Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012

Go down 
+39
Infinite
SideShowDisaSter
Gryphon-kl
Fat Freddy
Zdan
thejokeriv
Spiner202
Thrasher73
chewie
Andy
Nico
Leatherface
stepcousin
Sutekh
James B.
Schbopo
Witchfinder
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
manny
Wargod
nevermore
Required Fields
Wurthless
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
jstate
Olafsto
TheGreatDuck
Shiney
Alex Dee Rokket
tohostudios
Shawn Of Fire
metalken
Eyesore
exact33
snooloui
kmorg
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Stones - Rain fall Down (SACD)
Angels - Their Finest hour and then some
Kix - Cool Kids

You're just now picking up those Angels and Kix discs?????

Your glamocracy card is seriously in question...

the angels is a greatest hits there kemosabe. As for Kix - yeah, there is no excuse for that one...

I know that's an Angels GH you rookie! Let me guess, you're also missing their Liveline set?

Amateurs...

wow.... granpa is cranky tonight. Whats wrong? Your beer stash turn into pabst??

you and i might be the only two people on this board to have a complete studio album collection of the Angels and your calling me amateur??

Yep.

ok

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Normally I'm not a live album guy and I usually forego those albums, even from my favorite bands.

But this is my VERY favorite band so I have everything. I even have Doc Neeson's Red Phoenix disc (don't bother, it's not very good).

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Normally I'm not a live album guy and I usually forego those albums, even from my favorite bands.

But this is my VERY favorite band so I have everything. I even have Doc Neeson's Red Phoenix disc (don't bother, it's not very good).

I really like The Angels. I am glad you said something about them. I think their first 5 albums are great.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I really like The Angels. I am glad you said something about them. I think their first 5 albums are great.

Sorry, didn't mean to piss off The King.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to piss off The King.

?

I wasnt mad at all. I was trying to play along...

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:17 am

The Sacrificed-III
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Various Artists - Leppardmania: A Tribute To Def Leppard

Ohhh, haven't listened to that one in awhile. Pretty straight-forward covers if I remember. I need to bust that one and all those Cleopatra tribute albums out again. I got quite a few of them.
I heard it long ago and wasn't impressed. This copy was $1.99, so I bought it. Still not impressed. Some covers are good—John Corabi doing "Wasted," Steve Whiteman doing "Foolin'"—but I'd say more than half are pretty weak.

Have you heard Tributized? I really dig that one.

I have not. I've seen it around, but one Def Leppard tribute album is enough for me. Laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:50 am

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
That Asphalt Ballet is one of the most underappreciated albums from that era IMO. I think it's great.

Funny thing about opinions. I had that cd and thought it sucked but thought the follow-up was much better. In fact I still have Pigs, but the s/t has been long gone from my collection. Weird, ain't it? MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 472591

Anyhoo, moving on. Finally found something worthwhile in the FYE used bins this weekend...

Monster Magnet - Spine of God (original Caroline release)
Brother Cane - Brother Cane
Pariah - To Mock A Killing Bird (in the used section, but still sealed)
Kyuss - Wretch
Halfway to Gone - High Five

I have Pigs as well but I thought that one was trying to be grungy. Never listen to it. But the S/T gets spun several times a year.

I like that Brother Cane S/T too. I don't think they ever quite matched that one.

The Brother Cane cd was kind of a blind purchase. I think I had their debut years ago and then got rid of it, I couldn't remember. But I needed one more used cd at FYE to get the discount price, so I thought I'd give that one a shot. It's not bad, but I don't know that I'll listen to it that much.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:40 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 51HXWFXFXHL._SL500_AA300_

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 51HXWFXFXHL._SL500_AA300_

I prefer "Garden Of Unearthly Delights" and "The Guessing Game", but there is some chunky goodness on The VII Coming.

I really like the song "Skullflower". "Aphrodite Winter" sounds a little bit like The Guessing Game. There are quite a few rather uninspired tracks though, one of their weaker releases overall...but even lesser Cathedral albums are enjoyable to a certain degree.

Last edited by S.D. on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Foo Fighters- The Colour and the Shape (bonus tracks)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Today:

Caliban - I Am Nemesis
Corrosion Of Conformity - Corrosion Of Conformity (w/Bonus Tracks)
Vengeance - Crystal Eye (w/Bonus Tracks)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Omen - Battle Cry

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:54 pm

I bought Iced Earth-Dystopia for 5 bucks today.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:45 am

Anacrusis - Screams And Whispers (Metal Blade / Music For Nations)
Evildead - The Underworld (SPV / Steamhammer)
Hammer - Terror (Shark)

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Hammer - Terror (Shark)

Cool haul. Tell me how you like that Hammer CD - I really like and I generally do not like our polish thrash bands.

As for me:

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Texas Flood
Fight - A Small Deadly Space (japanese edition)
Fight - Into The Pit (3cd/1dvd boxset)
Corrosion Of Conformity - Corrosion Of Conformity (limited)
Corrosion Of Conformity - Animosity
Soulfly - Dark Ages
Attack - Destinies Of War (japanese sample CD with two bonus tracks)
Attack - The Secret Place (japanese CD)
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 am

Zdan wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Hammer - Terror (Shark)

Cool haul. Tell me how you like that Hammer CD - I really like and I generally do not like our polish thrash bands.

I used to own it before I sold the vast majority of my collection to pay for my move to Australia. Very Happy

I enjoy it quite a bit. I like how their sound borders on getting a bit wild at times. I also like how their singer goes all out! My favorite Polish bands are probably Turbo and Wolf Spider, but with Terror, Hammer stacks up quite favorably in my opinion.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Zdan wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Hammer - Terror (Shark)

I used to own it before I sold the vast majority of my collection to pay for my move to Australia. Very Happy

I enjoy it quite a bit. I like how their sound borders on getting a bit wild at times. I also like how their singer goes all out! My favorite Polish bands are probably Turbo and Wolf Spider, but with Terror, Hammer stacks up quite favorably in my opinion.

Turbo and Wolf Spider would probably the most popular out of the thrash metal wave here in Poland. If you can get your hands on some Astharoth try them too. A bit technical but good. As for the singer of Hammer - probably the best element about the band - really wild and ferocious vocals!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 am

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I prefer "Garden Of Unearthly Delights" and "The Guessing Game", but there is some chunky goodness on The VII Coming.

I really like the song "Skullflower". "Aphrodite Winter" sounds a little bit like The Guessing Game. There are quite a few rather uninspired tracks though, one of their weaker releases overall...but even lesser Cathedral albums are enjoyable to a certain degree.

I only got to spin it once, but first impression was that it's decent. Like you said, even lesser Cathedral albums have something to offer. I did really like "Skullflower"...I'll let it sink in over a few more spins.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 am

:cheese: FINALLY! My first new CD of 2012! :cheese:
Iron Maiden - COVERED IN BLOOD/MAIDEN JAPAN bootleg comp.

Thanx to DeathCult for the hookup!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 am

Holy crap...I have bought 55 CDs since Jan1

Shocked

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Shocked

You GO boy! That's more than I bought in all of last year!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Shocked

You GO boy! That's more than I bought in all of last year!!

I just didn't realize...I shocked myself.

I ran it on a spreadsheet...they average out at $5.64 each...

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Corrosion Of Conformity - Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Shocked
I've added 139.

Good lord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: