Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metalblog #2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Here is my 2nd installment of metalblog #2.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Right On ! you mentioned Bloodrock. How come nobody mentions Iron Butterfly ? "inna-godda-da-vida" was pretty darn heavy for 1968.

Looking forward to installment 3

Metalblog #2 Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Just started watching. The first song is Ravenlord by Mystic Prophecy.

EDIT: I finished watching. It was okay, I liked the music and all, but maybe there was too much name-dropping going on? Instead of mentioning a band called Jeronimo (with a J), could you say something interesting about them?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Lari wrote:

EDIT: I finished watching. It was okay, I liked the music and all, but maybe there was too much name-dropping going on? Instead of mentioning a band called Jeronimo (with a J), could you say something interesting about them?

He did state that somebody could visit YouTube and check out any/all bands he named dropped. What more can you ask for. For us old fogey's. the act of discovery for one's self is more rewarding/fun than anything somebody else could tell us.

Metalblog #2 Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm

James B. wrote:
Lari wrote:

He did state that somebody could visit YouTube and check out any/all bands he named dropped. What more can you ask for. For us old fogey's. the act of discovery for one's self is more rewarding/fun than anything somebody else could tell us.

Exactly, my point with my blog is to point out bands that were pioneers and get some obscure bands out there for you guys to check out. I'm limited to 15 mins on Youtube for time.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Speaking of radio stations, KSJO out of San Jose has since turned into a Spanish music station.

I still have the old KOME stickers on a set of speakers from a from the radio that I blasted that station, KSJO and cassettes.
Metalblog #2 Kome_d10

Metalblog #2 Ksjo-923
I found the KSJO one I used to have on the actual radio part of that portable system.

Some more older stuff that I need to look into ,now......... sweet!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm

chewie wrote:
Speaking of radio stations, KSJO out of San Jose has since turned into a Spanish music station.

Actually KSJO is a Chinese station now. After being latino/Mexincan they went through an Indy/Alternative spell for a while (2008-2009) before turning Chinese. The ultimate turncloak whores, hah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:33 pm

stormspell wrote:
chewie wrote:

Actually KSJO is a Chinese station now. After being latino/Mexincan they went through an Indy/Alternative spell for a while (2008-2009) before turning Chinese. The ultimate turncloak whores, hah!

REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!? WOW! Laughing

It sounds like it went through quite a few changes since I last tried to tune it in when I was visiting down there.

What part of San Jo are you from? I from ESJ and went to Independence High School.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Wargod, you got any more of these coming?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metalblog #2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metalblog #2   Metalblog #2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metalblog #2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Conversation Piece-
Jump to: