Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goddess of Desire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:10 pm

I recently picked up Goddess of Desire's Symbol of Triumph. I'm really liking what I hear. A little Motorhead-speed with lyrics that would make Manowar proud. And their look sort of reminds me of Lordi. Anyone else hear of these guys?
Back to top Go down

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I recently picked up Goddess of Desire's Symbol of Triumph. I'm really liking what I hear. A little Motorhead-speed with lyrics that would make Manowar proud. And their look sort of reminds me of Lordi. Anyone else hear of these guys?
I just did two one-for-one trades on lala for that CD and the Crue's Too Fast For Love reissue. I got rid of Night In Gales' Sylphlike EP and Crimson Glory's War Of The Worlds shaped EP. Good trades, I think.

They haven't arrived yet, but I do own Awaken Pagan Gods, and I think it's great old school heavy metal! Definitely recommended. Check these out:

CONQUERORS DIVINE
METAL FOREVER

:metal:

Their live shows look like a hell of a good time, too!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:30 pm

Their music is pretty good, but the satanic junk they inject into most things irked me for some reason. I ditched the CD not long after getting it.

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:43 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Their music is pretty good, but the satanic junk they inject into most things irked me for some reason. I ditched the CD not long after getting it.
Satanic? I'm not sure I can take any of that seriously when they have this in their bio:

Quote :

The violators of all that is cliche,
The infernal rapers of angels,
The riders of satan,
The Goddess of Desire Bandmembers!

Bastard

From the wastelands of Gelre. His powerbeats will make posers tremble.

Cape Fear

The infernal string torturer, fell down from the sky during the attack of Satan in the great wars of heaven. This battle angel makes the earth tremble at sight, while everlasting torment reigns.

Count August

The bass-player and one of the singers of the band. Risen from the burning pits of Hell. This daemon will make every false metal dude tremble with fear. He is also the spokesman on stage and the manager.

Delilah

This she-devil will make every man burn with desire, she's the true Goddess Of Desire.

Lord Arydon

One of the two guitarplayers of the band. Originally from the eastern landscapes of Gelre. This warrior will kill every poser on site.
Seems like they're just having a laugh at the expense of metal cliches.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I wouldn't take the satanic stuff too seriously, but hey, that's your right.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Yeah, they are big VENOM, MOTORHEAD, WARFARE, TANK etc...fans. Some of the guys from the band are selling metal stuff on metal fairs at festivals all over europe. I saw them in Germany and Spain selling all kind of metal stuff. I have their first 3 albums on vinyl but didnt find their fourth album yet. Great band with a lot of humor but always with respect for our movement because they are part of it. HAIL GODDESS OF DESIRE
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Yeah, I know this band for like 8 years, great stuff! "Show metal" hehe Smile For their religious belief, I did an interview with Grev Drake, their ex member in 2004 or so. So I asked him about that, the first question was about what he bothers him the most with religions, and he said something like "I think that religion is a good thing until people keep it by theirselves. I don't bother if someone believes in God, but I do bother with people, who force others to believe in something. This something may be God, Alah, Satan, whatever. People should think for theirselves and believe in something they want. Each one should follow his / hers own thoughts. What I absolutely despise is mass religion. Just take a look at the world; Christians, Jews and Muslims are killing each other because they're thinking that their god is real and others fake. That's senseless, especially when you see that all of these three religions base on a similar book or god, and affirm, that only their religion is the real one. "

The second religious question was what he thinks of people, who burn churches and if they are the real Satanists.
"I think that this is very childish, burning churches won't persuade people to star beliving in Odin or Satan; the only thing they'll achive will be, that Christians will start believing in God even more. I think that the real satanist is an individual, who follows his road with his deeds and his reasons. If he does a good thing, then he must praise himself, and he must punish himself for doing something bad. True satanist is an intelligent man, who stands above mass religion and therefore has no needs to walk over it. "

Well, something like that; I actually translated it back from Slovene to English right now Smile

Yeah, Goddess of Desire have also a killer mailorder, if you're interested in t-shirts, patches and stuff, I've seen their tent on a bunch of festifals throughout the years. Very cool people!

Check 'em out here: http://www.goddess-of-desire.info/
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 6:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I wouldn't take the satanic stuff too seriously, but hey, that's your right.

I didn't really take it serious, as image and shock value are obviously a huge part of the band's schtick (the satan stuff, the outfits, the skulls on the mics, the two chicks prancing about half-naked yada yada).

I don't usually worry much about lyrics or care what a band is saying if the music is good. Their music was good, I won't deny that, but for some reason the band just irritated me. Maybe it's because the whole thing had been done before; I don't honestly know.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:26 pm

another joke type band that i never got into much, despite that i kinda dug the music.

Sponsored content

Goddess of Desire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goddess of Desire   Goddess of Desire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goddess of Desire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: