the streak. Streak's over so I wonder what is he fighting for now?

I know it was decided that Lesnar would be the one who broke the streak. I just wish it was a wrestler who had more credibility and respect and time in the WWE.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 am

So I went ahead and ordered the Network.  Years back someone gave me an Apple TV and since it has only been gathering dust I figured now was as good a time as any to put it to some use.  I highly recommend the Network.  It's pretty damn great.  

I really was only interested in the old stuff but funny they sucked me into some recent things.  When did wrestling become more like the wrestling I loved again?  Wrestlemania XXX was all kinds of great.  Also watched NXT : The Arrival and that was also incredible.  Those shows made me an instant fan of people.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 pm

jstate wrote:
So I went ahead and ordered the Network.  Years back someone gave me an Apple TV and since it has only been gathering dust I figured now was as good a time as any to put it to some use.  I highly recommend the Network.  It's pretty damn great.  

I really was only interested in the old stuff but funny they sucked me into some recent things.  When did wrestling become more like the wrestling I loved again?  Wrestlemania XXX was all kinds of great.  Also watched NXT : The Arrival and that was also incredible.  Those shows made me an instant fan of people.

I am still really enjoying the Network. I think it's money well spent and they add content to it constantly.

Also, myself and 3 friends watched WMXXX on the Network and for pregame we watched WCW Halloween Havoc from 1989. We also had a large sheet of prop bets for both PPVs - such as - will Terry Funk brand anybody, how many times will Hogan say Brother, will the Spanish announce table be broken and if so during what match? It was a hoot. We plan to do the same thing for Summerslam.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:03 pm

jstate wrote:
When did wrestling become more like the wrestling I loved again?

Since HHH has taken more and more control. Since Vince has stepped down and stopped pushing his fetish for big guys, things have gotten better. The fans have more to do with it than anything else. The original plan was for Batista to make a big come back and Daniel Bryan was going back to the mid-card. However, fan reaction at the Royal Rumble changed that. DB and Bray put on one of the best, most intense matches in many years. When Cena and Orton followed, both guys got booed out of the building. After such an exciting match nobody was in the mood for Orton vs. Cena IX. Luckily both guys uped their game but still couldn't touch the amazing match before it. During the RR, everybody was expecting DB to be the final entrant and when Rey Misterio was revealed instead, the fans booed for almost the entire rest of the event. Rey, one of the most popular stars got the hell booed out of him. There was a small pop for Roman Reigns but once he was eliminated, the boos intensified and when Batista won, they reached a fever pitch. After that Batista earned the name Bootista and had to be changed to a heel (when he was supposed to be a popular returning face). The rest was as you saw it at WW30.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 12:30 am

Ummm, have you seen the most recent pics of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes?

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 XTIaH82Z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: