Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The King is DEAD

Go down 
+16
Addy
James B.
Joe
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Hadley
Sutekh
exact33
mlotek
GrandNational
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
thejokeriv
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:31 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2011/08/Burger-King-freshens-fast-food-image-kicks-King-to-the-curb/50046768/1

In the first of many steps to reinvent itself over the next year, the struggling fast-feeder Friday will announce that it's dethroning the creepy King character — and other wacky, teen-targeting stuff — and refocusing on a customer it had all but forgotten: Mom.
In a new ad campaign set to air this weekend, Burger King will nationally roll out the California Whopper on Monday, made with what's arguably the gastronomic trend of 2011: guacamole. In a serious image twist, the entire commercial shows only the sights and sounds of the fresh ingredients being washed, sliced and diced. There are no words, just pulsating music.
Industry experts say the move may be Burger King's best bet of giving Ronald McDonald any hint of competition. In a world where Cheesecake Factory now has a low-cal menu and even Sizzler touts the freshness of its grub, Burger King is latching onto the all-critical fresh-and-healthy-food factor.
"Call it the Whole Foods effect," says Ron Paul, president of consulting firm Technomic. Target's bragging about fresh food, he notes. 7-Eleven's touting it. And Subway's made billions from that premise. "Fresh is it," Paul says.
But under new ownership, Burger King has yet another new CEO, marketing chief and agency. Perhaps the most consistent thing for BK over the past two decades has been its inconsistency.
"People want a reason to go back to Burger King," says Alex Macedo, senior marketing vice president. By spending the next year fixing the food, modernizing stores and updating its image, the No. 2 burger chain will convince folks it's time to return, he says. "There are no plans to bring the King back anytime soon," he adds.
The first ads tout the limited-time California Whopper ($4.49, with guacamole, Swiss cheese and bacon) and a re-intro of the Breakfast Croissan'wich.
Behind the effort is Burger King's new agency, McGarryBowen, which is the cosmic opposite of its former edgy agency, Crispin Porter + Bogusky.
"We're re-igniting the latent feeling that people have about Burger King," says Gordon Bowen, chief creative officer at McGarryBowen.
That won't be easy. The chain's same-store sales were down 6% in the first quarter, while McDonald's were up nearly 3%, Technomic says.
When it comes to matters of perceived fast-food quality, Burger King not only lags behind McDonald's but Subway and even KFC, says Robert Passikoff, president of Brand Keys, which surveys consumers on preferences.
"There was a time when price value was king," says Passikoff. "Now, healthy choice and quality drive the category."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:43 pm

And there was much rejoicing...

Except at exact's house... lol!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:46 pm

i'm sure there will be a new king pic coming right about....................now

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39736

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:48 pm

My condolences, Exact....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:50 pm

It's funny, when you read the comments on that article everyone uses the same word to describe The King character..."creepy". I've thought that ever since they introduced him.

And exact only further entrenched that opinion. Razz

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 pm

R.I.P.

But his spirit lives on here at HoM in Exact's signature.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 pm

E33 even grim reaper had to visit the King at some point.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Somebody keep all sharp instruments away from exact.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Somebody keep all sharp instruments away from exact.

Good idea - any doctors that can prescribe a good anti-depressant to him on the board?
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:13 pm

The King is DEAD YoQuieroTacoBell

I don't eat at Burger King... or McDonalds
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 pm

cha!! Its only a marketing move! TheKing and his legion of fans will never die!!!

remember:

The King is DEAD Thekingschool

exact33
The King
exact33

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:22 pm

GrandNational wrote:

The King is DEAD Burgerkingafterlife

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 pm

exact33 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Laughing very hard That is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:34 pm

They should just bring back that gwar/lordi lookalike rock band they had.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Sutekh wrote:
exact33 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Laughing very hard That is AWESOME!

I only use it in the gravest of emergencies... or when toho annoys me too much..

exact33
The King
exact33

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Hadley wrote:

got ya covered!!

The King is DEAD Thekinglordi

Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
Hadley wrote:

got ya covered!!

The King is DEAD Thekinglordi

Now i want to see Lordi endorsing burger king!
"Rock and Roll angels, eating a whopper with cheese!"
Then they can start attacking other fast food joints:
"Ronald is a loser and he's my *****"
"Who's your daddy, wendy, who's your daddy?"
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17080

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 pm

The King and Ronald McDonald are going into retirement together.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 am

Troublezone wrote:

The real story is they where filmed in a threesome with Wendy and BK wants to get rid of the image before the video hits the web
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The real story is they where filmed in a threesome with Wendy and BK wants to get rid of the image before the video hits the web

the real story is that Col. Sanders owns that advertising agency and is trying to eliminate the competition

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:43 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Are you sure? I think the King is straight while Ronald always struck me as:

The King is DEAD 576953
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37676

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 am

I've always found exact's "King" parodies to be way funnier than the actual King commercials.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've always found exact's "King" parodies to be way funnier than the actual King commercials.

X2 - his stuff isn;t as creepy as the commercials!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, the commercials were always slightly off base it seemed. Like that one where he was chasing the guy through his house in the middle of the night with a Whopper. How in the f*** is THAT supposed to make me want to go to Burger King?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I am amazed in all these years I havent received a cease and desist order.

The Hall of Mountain Burger King has got me thinking of doing TheKing throughout classic rock/metal covers. I have already done AC/DC Highway to Hell and Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell (backcover), Ratt - Dancing Undercover and am now thinking of new ideas.

Sponsored content

The King is DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King is DEAD   The King is DEAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The King is DEAD
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next