Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rebuilding...

Go down 
+2
Shiney
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 pm

Well, I lost about 45 to 50 cd's a few months back in a flood in my basement. My water line to the washing machine let go and my gym with my stereo and all of my cd's were in the next room. Needless to say, everything from T to Z was water damaged because they were on the bottom row of a five row rack and there was about a foot of water. I managed to salvage the cd's and they still work but all of the liner notes and jewel cases for Tesla through ZZTop were destroyed. I have started to rebuild and rebuy cuz I am a collector and must have the liner notes and stuff. I started with VH this weekend and will finish the rest of their catalogue this weekend since their stuff after 5150 goes for less than 5 bucks a piece where I live. Anyway, just wanted to share. Peace.
Back to top Go down

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 pm

That sucks!

Send me all your bare discs so I can trade them through lala. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Gave em away already, except for the stuff that's not easy to replace like TNT or Tora,Tora. I'll just leave those in the car to listen to until I can run across them relatively cheap. I probably should have joined LaLa with them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:44 pm

You should have! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Post a thread in the market section and list all the ones you're after....

Most of us plunder used shops, flea markets and pawn shops constantly and would most likely be happy to keep an eye out...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:48 pm

That sucks dude. I understand completly. I collect as well and damaged inserts and jewel cases are unacceptable. Good luck with the rebuild.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 am

send me a list of what you lost.. if i have any dupes or albums that i just don't like that you are missing, i'll send them to you (without case).

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:12 am

Yeah, what TNT albums do you need, bro. Myabe I can hook you up.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
Yeah, what TNT albums do you need, bro. Myabe I can hook you up.

TNT- Tell No Tales is the only cd I have of them cuz they just aren't in stores where I live. I have "Knights of the New Thunder" and "Tell no Tales" on cassette in one of my cars but like I said they are very rare around here.

BTW, thanks to all of you for the support. Most, if not all, is relatively easy to replace cheaply at stores around here because they are not really rare; ie; Tesla, Vanhalen, Thin Lizzy, White Lion, Whitesnake. So, it shouldn't be too bad, it's just a matter of time and money. Peace.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:59 am

OK, I'll grab some TNT for you next time I come across some

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:01 pm

man .. you know ... i have same afraid of Earth disasters !
what if ? and all of my collection, just disappear, dunno where ... and it took so loong, to collect all of them.
sorry i can't help. i'd like but ... EU is EU.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 5:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
OK, I'll grab some TNT for you next time I come across some

Thanks kmorg, it would be much appreciated!!! Very Happy As Magneto says: you are a god among men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rebuilding... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding...   Rebuilding... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebuilding...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: