Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Ya know, watching this opening schpiel from Cena at the top of Raw has made me realize I'm actually hoping Cena wins. It irritates me that a part-time wrestler who only shows up a couple times a year and currently has 3 movies out (hence the reason I think he's guaranteed to lose at WW) is the champion.

I can't stand Cena but the guy shows up every week, does house shows and evidently is big on the Make A Wish Foundation's list so that trumps Rock's tired old schtick in my book, especially since the guy is a part-time wrestler at best.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
Ya know, watching this opening schpiel from Cena at the top of Raw has made me realize I'm actually hoping Cena wins. It irritates me that a part-time wrestler who only shows up a couple times a year and currently has 3 movies out (hence the reason I think he's guaranteed to lose at WW) is the champion.

I can't stand Cena but the guy shows up every week, does house shows and evidently is big on the Make A Wish Foundation's list so that trumps Rock's tired old schtick in my book, especially since the guy is a part-time wrestler at best.

I feel the same way. Quite frankly, I thing Cena should have won the first time. I also think Rock shouldn't have won his first match against CM Punk. Say what you will about Punk, not only like Cena, he's there every week. The man has been working through several injuries but you can barely tell. Before his heel turn he was rivaling Cena for merchandise sales and is constantly adding new stuff to his repitoire. His long title reign should have given him at least one victory while Rock took the second. What does it say for your top two current stars (Cena and Punk) who couldn't beat a man long past his prime from the previous era? His first match with Cena had him breathing heavily and weezing like me climbing a large flight of stairs yet he still beat him.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 am

I gotta agree with the mentality of Cena and Punk, not much of a fan of either of them but you have to admit Cena is a workhorse when it comes to this business. And that fact alone you gotta respect that.

I was reading that its going to be Stephanie inducting Trish Stratus in the WWE Hall of Fame, That I find disappointing I really think it should be Lita. I think that would have been perfect.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Quote :
What does it say for your top two current stars (Cena and Punk) who couldn't beat a man long past his prime from the previous era

I've always hated that about all celebrity involvement in wrestling (the lone exception being Andy Kaufman). Also won't there be more money in The Rock chasing the title rather than just coming in and beating people? Seems like a more interesting story that way too. I'll say this for the Rock though, he must really love it or have bad management because the risk of injury seems too great to throw away a movie career.

So I just got the Bret Hart release on blu-ray. The Dynamite Cap Center match is still one of my all-time favorites. I also really like the commentary Bret does in setting up the matches. Guy is one reflective/introspective dude. Makes me want to finally crack open his book.

One thing I noticed in the Islanders match was the way Bret would seek approval from the crowd despite being a "bad guy" and then point out if somebody was cheering for them. Caused me to dig up this from September 1987 at the Cap Center.....
[img]WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Photo-63[/img]
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:54 pm

F*ck WWE.com, they can kiss my fu*king ass. I order WrestleMania every stinking year, it's a yearly ritual for me. I order online to avoid letting my dad know (who despises wrestling and doesn't like me spending money on stuff). However, the PPV would not play on any of my computers (keep getting a message about it not being availiable) and I've had to go ahead and order on cable (missing almost the entire first match). Now not only can't I get a hold of them to get a refund, apparently, once the PPV starts, no refunds are allowed. I'm essentially paying for the PPV twice because of their crappy website and inability to contact them. This has become one sh*tty and expensive WrestleMania Sundays. This show better deliver or it's just another turd in the punchbowl.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
F*ck WWE.com, they can kiss my fu*king ass. I order WrestleMania every stinking year, it's a yearly ritual for me. I order online to avoid letting my dad know (who despises wrestling and doesn't like me spending money on stuff). However, the PPV would not play on any of my computers (keep getting a message about it not being availiable) and I've had to go ahead and order on cable (missing almost the entire first match). Now not only can't I get a hold of them to get a refund, apparently, once the PPV starts, no refunds are allowed. I'm essentially paying for the PPV twice because of their crappy website and inability to contact them. This has become one sh*tty and expensive WrestleMania Sundays. This show better deliver or it's just another turd in the punchbowl.
Precisely why I gave up on PPVs several years ago; the customer service royally sucks.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Precisely why I gave up on PPVs several years ago; the customer service royally sucks.

Yeah, however, WrestleMania is just something I haven't missed since 2003 so I'm almost compelled to get it. I've tried to catch the PPVs for free but they always end up opening my computer to viruses. Everytime in the past I've tried to stream for free, I've had to do a system restore to rid me of an invading virus.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Still can't get the PPV to respond on my computer. By all rights I should get a refund or a credit from them as ordering online is done with expectations of being able to watch the show. It's not just my laptop either as I can't get any response from my main computer either (and I've tried both Internet Explorer AND Google Chrome) so I know for a fact the problem is with their end. I'm going to try again later when the website responds, but I have a feeling I'm just going to have to count my losses and eat up the cost.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Well, while not worth paying for it twice, Wrestelmania has turned out pretty good. Punk vs. Taker and HHH vs. Lesnar have been very entertaining matches (and since I could accept any of the participants winning their matches, the endings don't bother me). The only ending that better meet expectations is Cena vs. Rock. Cena better win or become a heel if he loses. Any result beyond that is unacceptable to me as a WWE wrestling fan (a fandom that shrinks by the day).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Well, in an utterly boring match, Cena beat The Rock. Now Dwayne can crawl back to Hollywood and I can go back to feeling nothing for Cena's character. Now WWE has to either concentrate on their current roster or coax Steve Austin back as no other part-timers can give them the cheap financial gains they love so much.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 pm

I read the reviews and this thing sounds like it was a bomb. Every single result was predictable, there were no surprises at all, and the theme of the night apparently was "every guy must kick out of his opponent's finisher". Not to mention that the 4 hour running time was padded out by showing 3 different video packages of Cena/Rock yet they cut the mixed tag match due to time constraints. Not that that match would have been much anyway but if I had bought the PPV, I'm pretty sure I would have been familiar with the whole Cena/Rock issue.

Blecch.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:56 pm

I ordered the SHIMMER 53 IPPV and did not care about WM, as I lost most interest in WWE a long time ago.

It was Shimmer's first live Internet PPV and took place in Seacaucus, NJ. and it was as good as their dvd's from the past five years.
The main event was a cage match, but wasn't as hot as all the other ones.

There were a few real surprises throughout the PPV which for a lot of the live crowd there probably didn't know, as I even didn't even know who it was at first, if there wasn't colour commentary, and awesome moves that happened so quick and changing the outcome of a match in a split second.
I do not want to give any spoilers just yet in case anyone feels like ordering it, and doesn't want to wait the 6 months it takes for the dvd to come out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:39 am

tohostudios wrote:
I read the reviews and this thing sounds like it was a bomb. Every single result was predictable, there were no surprises at all, and the theme of the night apparently was "every guy must kick out of his opponent's finisher". Not to mention that the 4 hour running time was padded out by showing 3 different video packages of Cena/Rock yet they cut the mixed tag match due to time constraints. Not that that match would have been much anyway but if I had bought the PPV, I'm pretty sure I would have been familiar with the whole Cena/Rock issue.

Blecch.

Cena/Rock was nothing but repetitive. The first half was filled with rest periods and the last half was nothing but rock bottoms and attitude adjustments. Then there was over 20 minutes of P Diddy (which I muted throughout) where they could have had some of the matches. On the bright side, Living Color actually performed Punk's music so there was at least some music performance that I could actually enjoy. Yeah, the matches were all predictable except Ryback vs. Henry and most think it was not supposed to happen like it did. It was probably one of the worst WrestleManias. I enjoyed the Punk/Taker and HHH/Lesnar matches but neither were all time greats. I'm not bothered though because after shelling out $120, there was no way it would have been worth it even if it turned out to be a blockbuster WrestleMania. What even makes me angrier, was when I was reading people's thoughts on the show, several people talked about how they watched it for free. How in the hell are they able to see these shows online for free when I couldn't even watch it online for $60?! Of course the paying for it twice was mostly my fault. I really should have just forgotten my tradition of always watching WrestleMania when the website shut me out.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:48 pm

I honestly think that WM should go the way of the dodo I mean if the Taker is involved you know its an automatic win for him cuz of his streak. I knew Triple H was gonna win because he lost last time he went against Brock. (Which Im glad Triple H did win) I knew Cena was gonna win cuz the Rock's making movies and is a part timer. I miss the stables and the drawn out plots during the monday night wars.

I really think at least right now the SL in TNA are better.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 pm

I watched Raw last night and with Barrett winning back the IC title and Ziggler finally cashing in his MitB to take the World title off of Del Rio (who I still can't take seriously as a face), I found Raw much more interesting than what I read about WM.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:24 am

I dont watch RAW anymore because its so boring when I did watch it was for background noise
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Quote :
I'm not bothered though because after shelling out $120, there was no way it would have been worth it even if it turned out to be a blockbuster WrestleMania

Damn PPVs have gone up quite a bit. Did you at least get a refund for the online viewing? At that price I'd be demanding a refund and something for my trouble too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Somebody in the SFX department of WWE is SO fired:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/triple-h-suffered-second-degree-burns-during-dry-201702028.html

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Damn ! And he finished the match ? Amazing
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 pm

He didn't even flinch! Wow, new-found respect for him.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
He didn't even flinch! Wow, new-found respect for him.

For Brock too. After suffering a concussion from a knee by HHH that knocked him out cold, he continued the match (and that happened pretty early in the match.

As for a refund, I have sent an e-mail to them. I will see what the reply is, if any.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 am

007 wrote:
Damn ! And he finished the match ? Amazing

He did that when he tore his quad years ago too. and when interviewed about it, the thought of stopping the match never once popped into Triple H's mind either.

Last edited by Addy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:22 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
I'm not bothered though because after shelling out $120, there was no way it would have been worth it even if it turned out to be a blockbuster WrestleMania

Damn PPVs have gone up quite a bit. Did you at least get a refund for the online viewing? At that price I'd be demanding a refund and something for my trouble too.

They won't do a refund. When you order the PPV online you get to go back and re-watch it a few days later so they just extended the time to make up for their technical problems. I should have just waited and avoided watching Raw and reading wrestling news until I was able to watch it. I have nothing to blame but my impatient nature. My thought process at the time was if I asked for a refund quickly enough it would be granted so I ordered on cable. I've learned a lesson, an expensive one, but a lesson nonetheless. I've just GOT to find a way to see these for free (without endangering my computer). So many other people seem to have found the way.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:54 am

I can take comfort that I wasn't the only person hosed by WWE.com:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/270961-wwe-not-issuing-refunds-to-all-customers-who-had-wmania-issues-wwe-returning-to-taiwan

Unfortunatly, with me becoming an over the road truck driver. If I want to see a PPV, WWE.com is my only way. However, if they don't start improving the product, I may just limit myself to reading results anyways.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 pm

I personally wouldn't give them another dime since you paid to watch a live PPV and through no fault of yours they didn't deliver. Pretty crappy way to treat costumers who are doing the right thing by not streaming or downloading the shows.

Been well over a decade since I've ever gotten a PPV but one of the factors in me stopping was that it seemed like the very next night they would have the same match again on Raw and often times it was a better match. I also hated when all the skits and such started taking up the match time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: