Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beatles

Go down 
+28
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Boris2008
SpectreFate
corplhicks
Chrome Locust
Getizzyback
Ricky
Wurthless
stepcousin
chewie
Fat Freddy
akeldama
exact33
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
QuothTheRaven
mlotek
GrandNational
manny
James B.
Doomdance
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
ProgDoom
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ProgDoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:47 am

Do we have any fans? I have started listening to them just a few months ago. I think my favorite album they have is either Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or Let It Be. What's your favorite era of The Beatles? The early pop rock, the psychedelic rock, or the later classic rock?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm

im a fan
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 pm

The Beatles are my all time, #1, favorite band ever. My favorite albums are from Help! onwards, but I dig everything. Sgt Pepper, Let It Be and Revolver are my favorite albums, if pressed to choose.

The older I get, the deeper my fandom for The Beatles gets...brilliant, genius, ahead of their time and an influence on everything that came after them. Every form of modern music can be traced back to something The Beatles did.

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The older I get, the deeper my fandom for The Beatles gets...brilliant, genius, ahead of their time and an influence on everything that came after them. Every form of modern music can be traced back to something The Beatles did.

Truth

If you add Jimi Hendrix into the equation you definitely cover EVERYTHING that has happened since, without any artists ever equaling or surpassing The Beatles or Hendrix.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm

I've never collected the Beatles albums, as I only have their greatest hits '62-'66 and '67-'70, but that seems to suit me just fine. I am a pretty big fan of Paul's work with Wings as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Not a fan at all but I do like Wings.

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 pm

The Beatles are great, I enjoy all the music the've put out!
However I want to point out that imo Sgt. Pepper gets his *ss kicked by the phenomenal Pet Sounds by the mighty Beach Boys!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:12 pm

the Beatles and a good pair of headphones go hand in hand

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:30 pm

'Abbey Road' is my favorite Beatles album, it takes you on incredible musical journey
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 4:39 pm

The first two albums I ever bought on CD in my life were Rubber Soul and Revolver together at the Wherehouse when they still existed long time ago. Looking back, those two albums have influenced me more than I could have imagined because they are works way ahead of their time for what was out in 65/66 and they opened up a window for me to get into the music I like now.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Yes, one of the first bands I liked. It was hard not to, as they were always on the radio,..still are I guess? (I don't know, stopped listening to most music on the radio years ago.)
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Love the Beatles. Everything from Rubber Soul onward is my favorite era, but I love it all. I really love when they started to experiment in the studio. Proto-prog at its finest!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Love the Beatles. Everything from Rubber Soul onward is my favorite era, but I love it all. I really love when they started to experiment in the studio. Proto-prog at its finest!

Are you sure we're not related? They're my thoughts exactly! A hugely influential band in a number of ways -always happy to listen to them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Big fan here too. Started as a youngin, listening to my dad's old vinyls. Definately helped define my listening habits in later years. And now as an old man myself, I appreciate them more than ever.

The more I listen to the Beatles these days, the more I realize just how many other bands are not, no matter how hard they try.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big fan here too. Started as a youngin, listening to my dad's old vinyls. Definately helped define my listening habits in later years. And now as an old man myself, I appreciate them more than ever.

The more I listen to the Beatles these days, the more I realize just how many other bands are not, no matter how hard they try.

What amazes me as I get older, not only how great those songs are but how young they were when they were created, when the Beatles disbanded John Lennon who believe was the oldest was only 30 years old.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Not only young, but how much they acomplished in such a short amount of time. Look at how much they accomplished in a roughly 8 or 9 year span. And those last few years, just locked away in the studio, no touring or promotion. Pretty amazing.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not only young, but how much they acomplished in such a short amount of time. Look at how much they accomplished in a roughly 8 or 9 year span. And those last few years, just locked away in the studio, no touring or promotion. Pretty amazing.

Now adays it takes 4 to 5 years between albums, thank God they did not do that back then, The Doors and Jimi Hendrix would have only recorded one studio album if things were that way back then.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:23 pm

I like them. My dad has all their albums so I borrow em from time to time.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:40 pm

I like some songs but i think they are way way overrated.

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not a fan at all but I do like Wings.

Ditto...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:44 pm

I prefer the Rutles. Particularly the "Yellow Submarine Sandwich" and "Let it Rut" era.

The Beatles 220px-RutlesCD

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Songwriting of the caliber The Beatles put out is impossible to "over-rate".
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Songwriting of the caliber The Beatles put out is impossible to "over-rate".

This is very true!!!

I've always dug the Beatles.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:53 pm

"Overrated" seems to get thrown around allot these days, however the term does not apply to the Beatles as far as I'm concerned. They've earned every accolade that's ever been given to them.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm a huge Beatles fan. Right now I'm kind of taking a break from 'em because I go through phases where I am semi-obsessed with them and I'm kinda Beatled-out lately. I have tons of Beatles on vinyl (not hard to find) and I'm sure sometime soon break 'em out and start spinning 'em obsessively again.

and yes, they are awesome on headphones. Cool :flower: sunny afro sixties music rules.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Beatles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beatles   The Beatles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beatles
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next