Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:21 pm

I stopped when WWE went to a "PG format". I mean what kind of "hell" is a Hell In The Cell match when there's no blood? That HHH/Lesnar no DQ match was supposed to be a blood feud except for one thing, no blood. They don't have to blade in every match but matches like no DQ, cage matches, Hell In The Cell, street fights, etc. have to have blood or they become meaningless IMO.

The last PPV I got was an ECW one when Heyman still ran it. Those were the days...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Extreme Rules
Elimination Chamber
Tables, Ladders, & Chairs

All PPVs that are worthless without blood. The only exception being the Extreme Rules that had Lesnar vs. Cena as there WAS blood in that one (unintentional, but still present). The debate on Cena winning that one still continues, but it was quite a violent and entertaining match. Personally, I was OK with Cena's win though he barely sold the match after it was over (but again Cena always sucks when it comes to selling after his matches).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Extreme Rules
Elimination Chamber
Tables, Ladders, & Chairs

All PPVs that are worthless without blood. The only exception being the Extreme Rules that had Lesnar vs. Cena as there WAS blood in that one (unintentional, but still present). The debate on Cena winning that one still continues, but it was quite a violent and entertaining match. Personally, I was OK with Cena's win though he barely sold the match after it was over (but again Cena always sucks when it comes to selling after his matches).
Yep. The most entertaining thing I've seen on WWE lately was the accidental busting open of Lesnar's head by HHH on Raw. It just made the whole segment so much more intense.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Watching Raw right now and I'm reminded about a comment that I agree wholeheartedly with by Mark Madden:

Quote :
Big E. Langston is showing too much ass and AJ not enough.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:40 am

Interesting list from WWE.com:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/50-greatest-wcw-stars

I agree with a lot of it but some was utter BS. Dennis Rodman? The only wrestling list he should make worst run in wrestling (along with David Arquette, Jay Leno, & Master P). Also Jeff Jarrett being #50 is utterly ridiculous. I know a lot of people never liked Double J, but you weren't supposed to. He was supposed to be a cocky, stuck-up, cheating SOB and he played the part perfectly. The guy could actually wrestle and was an actual athlete (not a glorified bodybuilder). He certainly belongs higher on the list than Rodman or Juventud Guerrera (and I like Juvenstooge-what Jericho called him). The only reason he was placed like he was is because he left on bad terms and is one of the heads of WWE's only competitor (though not even close to the level of WWE).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:16 pm

I agree with their #1 pick
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:52 am

Chris Benoit never existed & neither did any of his matches

Where was Mean Gene, Disco Inferno, & Norman F'N Smiley?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I would have placed Flair at number one but I'm not gonna argue with Sting. Both are legends deserving of the top spot.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:50 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Those last two are a joke, right? Might as well ask what about Glacier, The Yeti, Ralphus, and Alex Wright. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:41 am

DallasBlack wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Those last two are a joke, right? Might as well ask what about Glacier, The Yeti, Ralphus, and Alex Wright. Laughing

Was it Smiley & Ralphus who did the bit where they were roaming some suburban neighborhood, beat up a bunch of random backyard-fed kids & "won" their belt? Or was it Jericho?

An unfettered Vince Russo sh1tting the bed creatively should have a spot in there.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:40 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:

Was it Smiley & Ralphus who did the bit where they were roaming some suburban neighborhood, beat up a bunch of random backyard-fed kids & "won" their belt? Or was it Jericho?

An unfettered Vince Russo sh1tting the bed creatively should have a spot in there.

You are correct:

Quote :
Smiley feuded with Brian Knobs, Meng and Terry Funk during his tenures as WCW Hardcore Champion, recruiting Chris Jericho's former associate Ralphus to be his manager. With the assistance of Ralphus, he stole a backyard wrestling championship from a group of children during a vignette

I was in the Navy in 1999 so missed a lot of that era. I remember Smiley acting really fruity as a face and as a heel being afraid to get hit. From what I understand though, I'm glad. The last two years of WCW, 1999 & 2000, was full of some of the worst crap wrestling had to offer. From all that I've read from that time, it makes the current WWE seem high class. My last memory of when I was watching WCW, was the infamous "finger poke of doom". I was so pissed off that I swore never to watch it again. The next time I saw WCW, it was the day Shane "stole" the company from Vince.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:29 pm

On Monday Night Raw, Cole once again called a german suplex a throw. Every german and belly-to-belly suplex gets called a throw by him (he did it throughout the Lesnar/HHH match at WM). While technically it is a throw, a wrestler commentator should call moves by their proper name and everytime Cole does that I feel like yelling at the screen. Just like when he says "vintage" even for wrestlers who've only been around a year or so.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:03 am

The WWE Still around? just kidding
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:45 pm

WWE is in town tonight for the PPV tomorrow.

Mick Foley and the Bella Twins were signing autographs and taking pictures before the game with fans for an hour and a half. Foley took batting practice and David Freese, in critiquing his swing said "It's better than mine right now". Tomorrow afternoon Chris Jericho is throwing out the first pitch.
STL is a HUGE wrestling town.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Check this out. If this guy doesn't make the Rams squad I bet WWE would be interested in him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-lot-roster-room-6-foot-10-403-174026161.html

Make him a heel and team him up with Mark Henry.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:48 pm

We've lost another one. This time to cancer:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/272959-former-wcw-star-hector-garza-passes-away-at-age-43

RIP
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Interesting list from WWE.com:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/50-greatest-wcw-stars

I have to quote it
The Top 10 is a bit ridiculous. Ricky Steamboat belongs easily in the Top 10, his long feud against Flair is unforgettable. Also the Great Muta should be there, he was around in the late 80's, early 90's, his feud against Sting was awesome. Later he was around with the Dark Carnival Stable.
The list was propably made by someone who only followed the WCW from 1994 forwards on, heard that Sting was a great Star and Luger had this shocking Nitro Debut/Return and Booker T would nowhere be near the Top 10, he was the token black guy who was used to avoid 2 lawsuits (in the mid 90's and later when Sonny Siaki sued them for racism.
Overall Flair should be Nr. 1 because he was around all the time and made even the most stupid storylines from Russo (Flair in the assylum) storyline work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:22 am

Mark Starr, a wrestler maybe some of you remember when he teamed with Chris Kanyon as Men at Work in WCW back in the 90s, died of a heart attack. Mark was the brother of Chris Champion of the 80s team the New Breed. Always thought he was underrated as well as his brother and Kanyon. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:45 pm

When I saw the New Breed way back when I was convinced they were going to be the biggest thing in tag team wrestling. That was doubled when I saw them live and everyone went crazy for them. I actually became a big fan of Chris Champion based on that but was pretty much regulated to reading about his Memphis stuff in the magazines or catching what I could on Pro Wrestling This Week (which in order to get I had to hold the rabbit ears in my hand and wave around to get the Virginia station that carried it). The magazines used to make a big deal of his team with Mark Starr as Wildside. They both had the look of stars. Memphis was such a cool wrestling place. RIP
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Memphis was a very cool wrestling place. I lived in Jackson, TN (about 50 miles from Memphis) from 1989 to 1991 and just the live in-studio wrestling show every Saturday morning on WMC puts to shame anything WWE has put on the air in years.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 am

On my first trip cross country we stopped in Memphis. Everyone else went to Graceland while I went to WMC Channel 5 (got to meet Dave Brown!) and the Mid-South Coliseum. This was long after the glory years but damn it was cool to take in both. The impression I got from the TV Studio was they had a lot of people like me come through. The amazing thing to me was how small it looked in person - it was set-up for a cooking show when I rolled through. A ton of wrestling history in those places. Even the run-down Coliseum still seemed special. If only I could have also gotten to the Sportatorium in Dallas also.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 am

Dave Brown, the only wrestling announcer/local news weatherman combination in history! It was great when severe weather rolled through the area during the live Saturday wrestling show. Dave would go from interviewing wrestlers to pointing out storm fronts on a map.

He and Lance Russell made a great announce team.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:51 am

I've been watching quite a bit of Memphis wresting as of late.  Watching matches with the likes of Billy Joe Travis, Badd Company, the RPMs and Tracey Smothers.  Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Where are you watching this????  I ordered a DVD from Cory Macklin of Memphis wrestling a while back and it was old videotaped matches transcribed to DVD.  The whole Andy Kauffman saga in Memphis is classic!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Youtube.  Cory Macklin?  He was a announcer for years in Memphis wasn't he?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: