Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

25 years ago today...

Go down 
+21
MEGATRON
mlotek
Mglaffas81
James B.
chewie
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Igor
jstate
speed101
The_Jayroh
Leatherface
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Wurthless
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
metalhead777
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

25 years ago today... Empty
PostSubject: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 pm

R.I.P. Cliff.

25 years ago today... 170px-Cliff_Burton_Memorial
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 pm

The major rager and the four string motherf***er!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking about this impending date over the last few days. I suppose I'm wired this way, since I majored in U.S/World History.

R.I.P. Cliff, you're still missed!

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:49 pm

R.I.P Cliff

It was the day Metallica died as a serious act in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:50 pm

I've been reading Mick Wall's "Enter Night: A Biography of Metallica" lately and just finished the portion dealing with the tour bus crash that killed Cliff. His death affected the band for more years, and in more ways, than I think even the band realized until much later. It seriously changed their entire trajectory.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Wow. 25 years. Cliff, you are missed.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:59 pm

He was one of the best. RIP
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:01 pm

If I'm correct, He's been dead longer than he lived. It's hard to imagine that. But he has definitely left a legacy like none other. R.I.P. Cliff.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 pm

His death happened many years before I became a Metallica fan but he was one of a kind.
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 pm

I wasn't alive then, but judging on the stuff that Metallica has put out afterwards I wish he was still alive.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:41 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 am

Even Dave Mustaine wrote a song about him! Must have been a great guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:15 am

Other than And Justice For All i hate everything Metallica did after Cliff died.R.I.P Cliff
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 am

I had just gotten into Metallica a few months before this tragedy. And just to show how different times were I think it was over a month later till I heard about it in one of the music magazines. One of the few music deaths where I truly wonder what might have been.

RIP Cliff.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am

jstate wrote:
I had just gotten into Metallica a few months before this tragedy.

Same here. My buddy had just gotten "Ride" right before "Puppets" came out (so some time before March '86)

jstate wrote:
And just to show how different times were I think it was over a month later till I heard about it in one of the music magazines.

The funny thing is, it didn't take long for me to hear about this horrible news. The tragedy happened early on a Saturday morning, and I heard about it at tennis practice that following Monday. Yes, tennis practice...Our #3 singles player on the varsity was a metal head of sorts. I just remember that it didn't quite register with me...regarding the importance. I knew who Cliff was obviously, but I still didn't realize how vital he was in the cog that was Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:41 am

One of the best musicians/composers.
RIP
25 years ago today... 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Scott Ian posted this classic pic...

25 years ago today... Scottcliff

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Damn. It's been forever since I've seen a pic of Scott Ian where he had hair! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Cliff Burton and Randy Rhoads died way too young... I sometimes wonder about the music they would have made if they lived. I know Randy was gonna leave Ozzy and do classical but I wonder if Cliff would have stayed with Metallica? He was a big fan of ZZ Top, Skynyrd and southern rock in general...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:23 pm

I'll play Anesthesia on the bass in his honor
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Cliff Burton and Randy Rhoads died way too young... I sometimes wonder about the music they would have made if they lived. I know Randy was gonna leave Ozzy and do classical but I wonder if Cliff would have stayed with Metallica? He was a big fan of ZZ Top, Skynyrd and southern rock in general...

He would have and he would have been very happy to do Load/Reload with the southern rock influences
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 am

That pic rocks.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Classic Cliff! Always with the bird....

Scott Ian with hair, I forgot about that!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:37 am

Any of you ever see or hear Trauma ?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He would have and he would have been very happy to do Load/Reload with the southern rock influences

THANK YOU!

RIP, Clifford Lee Burton - you will always be missed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 years ago today...   25 years ago today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

25 years ago today...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: