Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+28
akeldama
AmongTheRest
metalinmyveins
Hamer12
SpectreFate
DeathCult
sheets
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Joe
James B.
Required Fields
jstate
Hadley
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
Andy
mikeinfla
Addy
Ricky
CRIMSONMASK
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
ShadowAngel
tohostudios
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 pm

That's it!

We start Raw off with Cole "interviewing" Cena.

Bring on MLB Network and I don't care who's playing!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
That's it!

We start Raw off with Cole "interviewing" Cena.

Bring on MLB Network and I don't care who's playing!

Thats why I DVR it so I can fastforward thru all the crap and watch about 15 minutes of the matches.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Quote :
Looks like Ritchie Steamboat is wrestling dark matches as the son of Legend Ricky Steamboat

I wish Randy Savage had had a son and he too went into wrestling. Is this the son that he used to bring to the ring for those matches with Flair? Man do I feel old suddenly. If he is half as great as his father he'll be pretty damn good.

However he got the job, I thought Virgil was pretty great in his role as the bodyguard who always got beat up. Once he became a regular wrestler it all went down hill. Never quite got the shot at Dusty with the name. Akeem the African Dream, I got. It always surprised me (the polka dots notwithstanding) when Dusty finally came to the WWF that he won most of his matches/feuds. You would've thought coming up with two characters to embarrass Rhodes would've meant he would have been losing every match since here was the real thing to embarrass.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:58 pm

I needed to cleanse my eyes after watching Raw last night so I dug out my Rise & Fall Of ECW disc. Man, what a difference! I go from John Cena vs Michael Cole to Terry Funk vs Sabu!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

Would love the see the Funkster (NOT B. Clay) take Cena to school.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 am

I took my 9 yr old nephew to the Smackdown taping in Columbia, SC last night. Biggest pops of the show were for three non-wrestlers-Arn Anderson refereed post show cage match between Shamus(sp?) & Kane, HHH random run-in/Pedigree on Drew McIntyre, & Booker T. Best match of the night was the NXT main event tag match of Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel vs Heath Slater/some jabroni. Not a lot of starpower on Smackdown these days, felt like an OVW show with some WWE stars. The place was about 1/3 full, which worked out for us as our seats got upgraded to fill the hard-camera side. Some random thoughts:

Nikita Koloff>Goldberg>Ryback

Drew McIntyre carried(literally) Sin Cara, who blew EVERY spot he tried

Too many rehash of 90's gimmicks: Hunico-Konan, Yoshi-Muta, Broadus Clay-Flash Funk, Rikishi, Too Cool, PN News, take your pick. They even had a rehash of the Genius Lanny Poffo beat up Hornswaggle.

Every time they showed a promo for the new ECW DVD, which I bought, they just demonstrated how lame their product is these days. Too bad Heyman & Bischoff ran their promotions into the ground thru financial incompetence & TNA has become the Hogan Show, because Vince needs a serious kick in the ass.

Overall I thought the show sucked, but I'm probably not the target audience. My nephew, who I'm pretty sure is the target audience, loved the show, which in the end is the important part. At least I got the ECW DVD out of it. headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Let us know how that ECW DVD is. Like is it edited down to current PG standards? Is Joey Styles on commentary? Are any non-WWE wrestlers who were part of ECW on it?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Let us know how that ECW DVD is. Like is it edited down to current PG standards? Is Joey Styles on commentary? Are any non-WWE wrestlers who were part of ECW on it?

It's a 3-disc set, with 7 hrs of "footage". The description on back says Joey is providing "updated" commentary. No booklet or anything, but it lists Sabu/Taz from Barely Legal, RVD/Jerry Lynn from TV. & Dreamer winning the belt from Taz. I'll give a match list & review once I get a chance to digest it all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Cool. I have WWE's Rise & Fall Of ECW and the bonus disc of matches just reminds me how great ECW was. Another reason I was leery about picking up this new one is that I want to know how many of the matches I already have on this set are on the new one.

The other observation I have when watching ECW matches is how sad it is that many of the wrestlers have passed away.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, the list of wresters who have died in the 20+ years of wrestling is staggering:

Curt Hennig
Big Boss Man
Bam Bam Bigelow
Andre The Giant
Earthquake
Chris Benoit
Woman
Sensational Sherri
Luna Vachon
The Renegade
Hawk
Bobby Duncum Jr.
Louie Spicolli
Eddie Guererro
Test
Bryan Adams
Umaga
Dr. Death
Lou Albano
Steven Dunn
Bad News Brown
Mike Awesome
Chis Candido
Public Enemy (both members)
Hercules
Crash Holly
Miss Elizabeth
British Bulldog
Owen Hart
Big Dick Dudley
Dino Bravo
Jeep Swenson
Chris Adams
Big Bertha Faye
Yokozuna
Rick Rude
Brian Pillman
Big John Studd
Eddie Gilbert
Kerry Von Eric
Terry Gordy

and several others who I never got to see wrestle. Unfrotunatly, I see Scott Hall making this list in the not to distant future.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Right now I'm watching the "documentary" DVD about ECW and only about 1/3 through I've already seen interviews and or matches involving:

Public Enemy
Eddie Guerrero
Woman
Chris Benoit
Sherri Martel
Bam Bam Bigelow (tossing Spike Dudley into the audience who crowd-surf him around; classic ECW moment)

...and that's in just about an hour of viewing. Considering this disc is about 3 hours long, sadly that list is likely to grow

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Right now I'm watching the "documentary" DVD about ECW and only about 1/3 through I've already seen interviews and or matches involving:

Public Enemy
Eddie Guerrero
Woman
Chris Benoit
Sherri Martel
Bam Bam Bigelow (tossing Spike Dudley into the audience who crowd-surf him around; classic ECW moment)

...and that's in just about an hour of viewing. Considering this disc is about 3 hours long, sadly that list is likely to grow

If I'm correct, Mike Awesome is on that one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Public Enemy
Eddie Guerrero
Woman
Chris Benoit
Sherri Martel

If I'm correct, Mike Awesome is on that one.
Yeah, I think he is.

I've watched this set before but it's been a while. After this last Monday's RAW debacle I needed to remind myself why I started watching profressional wrestling in the first place and figured my all time favorite company ECW was a good place to start.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 am

Don't forget John Kronus, 1/2 of the Eliminators with Perry Saturn, one of my fav tag-teams
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 am

Quote :

They should just have Nikita Koloff come out and sickle everyone in sight.

The list of dead wrestlers always makes me wonder about ever being a fan of it. Even more depressing knowing the families that got left behind. Tough watching old tapes and realizing how many died way before their time.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 am

[quote="jstate"]
Quote :

They should just have Nikita Koloff come out and sickle everyone in sight.

"I Will Break You, Ry-Berg!"

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 NikwYBG

Don't get me started on fantasy booking
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Ryback gets Goldberg chants but lets see some of those who Goldberg defeated early on:

Hugh Morous
William Reagal
Chris Jericho
The Barbarian
Meng
The Giant

Who has Ryback beaten:

Derrick Bateman
Camacho
Heath Slater
Arthur Rosenberg
Stan Stansky
Tony Andriotic
Kevin Mahoney

Heath is the only one with any fraction of credibilty.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Ryback gets Goldberg chants but lets see some of those who Goldberg defeated early on:

Hugh Morous
William Reagal
Chris Jericho
The Barbarian
Meng
The Giant

Who has Ryback beaten:

Derrick Bateman
Camacho
Heath Slater
Arthur Rosenberg
Stan Stansky
Tony Andriotic
Kevin Mahoney

Which only speaks to how clueless WWE creative is regarding how to get a new monster heel over.

The more I watch this ECW documentary again, the more I realize how little WWE cares about their fans now that they more or less have a monopoly on the business. This stuff ain't rocket science but when you have no real competition, where's the incentive to improve?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Hugh Morous
William Reagal
Chris Jericho
The Barbarian
Meng
The Giant

Who has Ryback beaten:

Derrick Bateman
Camacho
Heath Slater
Arthur Rosenberg
Stan Stansky
Tony Andriotic
Kevin Mahoney

Which only speaks to how clueless WWE creative is regarding how to get a new monster heel over.

The more I watch this ECW documentary again, the more I realize how little WWE cares about their fans now that they more or less have a monopoly on the business. This stuff ain't rocket science but when you have no real competition, where's the incentive to improve?

The biggest problem is all these Hollywood TV and movie writers doing the storylines. When you're a wrestling company but the writers know absolutly nothing about wrestling you're going to get the crap you do. Get Paul E. Dangerously on your writing staff or Jim Cornette (I'm sure Santino Marella has gotten over getting slapped and there is no more Boogeyman), someone who has some idea of what wrestling is about.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Hugh Morous
William Reagal
Chris Jericho
The Barbarian
Meng
The Giant

Who has Ryback beaten:

Derrick Bateman
Camacho
Heath Slater
Arthur Rosenberg
Stan Stansky
Tony Andriotic
Kevin Mahoney

The biggest problem is all these Hollywood TV and movie writers doing the storylines. When you're a wrestling company but the writers know absolutly nothing about wrestling you're going to get the crap you do. Get Paul E. Dangerously on your writing staff or Jim Cornette (I'm sure Santino Marella has gotten over getting slapped and there is no more Boogeyman), someone who has some idea of what wrestling is about.
Bingo! You need writers who understand wrestling psychology. Heyman is a genius at that. When the Big Two (WCW and WWE) started raiding the best performers from his company, what did he do? He brought in the luchadores and gave them a platform to display their abilities in the US.

That's "thinking on the fly" which is something I think the current WWE creative team knows nothing about because A) most are not really wrestling writers and B) WWE has no real competition so why put in the effort?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:14 pm

I haven't watched wrestling in a very long time (maybe 13 or 14 years) and have no idea who most of these guys you're all talking about are, but from the sounds of things,I'm glad I don't waste my time with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Yeah, the list of wresters who have died in the 20+ years of wrestling is staggering:

and several others who I never got to see wrestle. Unfrotunatly, I see Scott Hall making this list in the not to distant future.

I have to agree sadly
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am

TNA has announced plans for a Hall Of Lame I mean Fame. Rumored to be inducted:

Randy Savage
Sting
AJ Styles

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:52 am

Internet sites are reporting that CHRISTIAN will be at TNA's Slammiversary this weekend. In what capacity, I don't know but it is rumored he may be in their Hall Of Fame and might have been part of the deal with Rick Flair to appear at WWE's Hall Of Fame.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Last night I watched CZW-Scarred DVD from Netflix

Back in my tape collecting days, I picked up a good many of their shows from Smartmark. I'd forgotten how insane this smurf poo was. How nobody ever got killed amazes me. Light tubes, thumbtacks, & glass, Oh my! & let's not forget the weed-wacker. That's just the garbage wrestling. Add to that "Cruiserweight" matches that had guys doing 450s off of warehouse roofs & other madness I couldn't begin to describe and do justice. affraid Someone on Youtube said it made ECW look like Disnyland. That's not far off, minus any iota of psychology or match flow. If you like insane spotfests with lots of blood, check 'em out. If your more into the technical grappling of like Flair/Steamboat, run from this as fast as you can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: